F1 2017 Laptime Bug!?

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys, take a look at this screen.
Alonso made better than me in sectors 1 and 2, but in sector 3 i was faster than him.
Alonso's lap time should be 1.38.xxx (if you sum sector 1, 2 and 3), but the screen report 1.37.993.
So, something is not working here.
Have you ever experienced something like that?

2d7vq4k.jpg

Programming is hard, really. They didn't have a current licence for a calculator to implement so they programmed some code with many round this round that plus minus random add pi. The trainee was very creative, to make F1 more exciting, you know.

Programming is hard, really. They didn't have a current licence for a calculator to implement so they programmed some code with many round this round that plus minus random add pi. The trainee was very creative, to make F1 more exciting, you know.
Or that was simply not Alonso's best time. The sector times are the ones for the last lap done. Alonso tends to be about 3 tenths faster than Wehrlein in this game usually and the gap between the fake times and regular times in China is about 7 tenths (almost exactly that in this case - 0.715s between the displayed time and the sum of the 3 sectors, which is 1:38.708). Odds are the OP did a flying lap instead of simply driving out or teleported to the pits after doing the lap instead of driving back, prompting the game to give Alonso a fake time. Fake times never show up in the race director or via the sector times, so this is likely what happened.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years