Latest update disables sequential shifting

Strange one this - my H pattern gearbox asnd sequential shifter are both connected to the same Leo Bodnar board, and you can set the assignments in the configuration tool without a problem. However once I am in game, even though the H pattern gears select fine, the sequential shift doesn't do anything.

I've restarted the game, steam, PC etc to no avail. Am I the only one this has happening to? If someone has any ideas (maybe some other configuration I'm missing?) I'd appreciate any feedback

By the way, the sequential shift works fine in other games

Cheers

Les

All, as far as I can tell; however the paddle shifters on the fanatec wheels work ok, just the Bodnar connected one that doesn't

Strange.....

Les
That's really weird... My paddle shifters also use a Leo bodnar board. I'm afraid I'm struggling to think of anything to suggest.

I know there have been some issues when using the default wheel-specific configurations in the controller menu (ie Fanatec), changing it to a custom wheel has helped some people with that in the past.

Happened to me just now. No matter what I tried I couldn't get it to recognise any of the buttons on any of my rims, despite them being fine in the windows controller config.

Sigh. Gave up and played MSFS instead, I'll try and fix it later.

(Incidentally, the MSFS controller interface is infinitely better than any racing sim I've played, I wish AMS2 would take note...)

Weird, weird, weird......

I do like AMS2, but they do try our patience with silly stuff like this. I am strating to wonder if AMS2 has a glitch that limits one controller to one function.

I now have to pack my rig up for its long shop journey to Doha, but when it gets there I've decided to be a lot more focused on getting the rig set up with only the necessary stuff and ironing out all the stupid bugs and wrinkles. Mid to late october though, so no rig time for me for at least a month

Les

Weird, weird, weird......

I do like AMS2, but they do try our patience with silly stuff like this. I am strating to wonder if AMS2 has a glitch that limits one controller to one function.

I now have to pack my rig up for its long shop journey to Doha, but when it gets there I've decided to be a lot more focused on getting the rig set up with only the necessary stuff and ironing out all the stupid bugs and wrinkles. Mid to late october though, so no rig time for me for at least a month

Les
Yeah, I need to do something similar I think. That's the trouble with gradually adding to a rig over time, more and more things get added and can potentially conflict. I've got so many usb devices plugged into my PC it's ridiculous (and of course I was too lazy to label them!). And I never seem to have much luck with powered hubs, they work up to a point but then you'll get a random drop out of one device and it's so frustrating.

I wish I could get rid of some of the software too, it seems every bit of kit needs its own separate software to work. My biggest bugbear is Sim Commander, I love SimXperience's hardware, hate their software!

The MSFS controller mapping is so great because it basically just lists all the hardware you have and you can map any button to anything, so if you want 10 different controllers to all do the same function they can. I feel like racing sim developers are great at the physics side of things, but less good at the user experience.

I've still not booted up AMS2 since the issue (or any other racing sim), just can't be bothered troubleshooting.

The comment about how MSFS 'sees' controllers is a very pertinent one; DCS World takes the same approach, and so you can assign any function to any appropriate controller input, with the added benefit that you can assign a funtion to multiple controllers so that you just use the one you want. That means I can use a joystick to contol say nose wheel steering, or use the dash panel button, depending on the aircraft configuration without having to load a specific controller .ini file or disable hardware.

As for the comment about adding bits and software over time, again bang on the money. A good example is the Sol mod for Assetto Corsa, since I installed it at least half the tracks are undriveable due to being totally washed out visually. Nothing I can do can cure it, so part of the cleanup will be a fresh install to reset everything and only install the minimum. I suppose it's like windows, every once in a while it's worth stripping out with a reinstall on a fresh disc to clear out the crap that builds up.

Another point is the hardware, cables, USB, etc. With the recent revelation (to me at least) that is VR, suddenly the large monitor, Denon surround amp, multiple speakers, subwoofer and a plate of spaghetti of wires are all consigned to history. So are all the visually appealing add ons I made like the F312T4 dash and gauges - can't see them in VR so why complicate the rig?

So maybe the combination of the glitches and move will end up forcing a better rig on me.

I'll keep telling myself that to ease the pain while my rig inches its way across the sea in the container!

Les

Well, I have the same issue back again. I can't use the sequential shift on the Bodnar board no matter what I do. The H pattern gearbox on the same Bodnar board is fine, and works in-game fine, but even though the controller setup allows me to select the shift up / down on the Bodnar controller, it won't do so in game...

Bizarre once again

Les

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%