Lap times

i have to ask the question? How is it that some people can be sooo much faster than everyone else? Bathurst for example. 2.01 in a GT2 car. How??

I'd love to see in the leaderboards if it's possible to show things like.
Controller and custom setups. Just so we know it's a level playing field.

ie08r8.png

i have to ask the question? How is it that some people can be sooo much faster than everyone else? Bathurst for example. 2.01 in a GT2 car. How??

I'd love to see in the leaderboards if it's possible to show things like.
Controller and custom setups. Just so we know it's a level playing field.
What's your time?

Yeah those aliens are damn quick! My best is a 2.05 flat, I know I'm not super quick but to be 4 seconds off the pace I just wonder how to find that much time.

I don't ever mess with setups and I am driving with a sequential shifter and use the clutch so I guess that's a factor.

I'm old and not a fast driver but I do a 2.03.285 with the BMW M3 GT2, with default setup and without practice.
With some practice and setup I could do a 2.02 and with 30 years younger maybe another second.

Very nice. Have you tried the Fanatec gear? I used to own the T500 and while I found it to be a bit plasticy I did find that it was more precise. For the life of me I doubt I'll ever get to a time like that. Is that FOV standard? Mine seems a lot more zoomed in.

i have to ask the question? How is it that some people can be sooo much faster than everyone else?

I understand your angst but once you start watching or following others then you can see that it is usually only a couple of tenths or so per corner that they are faster than you. But the most important thing is that they come out of the main corners about 5-7 kph more than you and this translates to very fast times at the end of each straight. Little things add up and soon you are a few seconds behind even though you think you can't go any faster. I am usually 4-5 seconds behind the top guys and sorry to say it but they are just better at driving! Set ups, gears, Driving wheels, pedals and other things can help but I make the most progress when I concentrate on my driving rather than those things. Analyze the track to see which are the most important corners (usually leading to the longest straights) and then see if you can improve on those corners first (set up your car to be fastest on these corners). Then see how much more your top speed is before you have to brake for the next corner. Bathurst has 23 corners and if you can improve a bit on 10 of the most important ones then you could easily knock off 1-1.5 sec. Really improve on corner 1 (faster speed coming out) and see what that can do for you. I'm definitely not that good of a driver but hope that helps.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%