Le Grand Circuit 1967

Tracks Le Grand Circuit 1967 v0.50b

Login or Register an account to download this content
This has been my favorite track for a long time, and this most recent update has made it even better. Thanks very much for putting the effort in, it's appreciated! Excellent work!

I actually still have the original version and thought it was pretty good. What is a good time for this track, say with a GT40 or Ferrari 330 or even a Porsche 917.
It must be say in the 3:40's or 3:50's maybe ?

Firstly, thanks for the track. :p
Secondly, there is an extra folder in the zip file called extension/config etc. I dropped the content/tracks folder into the normal place but I can't figure out where to put this other one.
Thanks. :cool:

I actually still have the original version and thought it was pretty good. What is a good time for this track, say with a GT40 or Ferrari 330 or even a Porsche 917.
It must be say in the 3:40's or 3:50's maybe ?
I don't have access to our old stracker anymore but 3:27 rings a bell (at 97% grip.) GT40 is fastest alone over a lap (we gave it 10% restrictor IIRC), the 908 wasn't far behind and can keep up fine if it can get a tow from the Ford down the straight and the 330 P4 struggles a bit to keep up with it's open top.

I haven't tried the 917K there but I'd guess very low 3s or maybe high 2s?

Last edited:
I've managed a 3:06 in a 962 Long Tail, generally I'm around 3:20's in pretty much anything else. But that was after about a week of driving nothing but this track and that car... :)

I couldn't really remember if 27's was correct or not so I did a few laps in the GT40 at 100% grip and 20C.

The time was a 3:26.4... at 20C air temp I recon 25's are probably the limit without a tow. The car topped out at a frustrating 199mph :laugh:

Having just done that, I wish the hotlap start position was much further back (like a few corners back) it is annoying having to either reverse a few corners or discount the first lap when trying to do a hotlap.

Last edited:
I never use hotlap... It always takes me a lap or two to get the flow of the track down pat, so I just put about 30l in the tank and drive until it's time to pit. I don't think I ever got close to 3.26 in the GT40. I love the car, but have never gotten on with it - I usually end up backwards in the weeds somewhere :)

I have to admit, my fave ride on this track is any of the 935's from the DRM Gr.5 mod. I can blast around this track all night in one of those, it's just so addictive, and just about the most fun you can have with your clothes on !

Last edited:
The 935/78 does have it's charm (I don't have the DRM mod) but I much prefer naturally aspirated cars in general. Of the 330 P4, 908 LH & GT40 the Ford is definitely my favourite. It understeers a lot and the brakes fade but I agree it is a lot of fun to drive!

To get a 3.23 it would have to be somewhere around that speed, give or take a touch...
Regarding the 908, how do you get it to go fast enough, I struggle to get it over 170... I love the car, but with me driving it it's just so glacially slow... That's what I love about this version of the track. A proper Mulsanne without any twisty bits to slow you down. In the dark, in the rain, in traffic, it's just so much to take in. Then you cross the finish line and do it all over again, and again, and again... love this track in just about anything.

When we had our server I always chose the GT40 so I'm not sure about the 908 having never driven it at Le Man's, Im pretty sure it can get into the 190's on its own steam having raced against it though, the Ferrari is the one that gets stuck in the 180's from memory. It was a long time ago though so I might be remembering it wrong. Maybe you have too much wing on the Porsche or have it geared wrong?

I've played with the gearing and the aero, but never really managed to get it really going. To my mind, it just seemed to run out of grunt over 170 or so... I know it should go faster, but I've never been able to get it up where it belongs. I'll revisit it again for sure, but for now I just put it down to "I haven't found the sweet spot yet"...:)

Hi all, can someone please help me Love the track am doing a 24 hour race with 2 set ups i want to if possible change some of the billboards / signs to have my logo on. I cant work out which file i need to edit i have adobe suite and so on.

Hi all, can someone please help me Love the track am doing a 24 hour race with 2 set ups i want to if possible change some of the billboards / signs to have my logo on. I cant work out which file i need to edit i have adobe suite and so on.
Hi Hulk.
Maybe this could be helpful.
I never finished it but the basics are there. Feel free to edit them to your liking.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back