F1 2012 Lap times TT vs Career 1 season

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Just started playing in this game so I dont know much about it. With some random setup from this forum I manage to do 1:26.1xx laptime(Australian GP) in TT mode using Force India car. When I started career, I cant manage to qualify higher than top 17 on Legend difficulty, and my fastest ever lap time is 1:29.030, when Di Resta(teammate) can be about 1.2-1.5s faster. I decided to play in this game on xbox controller (nostalgia purposes xD), when in Assetto Corsa I play only with wheel and load cell pedals. Is this normal, or is it me playing on controller and that makes me slow?

I must add that I manage to win by a respectable margin on Monza in quick race mode, but I used McLaren. Also on legend AI difficulty. After that win I started career with Force India and I'm shocked by poor qualyfying pace in season 1

Time trial gives you ultimate grip because of low fuel, optimal tyre temps and track temps.
Qualifying on this game has always been tough because the top 18 can qualify fairly close to each other compared to real life and the player has a more realistic gap from the front cars to themselves. As long as your race pace is good, I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, it's fun having to pass cars.

Out of curiosity, what was your Australia setup?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 89 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%