Lando Norris Confirmed at McLaren in 2019.

Agree.. But no one realized the Ferrari power everybody's talking about, although is very real, is also the curse that brought them down last race. Kimi talking about his tyres, and Vettel talking about the spin he had, but no one ever mentioned Vettel tyres after that race. It's way destroyed more than Kimi's.

The power they have is too much for the tyres to handle that race. Singapore is interesting though. Rooting for Max V on that one. But Lewis or Valtteri will always be there, ready to take over once the crash heads Vettel and Max V get together... Again :rolleyes:

Sorry... went off topic... Lando Norris, seems like a nice guy... let's go back to that. I had the privilege to race with him more than twice in iRacing. He talks to everybody, not acting like a star in any way. Also Rubens Barichello, three times, but he don't talk too much. He just gets angry when he crash. :roflmao:

yes PLEASE don't say that certain Dutch driver's name too loudly, lest certain members hear you and start arguing about who's a "real racer" again :rolleyes:

What's the plan though? Unless Mclaren get good it's a dead rubber. If you want wdc, you need to be in a capable car so is this a stepping stone? If so where next? Renault, merc. The bulls or the ferrari ....?

I never knew that I actually wanted to have Ron Dennis back at the helm for McLaren. Not giving a good car to Stoffel and Fernando for years and now thinking you'll do better with Sainz and Norris...

Wishful thinking.

I think Vandoorne should have needed another chance without Alonso (at least half of the 2019 season as last chance).
Its should be very hard for a young driver to impress when you have a teammate like Alonso, also the team was probably mostly focused on him.

Don't know the driver but well done.
Only just found out that the super licence rules 2018 are "40 points are needed from the previous three years to qualify for a full super licence".
1st, 2nd or 3rd in Formula 2 DC gets you 40 points.

Very well deserved then whoever gets that.

I'm not keeping my hopes up for him in F1. Didn't he lose the Millennium Falcon in a card game?

YES! I was waiting for a Star Wars joke...thank you sir. So glad this guy is finally getting a seat in the big time :roflmao:

well-well-well-what-do-we-have-here.jpg

mclarens motto = "blame the engine supplier"

anyone who goes to mclaren is going to a bottom of the table team nowadays

congrats to lando though

[Warning - unpopular opinion inbound]

As a Brit, I am expected by my peers to start waving flags, cheer and hold street parties, every time a British person does something...

However I'm failing to find any enthusiasm to do so for a racing driver with parents in the 1% of the 1% that hasn't and won't want for anything in his life. He stated in a BBC Breakfast interview yesterday morning that he gave up school to concentrate on his racing career - oh such luxuries.

No doubt he'll be moving "off shore", if he hasn't already, to "avoid the media", like a certain other British driver did as soon as he got a seat in an F1 car.

I find it very hard to wave a flag and root for such people.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years