AC [LATE] GT Multiclass @ Silverstone - Saturday, January 10th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Had a lame headset malfunction halfway through the race, which I was thoroughly enjoying. Really unfortunate, but I'll be looking to get back in the GTC again sometime soon

Sun Levi

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Holy **** What a race guys, It doesn't get anymore fun than that! Had awesome battles throughout the field!

Thanks everyone for joining the race! and thanks @Ryan Ogurek and RD for the event! See you guys next time :thumbsup:

KSZsz2H.jpg

Brilliant race.
Probably the most intense one I had with AC so far.
The top6 ran most of the race nose to tail, very close. Really enjoyable.
I had some really intense fights, from begining to end.
Using the P4 I was not expecting big things, but turn out to be quite handy.
Of course some of the usual suspects used slower cars for the event, so this added to the equation in make a bloddy fun race.

In the end Sun in the Z4 was a bit too fast and broke up from the group, and things got a bit messy in some fights, but I enjoyed a lot!
The only thing that I dont like is the problem with AC mirrors. The position you see the car behind you is not the same position the car actually is. And this is leading to some accidents during fights on track. Is a bit frustrating.
This needs to be adressed ASAP.

Anyway...

Thanks Ryan and RD for one more great event!!

Matheus Machado

Talking Door Racing
Brilliant race.
Probably the most intense one I had with AC so far.
The top6 ran most of the race nose to tail, very close. Really enjoyable.
I had some really intense fights, from begining to end.
Using the P4 I was not expecting big things, but turn out to be quite handy.
Of course some of the usual suspects used slower cars for the event, so this added to the equation in make a bloddy fun race.

In the end Sun in the Z4 was a bit too fast and broke up from the group, and things got a bit messy in some fights, but I enjoyed a lot!
The only thing that I dont like is the problem with AC mirrors. The position you see the car behind you is not the same position the car actually is. And this is leading to some accidents during fights on track. Is a bit frustrating.
This needs to be adressed ASAP.

Anyway...

Thanks Ryan and RD for one more great event!!
Actually it's kinda real, as "objects in the mirror might be closer than they appear" :D, try using f11 mirror as it keeps real distance:thumbsup:

zAmboni

Moving bollard
That was a really fun race! Definitely one of the best I have been involved with here on RD. I really wasn't comfortable with the BMW M3 GT2, but somehow I was able to stick with the front pack, and there was some great action going on in the first couple of laps. There were several times where 4 of us were all grouped together and I really dont know how we avoided contact. Then there was some action where a little paint was swapped without anything bad happening.

Somehow, after about 16-17 laps I was 2nd behind @Sun Levi, then the next lap without anyone to follow around the track, I forgot how to get through Maggots-Beckets and spun. Rejoined behind @Fernando Deutsch, and had a few attempts to get by but couldn't. On the last lap @Troy Uyan lag warped into me at turn 2/3. DARN NETCODE *shakes his fist*.

Looking forward to the next race!

Edit: I looked at the replay again, it looks like Troy wasn't the one warping, it was probably me. My ping went from a Yellow 116, to a Red 127 at the time of the warp. All of the cars looked like they warped, so it was my connection :(

About the issue with the mirrors.

Actually F11 also is way off. In a fight you see the full car behind you, when in fact it is almost besides you. And Im using full resolution for mirrors.
Some distorsion is ok. But not that much. And it is much.

I notice this sometime ago, and hoping the guys from Kunos to fix it, make more trustable. Is importante in case of close racing. :thumbsup:

Nice race, fun to lead such a big field around here it was quite a tense battle for the front. Ended 3rd or 4th in-class GT2. Some GT3s were crazy fast though! That was a bit surprising. Sun's BMW and 2 SLSs were very quick. Nice race guys!

On the last lap @Troy Uyan lag warped into me at turn 2/3. DARN NETCODE *shakes his fist*.

Edit: I looked at the replay again, it looks like Troy wasn't the one warping, it was probably me. My ping went from a Yellow 116, to a Red 127 at the time of the warp. All of the cars looked like they warped, so it was my connection :(

@Fred Locklear Yeah I was following 2-3 car lengths behind and then I was looking at the sky all of a sudden. Was a good race though we had some nice fights!

Also sorry if I rubbed paint with anyone down straights seemed my wheel center was a little off ^_^

Thanks for hosting Ryan, nice to hear you all had a great time. I did as well I was just alone trying to catch up. As probably everyone knows I had connections issues at the end of practice and qualifying, the only thing that changed was the amount of traffic on TeamSpeak which for whatever reason was the culprit for my connection woes. After the second start I had to leave the game and close TS then rejoined albeit some 3 laps down and then ping was stable at 120 for the remaining race.

Sorry if anyone was bolted by my flying car, totally unintentional as I've never had a problem with full pits in public servers.

Great fun nonetheless, I had the SLS really dialed in after all the practice and it was a joy to drive on this track. Looking fwd to the next race.

One of the funniest race I have had on RD.
I could not found a clean lap for my qualifying, but still was able to start on 8 place.
Something weird happen on the pace lap, I suddenly lost connection to the server so I decided to went straight, but I think it was a generic issue. Good call to restart the race. The problem was on the restart, as it was not clear to me if it will be rolling or race start, so I was very careful until realize it was race, but lost two places. Some how I recover up to 6 place on the first lap, but then on the second straight I went wide and regain in 10 place. After that it was just to recover places and passing cars. Was able to have visual contact with the leaders, still distant but enough to motivate keep driving. Have some good fights with Ferraris and BWMs and at the end I really do not know how I reach 4 place.
The P4 looks to be a nice car to drive, the problem for me is that I cannot "feel" this car. The front for me is kind of washed out, so is not good for my driving style.

Thanks everyone for such a great race. Lapped cars where fantastic and the fights were very clean.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 91 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 125 26.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 81 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 10.1%
  • €3001-5000