Le Mans 2019 - Six Days to Go - Who's Excited?

Back to mid-2000 levels of excitement for me - if you think it's bad now, you should have been watching it when Audi were winning by hours. GTE-Pro has been a farce since they introduced BoP and it's definitely on life-support given it looks like there's actual interest in the 2020 P1 rules now - unless OEMs are going to run GTE and P1 programs. That's OK by me, GTE-Am is worth watching.

WEC does not necessarily include Le Mans; there was a recent rumour that the ACO were considering pulling out of the WEC again, that has happened before too ( in 1990 ). There may not be a WEC on a given year but you can rely on Le Mans happening.
Good points made. My point (sort of) was: Apolish WEC, make LeMans independent again. Define classes, where teams actually have interest in competing.

Back to mid-2000 levels of excitement for me - if you think it's bad now, you should have been watching it when Audi were winning by hours. GTE-Pro has been a farce since they introduced BoP and it's definitely on life-support given it looks like there's actual interest in the 2020 P1 rules now - unless OEMs are going to run GTE and P1 programs. That's OK by me, GTE-Am is worth watching.

WEC does not necessarily include Le Mans; there was a recent rumour that the ACO were considering pulling out of the WEC again, that has happened before too ( in 1990 ). There may not be a WEC on a given year but you can rely on Le Mans happening.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts. Audi were nice enough to let the French win one though, so it wasn't all bad ;)

I'm looking forward to this year, will be nice to see (hear) the LMP2s and Porsches in particular again.

Le Mans and Formula 1 are death and buried, too many stupid rules killed the spirit of racing.

After Fia disgrace in Canada, Le Mans await us with an embarassing Lmp1 class and a more than obvious Ford Gt parade in Gt Pro.

Le Mans and Formula 1 are death and buried, too many stupid rules killed the spirit of racing.

After Fia disgrace in Canada, Le Mans await us with an embarassing Lmp1 class and a more than obvious Ford Gt parade in Gt Pro.

Because defending Le Mans winners Ford have been taking trophies every race, right? and now in the real world...

In related news, Multimatic are doing all they can to keep Fords in the WEC - there are serious entries for private Pro teams as well as Am.

It's like half the commentary on Le Mans has no idea how it's been over the years. Alonso has a lot to answer for.

:sleep: The WEC won't sell me an internet feed here in the states anymore (which I was happy to pay for) - it is not offered by my current TV content provider, so I will be forced to jump from pirated stream to pirated stream as they are shut down until I lose interest. As others have pointed out, the 24H LM is the only thing keeping the WEC relevant. Unfortunately the series has lost its way and Toyota and Aston building hyped cars to compete against existing non-HY P1s is not going to right the ship. When you had 3 manufacturers each running 3 cars you could call that a class of cars. Four manufacturers each running 2 cars , though fewer cars, would make for a better race.

A race that has always fascinated me, ever since I was a kid reading the Michel Vaillant comic books.
that's me ;) I even watched the movie as a grown up, now what does that tell us?
on another note: still watching my way through the 6 hours of Le Castellet Blancpain gt3 event in little 30 min bits, hope i get that out of my system before next weekend, lol.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%