LB rating and self-esteem

Does anybody know if a newly downrating in the LB competition is intended?
Eventhough I have generally upped my position.:unsure:
And I can furthermore see that my rating in the car where Im fastest have the lowest rating.
Oh you good people in the Sector3 Studios it hurts a lot in my self-esteem:barefoot::barefoot::barefoot:

Rank-A-B.jpg

there is no difference between how hard this downshift protection works even if you in as example Practice mode does set the damage to ON.
The downshift protection cannot be disabled or "lightened"!
I can guarantee this is not the case. The condition that has to be met in order for this "artificial" downshift protection to be disabled is: Mechanical Damage = On.

The artificial protection completely stops the lower gear from engaging until safe revs are reached, which I agree isn't an optimal solution because you're shifter will not be pushed out of the gear like it would be irl, so you end up with your physical shifter in gear while the car isn't. In an ideal world shifters would have little pushpins in every gear slot that block the lever.

However, if you enable mechanical damage, the lower gear will actually engage, the gearbox will receive damage and the rear tyres will lock until the engine reaches safe revs.

However, if you enable mechanical damage, the lower gear will actually engage, the gearbox will receive damage and the rear tyres will lock until the engine reaches safe revs.
Sorry.
Maybe I should have waited to make a comment on that thing after I had tested it throughly out.:sleep:
The last year I have more or less only used Raceroom in LB mode(no damage) but have been frustrated (pissed) of the gear shift preventions way of working.
And the extremely few times I shortly have been in multiplayer I havent experienced much/any difference.:rolleyes:
But if the possible damaging of the gearbox is as you describe then it sounds exactly as what I want.:thumbsup:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Still pissed that there is included a shift prevention in historical cars that never had this nuisance:laugh:

EDIT: Just checked your video. It sounds like the damage process in Raceroom is bang > no gears at all?
In NR2003 abuse resulted in first 1 gear was lost - and then later if still abusing another gear was lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
The more gearbox damage gets accumulated, the more frequent misshifts will become.
Dammit.:sleep:
Then its impossible for moi to get out of my incorrect comment that Racerooms gear damage is worse than good old NR2003´s damage solution.
Dammit.:poop:
And it sounds too that my repeated irritation over the function of the downshift protection have "slightly" biased my conclusion of how sound it works. :unsure:

But I will still keep to my last point that there is something wrong with how this downshift protection works when you with a paddle shifter tries fast to shift down as example 3 gears.
Thats what I call bam-bam-bam - as example from G4 to G3 to G2.

Postulate: The first 2 shifts works normally correct - but the 3rd shift does only shift if you wait a lot more ms than the 2 first.:mad:
And yes I understand that it could be because the RPM equalisation is worse in the lowest gear shift.
But what does make this nuisance even worse is that you only realise it - when the dammed car dont shift down.:mad:
And it irritates me so much that I have saved more than 100 replays of this "bug".

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: The number 100 replays is maybe a bit exaggerated:sneaky:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years