Le Mans Classics Mod? Anyone Tried It?

This caught my eye; https://simgarage.nolimit.cz/rubriky/game-add-ons/le-mans-classics/mod-download/gt legends

This looks good in theory. It appears to be a mod based on a GPL add-on from a few years back that was called "67 Sportscars." It worked quite nicely on the old GPL platform. I'm curious if anyone here has installed it? There are versions for GTR 2, GTL, and Power & Glory. The website, BorekS SimGarage, is offering something similar to the old GPL for the SimBin titles as well.

I personally, am quite leery of downloading content from a source I'm unfamiliar with. In ten years of being pretty active on a couple of sim racing sites I've never come across BorekS SimGarage. I typed it in on my PC search and McAfee flashed dire warnings against it.

Last edited:
BorekS is an active modder for ages and offering high quality mods.

We did an online series this year using his cars over at simracing.org.uk
( https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?action=LM2R&group=605&theme=5 )
So no reason to be suspicious at all.

The warning you get is a McAfee issue - I'm quite sure. The site does exist for several years. No problems here - of course I use Linux Mint without any protection :rolleyes:

You can find threads concerning BorekS's work at http://f1classic.your-talk.com/ and
http://www.evolution-modding.net/

Last edited:
:thumbsup:Thank you for the info on BorekS. I'll be trying the Le Mans download this weekend on both GTL and P&G. With respect to the McAfee warning, I recall I've run into that a few times over the years and it was always bogus.

It is a most beautiful model and sounds fantastic. Enjoy!
GRAB_020.jpg

BorekS is a very talented modder and a long time, prolific contributor to the Sim community. I have had his "F1 Legends" mod in my collection for years (since it was released for rFactor). As I recall, he started with SlimJim's mod of the GPL cars but I am not certain. :thumbsup:

Here are a few screen shots of his stunning "Le Mans Classic" cars at my nearly finished rendition of Riverside (CanAm) circa 1980s.

RIR-Grid-+-LMC.jpg
RIR-T6-+-LMC.jpg
RIR-T7-Camera-+-LMC.jpg
RIR-Bridge-+-LMC.jpg
RIR-T9-+-LMC.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jack,
I'm a fan of Borek and friends work, as well. I made a small contribution some time ago and believe there stuff is on a level with the P&G mod. Worthy of support and plays nicely with P&G = carrying the torch perhaps. Glad you tried it!
S

s201HL,
Indeed it appears to be a quality piece of work. I see his F1 legends is available for Automobilista so I'm gonna give it a try on that sim. I used to run GPL years ago and miss that era of F1 in current sims.

After seeing this thread, I downloaded: LMC, F1 Legends, Cooper T73 and Ferrari 312B.
I'm practicing around Fuji Raceway 1968 GP, white knuckle, banked circuit, where the F1 cars are coming out to be the best suited so far.
It's New Years Eve. Somebody stop me!!!

I've used the 10K version in GTL with the LM 55 mod and it's great fun but terrifying at the same time. Is it available for GTR 2/P&G?
I also love the mid sixties Monza before the chicanes slowed Curva Grande and Ascari.
The long European tracks like Solitude, Bremgarten, Lienz, and the original Spa, Hockenheim, and Nurburgring are my favorites along with Willow and Riverside of course.
And then there's the Targa.....so many tracks, so little time, eh?

GP66Monza-T1_+_F1LR.jpg
GP66Monza-T10_+_F1LR.jpg
GP66Monza-T11_+_F1LR.jpg
GP66Monza-Rear_Oval_+_F1LR.jpg
GP66Monza-Rear_Oval_+_F1LR.jpg
GP66Monza-T12_+_F1LR.jpg
I have an old one from motorfx but there may be a newer version somewhere:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/53fk7pyp8ud7xr2/70Monza10_v0_95_by_motorfx.zip/file
Have fun!

The screen shots above showcase the F1 Legends cars and one of my earliest track conversions: Monza from GTR2 and Race07 were combined with the oval from rFactor Brianza because the 10K version was not available for GTL, GTR2 or Race07 back then. I never polished it (and it shows) but it works for my use.

Last edited:
I'll have to try Fuji. So far the F1L car that floats my boat is the Beagle V12 at 72 Imola.

I've spent too much time on track with the FMC and F1 67 mod, trying to crack the 1.40 at Fuji and I final did it with the appropriate, Yonda RA 300, at 1.38.8.
I'm knocking on the door with the Porsche 917K, but I just need that, "one more go", round the circuit and I'll be there.
Fuji 68 GP, has everything I like in a track. Bumpy, high speed curves, varied elevations, fast blind crests and NO chicanes. It feels alive.
It's great to see my favourite game still supported with high quality mods.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.2%