Last update trashed FPS???

Whatever the newest update is 1.16.3 I think...made the game completely unplayable in VR. FPS is at 60-70 on Kunos tracks. Anyone else experiencing this?

This is nuts...now i'm down to 40s and 50s for FPS. I haven't made any changes to my game. Anyone else having these issues? I'm running in VR with Vive, i7-6700K, (2) 970s in sli and a boatload of ram.

I'm also in VR but I didn't have any decrease in performance with the latest update.
I'm using a rift and nvidia card with driver 388.71
Check if there's some background process running and also try with only one video card.

I did a race after the update installed two days ago and didn't notice any issues, but yesterday when I ran a race (same track, cars and AI#) I did have lower FPS; was dropping below the 45FPS threshold periodically, especially in the chicanes at Monza, and I was getting a lot of frames dropping in quick head motions that wasn't happening previously.

Update may have had an effect; or it might have been because I hadn't shut down the computer overnight, but figured I'd mention anyways. Haven't had any time to look into it, but I'll probably run the same race again today and see if I get the same thing

It is universally acepted that the windows meltdown/spectre fixes are not affecting gamer PC's. At worst it may equate to 1-2% CPU loss. You have to be at enterprise datacentre with massive I/O levels to see any real performance hits.
Not bothered about 1-2% performance loss, it's the other problems being reported that bothers me.

Not bothered about 1-2% performance loss, it's the other problems being reported that bothers me.
The only other issues are not being reported very well.

1) If your Antivirus isn't ready then you could get a BSOD. However, this won't happen because the MS Patches will not apply until the AV sets a registry setting to confirm it is compatible.

2) The AMD issue is actually a problem with AMD athlons. Therefore only if you have a 10 year old PC, it may be of concern.

Well something is going on, I didn't play AC for a couple months and the FPS I'm seeing are quite abysmal and GPU doesn't get as loaded as it should (45% on 1440p? crazy low load), meanwhile CPU load is high. It used to be fine and fast on 1080p, then on 1440p the GPU was getting very well loaded, now the bottleneck is again much more on CPU after some patches in game or OS especially related to the flaws Intel knew about since 1992 and ignored. They might have recompiled and patched or their compiler got patched to cover these issues and trashed CPU performance when it comes to feeding the GPU enough data to process a thing AC struggles with since it's beginning, too many objects/calls to upload to GPU.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back