This joke is getting bigger by the day. If this corona were really pandemic material, all social networks would go through the roof with news of someone infected faster than you can say fish. It's not even pandemic material officialy, when you compare it with seasonal flu or other "coronavirus" data (SARS/MERS). Where I live no one close knows someone with it other than the cases you see on tv. Then you have Holland (and UK) saying "just the flu", business as usual, while other countries from the same European Union go berserk, with no direction whatsoever from Bruxelles. Nada. In Italy you can be charged with murder if you don't respect isolation procedure. Remember all those utopic movies and books and blend them into one, with a really bad script.

This is plain old nwo doing a sound check and testing people's response. Prepare for the next one.

Wonder what permanent stress does to cortizone and health.

If Le Mans takes place in September this will be an incredibly positive sign that we are through the worst of the virus and normal life can be resumed. It's a big 'if' though.

I believe we have to to think of others at this time, it's the lowest paid and often casual staff who'd be employed for events like Le Mans suffering the most.

This joke is getting bigger by the day. If this corona were really pandemic material, all social networks would go through the roof with news of someone infected faster than you can say fish. It's not even pandemic material officialy, when you compare it with seasonal flu or other "coronavirus" data (SARS/MERS). Where I live no one close knows someone with it other than the cases you see on tv. Then you have Holland (and UK) saying "just the flu", business as usual, while other countries from the same European Union go berserk, with no direction whatsoever from Bruxelles. Nada. In Italy you can be charged with murder if you don't respect isolation procedure. Remember all those utopic movies and books and blend them into one, with a really bad script.

This is plain old nwo doing a sound check and testing people's response. Prepare for the next one.

Well, where my mother lives nobody has been knowingly infected - yet, but here in Switzerland I personally know 2 people that have been tested positive, and I suspect I've already had it given the symptoms I had 3 weeks ago, however I was never tested

It ain't bullshit, sunshine.

Then you have Holland (and UK) saying "just the flu", business as usual..
Really? Don’t know where you get that information from? I am Dutch. I think a few weeks ago, when everything started in Europe, you had people (no government) saying this, but believe me... this is taken very serious here. And overall in Europe... I just heard how many people died in Italy today :(.. They almost passed China now in the number of people that died. Le Mans 24H being postponed is not even news if you consider all this. My thoughts are with the families and friends of people that have died from this terrible virus or are fighting for their lives in IC’s in hospitals.

Last edited:
It's not even pandemic material officialy, when you compare it with seasonal flu or other "coronavirus" data (SARS/MERS)

Eerrr...what?
Seasonal flu isn't a pandemic because it's, well seasonal. Anything cyclic is, by definition, not a pandemic
SARS infected 8000-9000 people depending on the source.
MERS infected between 4500 and 8000, again depending on the source.
CoVid-19 has thus far infected 217,000+ over 6 different continents.

Care to explain to me why it isn't a pandemic?

It's no joke!
Idiotic hysteria generated by the Gutter Media aside, COVID-19 is a proven illness with the potential to kill.
Yes, it appears to be a strain of Influenza, fortunately (so far) not as lethal as the so-called 'Spanish Flu' which killed more humans between 1917 through 1921 than the total casualties during the Great War, both Civilians and Combatants. The true number is thought to be much greater, as record keeping in the Austro - Hungarian Empire, Serbia, the Balkans, the Ottoman Empire and a chaotic Russia were sketchy to say the least.

So-called 'Social Networks' are as useful as a canoe in the Sahara, especially when the ill informed unwashed post stupid opinions such as 'It's just Flu' or 'People are dropping dead all over', when so many Nations are grappling with their health service limitations along with crippling financial disasters.
Muppet!!!
:roflmao:

Last edited:
jonelsorel said:
Then you have Holland (and UK) saying "just the flu", business as usual..

Really?

Is this why the whole of the UK is almost shutdown? Some of the decisions made by the 'powers' that be' could be argued are a little late coming but it's hardly business as usual.

The sooner we all will take precautions, social distances, following the simple rules to avoid the virus to spread, the sooner we will "overtake" this mess and will be able to watch our most beloved sport events!
The virus doesn't have an engine and can't move... we are its engine, so now better to turn off our engines and not let it move!

Even though first trials of vaccines have started they say it may be 12 to 18 months for public use :confused:
(NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci told the House Oversight and Reform Committee on March 12 )
If that is true there will be no motor sport this year period

Hands up who is going Christmas shopping jammed up with thousands of people

The CV is a serious issue for sure...but the underlying major issue will be a financial one....2020 could be a major change for everyone. I feel for the small business people. It is allready having major effects....

It's not even pandemic material officialy, when you compare it with seasonal flu or other "coronavirus" data (SARS/MERS)

The WHO has officially declared the COVID-19 spread as pandemic on 11 March, 8 days ago. There were more than 118,000 cases of the virus at the time in 114 countries, with roughly 4,300 people dead.

We are currently at almost 215,000 cases with roughly 8,700 people dead (so yeah, more people have now died from the coronavirus than SARS ever infected, and more than four times than MERS did). Just 8 days later. That is despite most countries doing everything they can to slow the spread and save as many people as possible. And for those acting like "it's just a bad flu" - for their own sake, and the sake of the people around them, I hope it will be for them (and those people they infect). That includes those government officials who should be doing a lot more at this point (not naming specific countries), but for some reason aren't, and they will probably soon wish they did.

The healthcare in many countries is already at the verge of collapse, sometimes probably long before the potential peak of the disease. And once it collapses, even more people will start dying, because there will be nobody to care for them and/or there will not be enough beds/equipment. And not just people suffering from the coronavirus, too.

And as for when is a disease officially declared a pandemic:

Phase 5 is characterized by human-to-human spread of the virus into at least two countries in one WHO region (Figure 4)23. While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase 5 is a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalize the organization, communication, and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short.

Phase 6, the pandemic phase, is characterized by community level outbreaks in at least one other country in a different WHO region in addition to the criteria defined in Phase 5. Designation of this phase will indicate that a global pandemic is under way.

So, yeah. Some flu. Not a real pandemic.

Last edited:
F1 as a whole can probably survive althought it might ruin some privateers. Which is why I think some of the lower series might dissapear. Qustion is how the manufacturers will evaluate motorsport if they loose billions in the next months due to shutting down.
+
I'm worried how the small teams can even stay afloat if they don't race this year.
That is what I think about. Teams like Ferrari and Mercedes can easy get through, as part of the organizers. But some of the teams (specially the small) and racing organizers can even go bankrupt because all the money already spent and no return.

And that is about F1... imagine some minor categories.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.0%