Laptimes of other drivers

Sometimes, I may think I am driving as fast as is possible, but when I see other driver's laptimes, I realize I'm not even close.

Raceroom has their leaderboard. I can look to see whether I am competitive in laptimes.

1) Is there any place in AMS that can show me laptimes of other drivers? I went through the manual, but didn't see anything on that topic.
2) Or do I just set AI to most difficult level to see what laptimes are achievable for any particular track?

I already cry...............when I look at MY laptimes. :O_o:
Why not join us tonight in the racing club? Setups are shared, friendly helpful people to help you getting you up to speed etc

Works better than comparing laptimes without knowing what you are doing wrong. This whole leaderboard shizzle is just another thing to push drivers away from online racing by scaring them off.

People just need to understand that LeaderBoard can not be used as comparative of their time in normal race (SP or MP). Just remember that in TT Mode you do not wear tires and fuel, there is no opponents on the track and you can worry less about mistakes, because if you miss, just hit ESC and start a new lap. So it is natural that you see in this mode, lap times much lower than normal on race.

Why not join us tonight in the racing club? Setups are shared, friendly helpful people to help you getting you up to speed etc

Works better than comparing laptimes without knowing what you are doing wrong. This whole leaderboard shizzle is just another thing to push drivers away from online racing by scaring them off.

Hi Bram,
I know what you mean. I don't look at it that way. I look at leaderboards as an extra tool, just to see how I'm progressing. Hotlapping and Racing are two different animals. I hotlap better than I race. Some people race better than hotlapping. So people shouldn't be afraid to enter multiplayer races. Most of the RD guys are great to race with.

Looking at the calendar......
R3E: not a fan of that track.
pCars: Uninstalled. Fed up with all the bugs.
The other sims are new for me. I haven't even learned my way around the UI's yet.
cya around.

Time Trial laptimes are totally useless if you are planning to do some serious racing, i would focus on high fuel load pace and fast laptimes you can do regulary after 5 laps to 10 laps, time trial is just a matter of lapping as long as you can :)

I like the time trial boards to know what times are actually possible and where i lose time in comparison to others. Once we will have access to ghosts the TT mode will be the perfect training ground.

Being able to hotlap doesn't mean that you can't be consistent.
Sure, you can't be consistent on that limit, but if you can drive fast as hell, then only giving 90% will still be damn fast and will allow you to stay consistent.

I like Time Trial mode mainly because it is asynchronous, you can do it when you want, without the pressure of racing at a certain time needed for club races but you are stil competing against other people. Also I like to fiddle with the set-ups trying to improve things and knock off a few tenths here and there. Just taking a set-up from the quickest guy takes a lot of the fun out of it for me.

Good, people that get scared because of other people's laps in a TT mode are immature and probably drama queens that would only cause trouble in online races ;) or disappear after the first race

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Sometimes, I may think I am driving as fast as is possible, but when I see other driver's laptimes, I realize I'm not even close.

As mentioned before, don't worry about the pace of others. If you drive clean and have good race craft and spatial awareness, you won't get in the way when being lapped or get into collisions. I used to run leagues for SCE and rF2 and would check the servers for a reference where I should aim my race pace, and rarely - I'd say 3 drivers total - there were those with fast times who could replicate the lap in qualifying, the race, or even be able to last more than a few laps.

Even people who we've seen around in different communities and across many servers have cleaned up a few drivers around them due to lack of awareness. The comment above is also quite shortsighted, so disregard it if any aspect of it applies to you.

yes thats right im 10 seconds off the pace in r3e and 4/5/6 seconds off in ams and im scared to race so that makes me a trouble making dissapearing drama queen but then if thats the attitude of online racers im glad i dont bother
If that's how you understood it so be it, that's not really what I meant tho, but not going to explain anyway :) I'm not one of these aliens btw, not even sure if I'd like to be :D I still race online (the only way I race tbh) and enjoy the TT mode, I need to use it more, only 2 laps into there for now

Last edited:
Not really getting the reason for the anti-TT vibe. Maybe as a British race fan used to hill climbs and sprints I see it more as a valid form of motorsport than some. Andy Priaulx was British Hillclimb champion and he seems to have done okay.

I did a few seasons of iRacing and the need to run a particular car and track each week gets boring after a while as does being frequently punted into the next county.

TT seems like a soft introduction to online competition to me rather than something stopping people joining a club/league.

Not really getting the reason for the anti-TT vibe. Maybe as a British race fan used to hill climbs and sprints I see it more as a valid form of motorsport than some. Andy Priaulx was British Hillclimb champion and he seems to have done okay.

I did a few seasons of iRacing and the need to run a particular car and track each week gets boring after a while as does being frequently punted into the next county.

TT seems like a soft introduction to online competition to me rather than something stopping people joining a club/league.
TT has no simulation value. END

TT has no simulation value. END
Darn, that's too bad! Most my real life competitions/driving are only timed. Owell :)

Just to add in a different opinion, on some "simcade" type games just hotlapping or a time trial may be the best simulation you can get from it. Think older gt series, the physics were, well okay for the time, but the ai was not simulating racing for the most part. But you could run laps by yourself or time trial and the car sort of did what it should.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back