LATEST WIN 10 UPDATE HAS CAUSED SOME ISSUES

For those of you whom may not already know ..

The latest Windows 10 update from this week does not seem to like the Java version used with Dynhud.

They are (Reiza Studio) currently working on a "hotfix" ...you can get the sim working by removing d3d9.dll from the sim folder (root directory)........or of course maybe a better idea, just rename this file ....d3d9_2.dll

Of course if you rename this file or remove it, Dynhud and most 3rd party software will not run, this also includes SweetFX

I personally have been able to run the sim still using the d3d9.dll file, but can not select anymore than approximately 10 AI to practice/race against.

Source - Reiza Forums

For those of you whom may not already know ..

The latest Windows 10 update from this week does not seem to like the Java version used with Dynhud.

They are (Reiza Studio) currently working on a "hotfix" ...you can get the sim working by removing d3d9.dll from the sim folder (root directory)........or of course maybe a better idea, just rename this file ....d3d9_2.dll

Of course if you rename this file or remove it, Dynhud and most 3rd party software will not run, this also includes SweetFX

I personally have been able to run the sim still using the d3d9.dll file, but can not select anymore than approximately 10 AI to practice/race against.

Source - Reiza Forums

The actual instructions are:

Until we force a hot fix through, you can get the game working again by removing d3d9.dll from the game folder (rename d3d9_2.dll to d3d9.dll if you wish to keep SweetFX).

This will stop Dynhud from loading in the short term.

You can also simply rename d3d9.dll to d3d9.dll.temp before renaming d3d9_2.dll to d3d9.dll.

Hi,
Can anyone help to advise what error you get before the hotfix? I am able to select a car, load track. Get taken to car in the garage, but then game crashes. Is that this error or something that else?

@Phil Etty
Yes that is exactly what happens, you can of course (although extreme) uninstall the latest update that is causing the problem .. this is the problem update ..(KB4038788) or of course just wait for the "hotfix"

Mine seems solved, removed files, and then won update uninstalled my pedals, hence no brakes, I did integrity check, reinstalled it all, flicked on pretty much everything in nividea control panel, and stable? No stutters, no tearing, just good. May be different in multiplay I guess, we'll see.

Just saying.... ;)

Hz0hQdo.jpg
:cool::p

Is this problem is being discussed in any further depth anywhere? The IT nerd in me is just curious to know more about what the actual issue is. I’ve seen two items mentioned as a possible cause: Java used by DynHUD and something inside the September Cumulative update KB403878. The Microsoft article for KB4038788 only mentions one item that jumps out as a candidate to me. “Security updates to Microsoft Graphics Component” in the final bullet point. Maybe this change caused the DynHUD Java problems interacting with the display?

Personally, I’m not at all a fan of any application using its own app-local copy of Java. That was one of the contributing factors for me abandoning DynHUD and switching to GID. If you’re going to use Java, make an OS-installed JRE a requirement and call that. I fully recognize that Java is no longer the security and update nightmare it was 5+ years ago. Still, I don’t want to spend any effort worrying about an AMS-specific instance of it even if the degree of concern is minor.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%