Lazarou's Motorsport Book & Magazine Discussion

I thought I would start a thread on the various books and magazines I have collected over the years, I will try and discuss, review and also point you in the right direction if you wish to purchase any that I list here. Also it would be great if anyone else wishes to add any as I am always on the look out for new books and magazines.

First up is a magazine subscription that I recently found. It is a German magazine also available in English that is available quarterly either by subscription or individually.

http://www.automobilsport-magazin.de/en/about-us.html

DKCZgYb.jpg

The magazines are almost book like in their quality and in depth reporting of a particular subject to do with motorsport history. The images are top notch and you also get a fantastic double sided poster with each magazine see below (minus the watermark!).

1iwrLFe.jpg

I have just received my latest copy well packaged and shipped to me here in the UK.

For the €49.00 annual subscription including delivery to the UK (which is €18.00 of that total cost), I can't recommend this magazine enough, obviously there is a German bias as regards content but as the Germans have played such a fundamental part of motorsport heritage there is plenty of interesting stories to get your teeth into.

If you enjoy vintage cars and some articles about F1 and other forms of modern racing , Motorsport Magazine is hard to beat. It's a British publication and is almost as big as a small coffee table book. The current issue runs to over 200 pages , although a lot of that is adds (enjoyable adds, but adds nonetheless).
Of all the automotive magazines I currently get , including Road and Track, Car and Driver, Autoweek, Octane , and Racer , Motorsport is my favorite.

If you enjoy vintage cars and some articles about F1 and other forms of modern racing , Motorsport Magazine is hard to beat. It's a British publication and is almost as big as a small coffee table book. The current issue runs to over 200 pages , although a lot of that is adds (enjoyable adds, but adds nonetheless).
Of all the automotive magazines I currently get , including Road and Track, Car and Driver, Autoweek, Octane , and Racer , Motorsport is my favorite.
I agree with you Johnny, definitely one of my favourites too. Nigel Roebuck is worth the price of admission alone.

"Team Lotus: My View From The Pit Wall", by Peter Warr.
E1ckhCN.jpg

Is a fascinating insight into the murky world of F1 dealings with insights on Colin Chapman, Sir Bernard of Ecclestone amongst others. Also views and insights on various Lotus drivers upto and including Ayrton Senna. I really enjoyed this book and gave me a good understanding why F1 is in the current state it is.

It is well written with some forthright views, unfortunately Peter Warr died before he could finish the book, which was then completed by the respected journalist Simon Taylor and then published.

http://www.bookdepository.com/Team-Lotus-Peter-Warr/9781910505021

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Team-Lotus-View-Pit-Wall/dp/085733123X

ISBN: 978191050502

Lazarou's rating 4/5.

My advice on reading Motorsport books read them all apart form Bernnie's !. They say a good book is one you can't put down but with his don't ever pick it up.
I only got about a quarter way in when you find out that the man is a total :thumbsdown::mad::x3::sneaky::poop::poop:
I could say more it would be a mod edit.

My advice on reading Motorsport books read them all apart form Bernnie's !. They say a good book is one you can't put down but with his don't ever pick it up.
I only got about a quarter way in when you find out that the man is a total :thumbsdown::mad::x3::sneaky::poop::poop:
I could say more it would be a mod edit.
You needed to read quarter of a book to work that out?! :D

Competition Driving by Alain Prost & P.F. Rousselot

2ofvQT1.jpg

Firstly let me thank @David O'Reilly who gave me the heads up on this in the RF2 forums, a fantastic read for any sim racer or indeed racer, I would recommend it to anyone in the sim community to help improve their skillset.

The book goes right through the basics of accelerating, braking and clutch etc, to positioning the car in the correct way, weight transfer and heel & toeing etc, also many advanced techniques and why you would use them. The book is a easy read that can be flicked through when you have a minute as it is in nice bite sized sections. It is well laid out with diagrams and illustrations to convey the information in a digestible manor.

It appears to be no longer printed but can be bought second hand off ebay or Amazon cheaply.

Lazarou's rating 5/5

A must read for sim racers.

Last edited:
"Team Lotus: My View From The Pit Wall", by Peter Warr.
E1ckhCN.jpg

Is a fascinating insight into the murky world of F1 dealings with insights on Colin Chapman, Sir Bernard of Ecclestone amongst others. Also views and insights on various Lotus drivers upto and including Ayrton Senna. I really enjoyed this book and gave me a good understanding why F1 is in the current state it is.

It is well written with some forthright views, unfortunately Peter Warr died before he could finish the book, which was then completed by the respected journalist Simon Taylor and then published.

http://www.bookdepository.com/Team-Lotus-Peter-Warr/9781910505021

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Team-Lotus-View-Pit-Wall/dp/085733123X

ISBN: 978191050502

Lazarou's rating 4/5.
Thanks for that one. I'm going to add that to my library.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%