• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Le Mans 2019 - Six Days to Go - Who's Excited?

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Yes - mega excited

84.3%
  2. Nope - couldnt care less

12.2%
  3. What's Le Mans?

3.5%
  1. Paul Glover

Paul Glover
    RaceDepartment Social Media Manager & Podcast Host Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,019

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Richard Dastardly

Richard Dastardly

Ratings:
    +228
    What the hell? there is an actual Gulf Racing team ( in GTE-Am ) already, that's just effing confusing.

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. DrRob

DrRob

Ratings:
    +81
    Good points made. My point (sort of) was: Apolish WEC, make LeMans independent again. Define classes, where teams actually have interest in competing.

4. Chris Haye

Chris Haye
    Premium

Ratings:
    +73
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts. Audi were nice enough to let the French win one though, so it wasn't all bad ;)

I'm looking forward to this year, will be nice to see (hear) the LMP2s and Porsches in particular again.

5. Edison5do

Edison5do

Ratings:
    +8
    F1 is Dead for me after this Sunday, welcome WEC, Blancpain, LeMans and any other to fill the hole in my chest!

6. Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +31
    Can't wait to see how the exciting LMP1 Category is going to play out. Ohh....wait.... :roflmao:

7. Koen Verlinde

Koen Verlinde

Ratings:
    +214
    Less than in previous years for a number of completely personal reasons, but going to watch it from start to finish.

8. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT
    Learning stuff, eating cookies. :D

Ratings:
    +268
    It's how the french say The Men :p

• Haha Haha x 4
  9. erba72

erba72

Ratings:
    +63
    Lucky me, Le Mans is 50 km from my home !
    I'm going there every years !

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  10. THUNDERbreaks

THUNDERbreaks

Ratings:
    +10
    Le Mans and Formula 1 are death and buried, too many stupid rules killed the spirit of racing.

After Fia disgrace in Canada, Le Mans await us with an embarassing Lmp1 class and a more than obvious Ford Gt parade in Gt Pro.

11. samprince053

samprince053
    Seven

Ratings:
    +154
    with the current Le Mans EoT I've never cared less about Le Mans, LMP1 is a joke, lets see how many laps toyota win by now then

12. Richard Dastardly

Richard Dastardly

Ratings:
    +228
    Because defending Le Mans winners Ford have been taking trophies every race, right? and now in the real world...

In related news, Multimatic are doing all they can to keep Fords in the WEC - there are serious entries for private Pro teams as well as Am.

It's like half the commentary on Le Mans has no idea how it's been over the years. Alonso has a lot to answer for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Hawabbel

Hawabbel

Ratings:
    +0
    A Le Mans weekend is an experience everyone should have made once in a lifetime :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DaveDaBass

DaveDaBass
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4
    Excuse my stupid question, but what is meant by “EoT”?

15. Jugulador

Jugulador

Ratings:
    +18
    If it's that, I'm not looking forward this degeneration... I expect better topics on Racing Department, that is the best gardening forum over all the internet.

I'm reporting this topic and expect that the OP is arrested by the Cyber Police!

16. GuitarTech

GuitarTech
    Premium

Ratings:
    +149
    I think Equivalent of Technology, but I could be wrong too...

17. dhmotor

dhmotor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    :sleep: The WEC won't sell me an internet feed here in the states anymore (which I was happy to pay for) - it is not offered by my current TV content provider, so I will be forced to jump from pirated stream to pirated stream as they are shut down until I lose interest. As others have pointed out, the 24H LM is the only thing keeping the WEC relevant. Unfortunately the series has lost its way and Toyota and Aston building hyped cars to compete against existing non-HY P1s is not going to right the ship. When you had 3 manufacturers each running 3 cars you could call that a class of cars. Four manufacturers each running 2 cars , though fewer cars, would make for a better race.

18. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +477
    If they focus more on the GTLM Pro and AM, im happy. We all know Toyota is going to win on their socks.

19. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +1,031
    that's me ;) I even watched the movie as a grown up, now what does that tell us?
    on another note: still watching my way through the 6 hours of Le Castellet Blancpain gt3 event in little 30 min bits, hope i get that out of my system before next weekend, lol.

• Beer Beer x 2
  20. Raikku

Raikku

Ratings:
    +76
    I'm already naked and waiting.

• Haha Haha x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.