Launch server issue / help needed please

Hi guys, its my first time that I tried to setup a server on my pc (the same from which I play AC), so I have some issues like many people, and I need some help (I searched several posts, sites, steam, but I cant seem to find / understand what is wrong). You see I am not a IT tech guy and all this server stuff, sounds a bit Greek to me (despite the fact I am Greek !)

My main goal is to setup a session to play with 3-4 friends max, just roaming or practice, no races, no quails, no pitstops, etc.

So, I managed to open the ports, and if I launch the default AC server preset (named AC_server, without any changes), it shows up in CM. However, if I setup a new server preset, it does not show up at all. When I tried to modify the default preset and let’s say just to change track, it doesn’t save the changes stating “object reference not set to an instant”. When I tried to setup my own new preset, it does not show up in CM. When I tried to clone the default preset and modify it with another track (or any other change), it does not save the changes saying “access to the path data.acd”. So, all in all, the only server I can launch is the default one with no changes?

Can someone help / advice me ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years