AMS2 Le Mans Series @ Donington Park National - Friday 7 January 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
@Bram Hengeveld & @here
Great race Bram, thank you for the platform for racing interaction.

For me it was a really hopeless effort to vainly think I could hang with @SwannyUK for more than 7 or 8 corners. I managed 5 so some wishes do come true.

The traffic was less intense for us GTEs being the piggy in the middle but still had some intense overtakes and passes to get through.
All came to a head when Bram came up on me as I was trying to catch up with and pass class P2 for position with 4 laps to go. Problem was I had x2 DPIs battling for position towards the end of the start finish straight infront of me. I elected to stay to the right and give up the racing line as I came out of the chicane but guess I didn't lift off enough to scrub speed down the straight, not wanting to give up the chase an all. By time we got to T1 everyone was on top of each other.
Sorry about that, I could have done more to avoid it.
All in all though, great race. Thx all.

Last edited:
Was that me? I saw you were bearing down on me fast in the closing laps, but I thought you were lapping me
Well, I'd have to get a real handle on the riders and runners to be sure. But I was holding p5 for a good portion of the race as I inherited P2 off 'jussie'(sp) in a CR.8 I think as he disappeared off the grid at lights out; until I started to get weary of the fuel burning. I wasn't sure if I was going to have to take on a pit for fuel, tyres or both so stared fiddling with the strategy. Lost it and wondered off the track for a bit - on two occasion I believe. When I finally took stock of what was happening I'd lost p2 and was in 6th on the road.
Though the fuel lasted (wasn't on lol), the tyres went through a sort of graining period where I was sliding everywhere and all of a sudden came back in toward the end of the race - may have something to do with me falling off the track but...? lol

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 330 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 168 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%