Lausitzring

Tracks Lausitzring 1.51

Login or Register an account to download this content

Fuzo

TM-Modding
Fuzo submitted a new resource:

Eurospeedway Lausitz - German multipurpose racing track

Eurospeedway Lausitz for Assetto Corsa By Fuzo (ACCentral.cz Modding team) - Conversion from rfactor 2 with permission from original author Digga (SRT).

Track is still "WIP" but currently almost finished in drivable state, so I've decided to release it here to get some feedback to improve it :)

Track features:
  • 34 pit boxes
  • 3 layouts - GP, DTM, oval
  • working AI
  • TV cameras
  • 3D grass
  • 2D crowds
  • pre-generated VAO for shader...

Read more about this resource...

1.jpg

... is that a hidden dickbutt?
etjgJ2D.jpg

2.jpg

too high specular/reflection on the treewalls and the ground also

3.jpg

probably a result of the Rf2 origin, but the borders between the different ground types is much too harsh. Also specular is obvious here

Found this object on the oval version, not sure if wanted the first one, totally sure that's should not be there for the second one :D

Turn 1
Screenshot-2019-01-13-18-11-18.png

Few meters forward
Screenshot-2019-01-13-18-12-02.png

Found this object on the oval version, not sure if wanted the first one, totally sure that's should not be there for the second one :D

Turn 1
Screenshot-2019-01-13-18-11-18.png

Few meters forward
Screenshot-2019-01-13-18-12-02.png
thank you for report, I am starting to be a little blind to be honest with too much time spending behind computer, I will fix it, those objects shouldn't be there for sure :)

hi there

in reference to my review:

This looks great! A very nice addition to AC. Thank you. It is, however, not feasible with AI which were crashing out loads on the first lap. I was using DTM 2018.

1. Author's Response
    I will look on it. DTM layout was not my priority so It needs some more testing :)

I wasn't using the DTM layout. I was using GP layout.

Track looks great though. I'm really looking forward to using this :)

hi there

in reference to my review:

This looks great! A very nice addition to AC. Thank you. It is, however, not feasible with AI which were crashing out loads on the first lap. I was using DTM 2018.

• Author's Response
      I will look on it. DTM layout was not my priority so It needs some more testing :)
I wasn't using the DTM layout. I was using GP layout.

Track looks great though. I'm really looking forward to using this :)

where exactly did they crash? In first corner? Did they hit the barrier there?

It's already a good track, but there're still some bugs. The AI Cars don't leave the pits at the GP and DTM layouts and at the oval layout the AI cars drive immediately on the track at the pit exit, what is very dangerous. They should drive on the track after Turn1. The lighting of the track ads seems much too dark. On the Oval track there's a big bump before Turn 3 what seems to be a little bit unrealistic and dangerous for an oval track.

Thank you very much for sharing this track ;-)

Screenshot_ks_porsche_917_k_acc_lausitzring_14-1-119-1-42-39.jpg

Is the track really THAT bumpy (especially after T1 with the DTM layout) - the track is a fairly recently built track and I would think it is rather smooth ?

The AI does not leave the pits in training and qualifying when driving the DTM layout.

Do you think you could add some cones to block off the layouts as currently new people to the different track layouts can easily confuse which way to drive?

Thank you very much for sharing this track ;-)

Screenshot_ks_porsche_917_k_acc_lausitzring_14-1-119-1-42-39.jpg

Is the track really THAT bumpy (especially after T1 with the DTM layout) - the track is a fairly recently built track and I would think it is rather smooth ?

The AI does not leave the pits in training and qualifying when driving the DTM layout.

Do you think you could add some cones to block off the layouts as currently new people to the different track layouts can easily confuse which way to drive?

I was told that the track is even more bumpy than this version in real life, check any of the youtube video from there, some DTM one for example and you will see, I thought I had some issues in road mesh when trying it for the first time too, but rf2 version is the same :) Cones would help, I will consider it. I will look into the AI issues for sure :) My priority was GP layout for multiplayer for our championship, other layouts and AI and cameras will be improved, as I told this is still WIP :)

where exactly did they crash? In first corner? Did they hit the barrier there?
From memory, the AI struggled and crashed(/came off the track) through the first bends after taking the left to come off the oval (I think they're getting upset on the kerbs here - and the DTM cars have very hard suspension too, which makes the problem worse).
Then at the end of the second straight on the oval, some AI cars smash right into that red barrier on the left. If the drivers had been real people, they would have suffered injuries probably.

From memory, the AI struggled and crashed(/came off the track) through the first bends after taking the left to come off the oval (I think they're getting upset on the kerbs here - and the DTM cars have very hard suspension too, which makes the problem worse).
Then at the end of the second straight on the oval, some AI cars smash right into that red barrier on the left. If the drivers had been real people, they would have suffered injuries probably.

Ah I know already where, I've added those barriers after the AI line was done, because guys at our community were slightly confused if they may take it trough the line :D. Then I was given a onboard video from Octavia Cup last year and there were those barriers so I've added them there :)

Cones would help, I will consider it.

I hope you do mark the different routes and as I said in my review I hope you use the tyre walls (or plastic barriers) that are already dotted around the track. Cones can be hard to see in VR at speed. Great track, so far so good. Keep improving it please, it could be really special.

I've recorded a new working pit_lane.ai for all 3 layouts.
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...i-foreurospeedway-lausitz-0-91-by-fuzo.24831/
The pit_lane.ai line didn't work for the DTM and GP layout, because it didn't cross the fast_lane.ai line at the pit exit.
For the Oval layout I've recorded a new pit_lane.ai line, where the AI cars leave the pits after Turn 1, as they should do in real life.

@Fuzo: feel free to use the update for your track, if you like it.

No mention of everyone else who built the track? Intel48 for his work in the conversion, or com8 or making the thing in the first place? Have you asked those people for permission?
As far as I know this track was made by Digga from SimRacingTeam, I have no info about someone else, Digga told me just to credit him so I did. I will ask him again, I am sorry if someone feels left out. I will correct that for sure.

Last edited:
Fuzo updated Eurospeedway Lausitz with a new update entry:

Lausitzring update 0.92

Updates and fixes in version 0.92:
  • fixed pitline AI in all layouts (thanks to @Frank25)
  • fixed AI crashing to bariers in GP layout
  • fixed wrong objects on track in oval layout
  • fixed grass placement across the whole track
  • fixed wrong shadows for crowds
  • fixed some trees and grass materials (reflections and specular) - needs some more tuning
  • fixed wrong track name (according to info from Digga)
  • added basic camera set for oval layout
  • fixed some...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• original track created by Codemasters DTM Series
So, stolen content from a published game?
What you and many other outrage-culture-practitioners outcry now as such used to be a huge part of sim racing modding culture since the olden days in the 1990s for the benefit of the entire racing community to be able to race tracks that are otherwise unavailable. Many early modding groups that later in history spawned people and companies in sim racing whose products we now cherish have started this way.

There are legal reasons why conversion-mods are considered out of the question at RD (as to isolate the legal entity the business RD is) and a very unhealthy cultural following (read:"cult following") has been allowed to build around chastising this and this is not for the better of sim racing and certainly not the better for healthy and civilized discourse.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 487 39.1%