A lot of this has me worried that we may never go racing--not just in 2020, but ever again... :cry:

I don't know about that but there are certainly some motorsports series that are already struggling without this virus and its broad consequences, both human and economic. I fear this will be the final nail for some racing.

I particularly worry for the motorcycle road racing scene as it is already hanging on by the tinyest of threads and something like this could easily finish it off

This years LM24 has been delayed to 19-20 September because Coronavirus. There are 2 problems.

1. Le Mans is usually held in June, which is 3 months away. Jumping the gun much?
2. The 2020-2021 WEC season starts at Silverstone on the 5 of September, 2 weeks before Le Mans. What are they gonna do, run the previous seasons cars and drivers at Le Mans?

This years LM24 has been delayed to 19-20 September because Coronavirus. There are 2 problems.

1. Le Mans is usually held in June, which is 3 months away. Jumping the gun much?
2. The 2020-2021 WEC season starts at Silverstone on the 5 of September, 2 weeks before Le Mans. What are they gonna do, run the previous seasons cars and drivers at Le Mans?

1. No
2. Delay Silverstone

Hangtown ( AMA Motocross ) initially was moved back, official now it has been cancelled for 2020

TV shows and movies will be next hit

More bad news is hitting the industry as we have gotten reports that Feld Entertainment has laid off 90 percent of their employees. We were shocked to hear this news from FELD Entertainment being that it’s such a large company, but it is understandable as many businesses are laying off employees to save money during this time of uncertainty. FELD Entertainment is much more than just Supercross. They also produce Monster Jam, Disney on Ice, Marvel Universe Live, The Trolls Experience Live, Jurassic World Live and more. We originally heard about lay offs early this morning and then Fox 13 News in Florida first posted the article below about the FELD Entertainment laying off 90 percent of their employees.

People here must start opening their eyes, this thing is really bigger than motorsports being delayed, this is about people DYING.

Please, do it for yourselves and for the ones you love, do everything you can to avoid the diffusion.

Here (Italy) there are funeral agencies that went out of coffins, people who have to bury their beloved ones in other cities because cemeteries have no more room.

People is really dying guys! Many, too many, it's not a flu!

Take this thing very seriously.

When you get to the point we are now Le Mans being postponed is really the last thing you do care of.
I really hope it will take place in September, it would mean this s##t is finally over.

I have read this morning that only yesterday about 600 people died in Italy from this virus only .
This figure is comparable with some daily amount of deaths of the worst war battles ever here in Europa.

I just wanted you to know that I am sharing your pain , and I pray everyday for all of you in italy.
I wish you all the best I can.

This is not a flu. People are infected, but have at first NO symptoms. Then they will infect many people, and at the end there is an explosion of people dying one month later.
It is terrible.

I am living not so far from italy, in Alsace / France, where we have to face a terrible situation too, worser everyday. In the hospital of my town, 12 people died yesterday, probably a lot more will die today..
About 200 admission per day.
Two friends of mine are in the coma, 4 people of my family are contaminated .

If everybody here ever consider Something really useful, just stay at home. This is the only message I have.

Of course some people have to be outside to work (supermarkt, trucks, electricity plants, hospital). But for the mass of us, staying at home is the most important thing to do.

This figure is comparable with some daily amount of deaths of the worst war battles ever here in Europa.
Incult!

Picard-Facepalm.jpg

Ok he was wrong about the figures, but that facepalm is bit out of place. The current daily death toll in Italy is similar to the battle of Verdun, which is already a tragedy. And unless some miracle happens we will have about the same in our country in 10 days.

No, you're incult too!

At the "chemin des dames" first WW in two months 200 000 french soldiers died (and more german soldiers).
About 3300 each days, 6600 if you add the germans.
112 new case of death today in France and 800 in Italia, 13500 from the beginning.

Perhaps i know that because one of my great grandfather (on my mother side) died there.
The other one died 3 month later in "Champagne". They were incorporated at 3 month of distance and died at 3 month of distance. So my grandfather lost his father when he was 2 years old and his wife too.

1.4 millions french soldiers (not civils) died and 4 millions were severly wounded. And it's just for the french part.
I could throw more numbers, from the WWII...
When the nazi came in France thru the Belgium (Dunkerque episode), the french army lost 60 000 soldiers in two months. The belgium army 12 or 15000 (can't remember). Which makes more than 1000 death each day and that's without counting the germans soldiers that have been killed.

How can you compare?

Acccording to professor Raoult all of these viruses are seasonal and in july all should be ended. It's serious but it's not a war.

Last edited:
End of the year is going to be super busy, hope all the pro drivers are keeping fit coz they're going to need it...

We might lose a lot of ad-hoc semi-pros though, the ones who don't have iron works/big sponsor contracts but also don't have any other income ( I'm not really sure how contract drivers get paid - their sponsors pay them per race perhaps? no doubt there's some who work like that ). And all the racing schools & instructors & constructors & all the other support systems, oy.

Le Mans ran late in the year in 1968, it's not the first time it's moved.

My free prediction: In july we dont hear anything from you.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: And in august or september ... either.
All is under control in China and Korea.

My free prediction, all will be under control in july in countries that will do what should be done.
Detect massively and treat all people with chlorochine before things go wrong.

Are you sure you know what you are talking about - at all?
Exactly these 2 countries is the only ones who have chosen a completely other strategy than the rest of the world.
The restrictions they have FORCED on the public is quite different than the laissez-faire-ish strategy the rest of the world have chosen.

If your interrest is anything else than making smart comments then check the post here out - and maybe even translate some of the subtitles in the video.

My free prediction, all will be under control in july in countries that will do what should be done.
Detect massively and treat all people with chlorochine before things go wrong.

I'm not religious, but thank god this ****knuckle is nowhere near the levers of power.
Not that certain leaders shouldn't be either...

>>Detect massively and treat all people with chlorochine before things go wrong.

Facepalm x 1000 at this, cribbed from "Dr Trumpkins" or "Professor Hannity" (sic) on his daily talk show no doubt.

Firstly, it's chloroquine not "chlorochine".

Secondly, side-effects can be serious:

>>All is under control in China and Korea.

This is not true. It's actively managed, and they both know (as do other countries) it can spread quickly if anyone relaxes. Both are experiencing upticks now due to inbound infections.
"In Control" will only begin to come about when vaccines are at commercial production scale and the population has been through a vaccination program.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years