F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi everyone,

Few days ago I bought F1 2018 and so far I'am only playing around with steering settings. It feels the game reacts half a second later to my steering input. I tried a lot with degre settings, saturations and linearty. But the problem stays the same.
I use a Logitech G27 wich is at least five years old now, can that be a problem?
This is the only game I have this problem with. When I plug my steeringwheel into my ps3 and play F1 2014 I don't have this problem.
Is there anyone how can help me find a solution?

Hi everyone,

Few days ago I bought F1 2018 and so far I'am only playing around with steering settings. It feels the game reacts half a second later to my steering input. I tried a lot with degre settings, saturations and linearty. But the problem stays the same.
I use a Logitech G27 wich is at least five years old now, can that be a problem?
This is the only game I have this problem with. When I plug my steeringwheel into my ps3 and play F1 2014 I don't have this problem.
Is there anyone how can help me find a solution?
Since 2016, there has been a noticeable amount of input lag, although half a second is quite a lot.

Are you playing 2018 on PS3 as well, or on PC? Lowering graphics settings on PC does improve it a little bit, although it won't totally eradicate the issue.

Thanks for your answer. Lowering the graphic settings did indeed work a little bit. But I just found somewhere else the solution, switching off v-sync. Thats the trick. Looks and drives completly different.

V-sync is always off for me with fast-paced and competitive games. Unless you have an adaptive sync (Freesync/G-Sync) compatible monitor, v-sync adds input lag in most games.
I always used v-sync in every single game i played using different monitors and i never had any input lag problem. V-sync can't be off, that line crossing the screen when you turn it off ruins the experience.

The only game i might had input lag was in F1 2010 , but i don't remember very well since i haven't played this game since 2011.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 78 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 57 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • < 5 years