Le Mans Classics Mod? Anyone Tried It?

This caught my eye; https://simgarage.nolimit.cz/rubriky/game-add-ons/le-mans-classics/mod-download/gt legends

This looks good in theory. It appears to be a mod based on a GPL add-on from a few years back that was called "67 Sportscars." It worked quite nicely on the old GPL platform. I'm curious if anyone here has installed it? There are versions for GTR 2, GTL, and Power & Glory. The website, BorekS SimGarage, is offering something similar to the old GPL for the SimBin titles as well.

I personally, am quite leery of downloading content from a source I'm unfamiliar with. In ten years of being pretty active on a couple of sim racing sites I've never come across BorekS SimGarage. I typed it in on my PC search and McAfee flashed dire warnings against it.

Last edited:
Gwaldock,
I'm really looking forward to your Riverside Can-Am course. Along with Willow, Riverside was my "home track." I recall countless early morning drives in my '62 Alpine out through Santa Ana Canyon, top down, freezing cold, arriving before the gates opened. By noon it would be 95 to 100. Big Fun it was. I was able to see Gurney, A.J., Parnelli, McLaren, Hulme, Ken Miles, Jim Hall, Graham Hill, Jimmy Clark, John Surtees, name the top drivers and they turned up at Riverside.

Last edited:
I am green with envy, Jack. Although I grew up in the Mojave Desert, I never spent much time at RIR as I would have liked because it required a 2 1/2 hour drive (each way) and I was more interested in girls than racing in the 70s ;). I was out of the country most of the 80s, so by the time racing became a personal priority RIR had morphed into a crappy shopping mall. I remember it fondly, though, and I hope that affection is obvious in my recreation of that magical track. My biggest challenge (besides mediocre skills) has been: where to stop with "eye candy" :devilish:.

Would you, by chance, care to share a few of your favorite photos of RIR? Please?

I'm sorry to say that virtually all of my photos from the late sixties and early seventies have been lost. Many were ruined in a basement flood when I lived in Seattle. Several moves and two divorces "disappeared" the rest. Those few pics from Willow Springs I sent you are virtually all I have. Bummer, eh? BTW, have you seen Pete Lyon's book on RIR? It's a must have.

Thanks for the tip; I will definitely grab a copy of Lyons' book.

Sorry about your lost pics, Jack. I probably have more than a hundred but they are all digital (that may be why I still have them :rolleyes:).

Here are a few more screen shots from my "RIR80s":
Lotus@RIR-T2.jpg

Lotus@RIR-T6.jpg

Lotus@RIR-Bridge.jpg

Are you interested in testing the beta when it is ready?

hi to all, I didnt noticed this thread before... thank you for playing our mods ;)

we was two person simrace stuff development team team in base, with deep-strike. unfortunatelly he passed away on this january. that means all projects, as the Le Mans Classics bonus cars or the F1 Legends Racing 1968 wingy season mod, are currently no progress relating to physics and sounds.

as to the modding history all you can see at my SimGarage or SimHangar site. all our mods are free downloadable, keeping "NoGrip" rulez, means its own srcatch made work / stuff with given permission.

needs to note the simrace add-on development is not my only hobby, producing also flightsim stuff and minor other 2d and 3d stuff, usually gaming related, bothering also with 3d print a bit latest time.

Latest News

What would make you race more online?

• Career ladder

Votes: 60 21.7%
  • Shorter championships

Votes: 23 8.3%
  • Incident reviews

Votes: 47 17.0%
  • More casual races

Votes: 114 41.3%
  • More fixed setup races

Votes: 77 27.9%