Lausitzring

Tracks Lausitzring 1.51

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for the update @Fuzo. It's great to see animated track objects start to make an appearance, they add a lot of atmosphere to the environment.
As I said back in September (above), I really do think the proportions of your big wind turbine look out of place. It looks like a much smaller wind turbine that's simply been scaled up, so the mast, turbine blades and head are all a lot 'fatter' than they should be. I tried getting a similar angle to a real photo, and hopefully it shows the discrepancy. If you could update this big wind turbine for a 'slimmer' one that has proportions closer to the real one then I think it'd make a world of difference to the track.

Capture.PNG

Xa.jpg

Unfortunately CM is crashing back to desktop with your new version. Any advice how to fix it? Camera facing.ini maybe the culprit?
Try disabling Merge Meshes and/or Flatten Nodes in the CSP 'general patch' settings in CM - one of these was causing me crashes when I was testing wind turbines on another track earlier today.
Merge Meshes is the likely culprit, try disabling that one first.

@Mascot you are indeed right, that wind turbine is a little odd, but since this is a convert from another author I didn't make any big mesh modifications, but in next update I will try to make it a little more real :) If someone have some real measures of those turbines let me have them :)

When you start a session on this track, the game crashes.
Log:
-----------END RACE INI-----------
[SESSION_0] TYPE: 1
[SESSION_0] DURATION_MINUTES: 0
Creating physics track: tmm_lausitzring [layout_dtm]
ADDED TRACK SKIN OVERRIDE: default
LOADING MODEL content/tracks/tmm_lausitzring/tmm_lausitzring.kn5
VERSION=6
Loading 305 textures
ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR bo for shader ROAD_BR_WET
ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR boh for shader ROAD_BR_WET
ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR bo for shader WATER
ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR boh for shader WATER
ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR boh for shader EUR_BUI18B_D
E

When you start a session on this track, the game crashes.
Log:
-----------END RACE INI-----------
[SESSION_0] TYPE: 1
[SESSION_0] DURATION_MINUTES: 0
Creating physics track: tmm_lausitzring [layout_dtm]
ADDED TRACK SKIN OVERRIDE: default
LOADING MODEL content/tracks/tmm_lausitzring/tmm_lausitzring.kn5
VERSION=6
Loading 305 textures
ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR bo for shader ROAD_BR_WET
ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR boh for shader ROAD_BR_WET
ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR bo for shader WATER
ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR boh for shader WATER
ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR boh for shader EUR_BUI18B_D
E
Try disabling Merge Meshes.

@Mascot you are indeed right, that wind turbine is a little odd, but since this is a convert from another author I didn't make any big mesh modifications, but in next update I will try to make it a little more real :) If someone have some real measures of those turbines let me have them :)
1.jpg

Hub height should be around 135m, for a full height of 200m including rotor

Further to @AccAkut 's data above, there are lots of free (or cheap) models out there which might save some work.
eg.

Further to @AccAkut 's data above, there are lots of free (or cheap) models out there which might save some work.
eg.
hmm there sure are, but it should really be easy enough to make a lowish poly model from some photos that is set up for the intended use, with the right height and diameters etc

Fuzo updated Lausitzring with a new update entry:

Update 1.3

Updates and fixes in version 1.3
- replaced the whole windfarm with new models
- added some skidmarks to GP and DTM layouts
- fixed some issues with cameras in GP camera sets
- added AI hints for T1 for GP and DTM layout to make T1 more safe for AI
- fixed some textures in pit area
- improved some additional materials around the track
- updated CSP config's windmill section

Read the rest of this update entry...

so guys I started to model the new windmill and ended up replacing the whole wind farm :D Now the windmills should be very close to real counterparts :) And as always, the more I am playing with it the more issues I am finding so there are some other fixes as well. I was quite in a hurry so if you guys will find some issues with the track, let me know, I would like to consider this finished and move to another projects :)

so guys I started to model the new windmill and ended up replacing the whole wind farm :D Now the windmills should be very close to real counterparts :) And as always, the more I am playing with it the more issues I am finding so there are some other fixes as well. I was quite in a hurry so if you guys will find some issues with the track, let me know, I would like to consider this finished and move to another projects :)
The new main wind turbine looks spot-on now - many thanks!
Also, love the slowly-rotating blades on the chopper. Good stuff!
:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back