Le Mans/Le Grand Circuit 1967 real sponsors

Misc Le Mans/Le Grand Circuit 1967 real sponsors 0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
hal4000 submitted a new resource:

Le Mans/Le Grand Circuit 1967 real sponsors - Real sponsors for the 1967 Le Mans track.

View attachment 213491 As soon as I saw this track in RF2 some time ago, I thought about changing the fake sponsors into real ones. Well, here it is. A very,very early version of my attempt. Obviously there's tonnes of banners, signs etc. still missing, but I wanted to upload this to have at least something in the game. V0.1 Has the major billboards covered, plus the correct "Martini" lettering on the house roof. Also Esso Boy is there to welcome drivers...
My PS skills are very basic...

Read more about this resource...

Ok guys, I found a solution for the "Dunlop Bridges". Turns out that woochoo, the author of the RF2 track used the Virtua Le Mans textures for the RF1 track and changed them into fake.
Already tried them out and they are a straight drop-in replacement. The problem here is now that I would need permission from VLM to use them. I think it won't be a problem because in the read-me from the RF1 1977 track they say use of textures is ok for serious projects. Still need permission though to be on the safe side. I made a post in the VLM forum just now, but I doubt that will get me anywhere. Place looks all but dead. Does anybody know how or where to contact the ppl from Virtua LM? Any help appreciated.
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_330_p4_le_grand_circuit_1967_25_9_117_22_0_4.jpg

Last edited:
I fear there are to many of the big signs in front of the Dunlop tire...None of the 67pics and vids shows there an signs where this banga sign is ingame. But in 66 there was a signs with "Necto" there.

Sorry, but i ´ve made a mistake with the caos cartwright sponsor. :redface::redface::redface: After getting a real good pic inside an old magazine it is obvious that:
Caos cartwright is Coca Cola(with the coke bottle shown)
feyman is champion.
Sorry, but i hope it´s not to late.;)
Autolite was also a sponsor aside the track,

Last edited:
Don't worry mate, it's all easily rectified. About the Banga sign, it was there in 1970. Just watch the LM movie. So I thought it would have been there in 67. Is there any way you can share those pics you have?
About there being too many signs, there's nothing I can do there. They are modelled in the track. All I can do is change their textures. There's also a billboard in front of Esso Boy, would be better to remove it, but as I said, I can't do that.

Don't worry mate, it's all easily rectified. About the Banga sign, it was there in 1970. Just watch the LM movie. So I thought it would have been there in 67. Is there any way you can share those pics you have?
Oh...
you remind me of buying a scanner.:whistling: Especially one to convert Dia pictures(so many of the 60ies nord).
You want i to create the old, real looks? This can help you immedeatly

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=le+mans+1967&qpvt=le+mans+1967
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=le+mans+1966&qpvt=le+mans+1966

yes, coming down to start straight i thought the same "Why they put this grey thing in front of the cool Esso boy" But every time I pass one of the already corrected signs - it´s like going back in time.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years