Land Rover Defender - 110 SW

Hi guys

Here's the first WIP release. A GTASA conversion with permission from the original creator. Permission granted many moons ago, but have only just got around to converting and uploading.

In very basic form at this stage. INI isn't right, views aren't correct, just a basic starter version.

Sounds are roughly recorded from my Land Rover using a laptop in-built microphone. The engine in my LR is a 300TDI.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/21048951/lr110release1.zip

Apologies in advance if I'm slow to respond to queries and comments on this thread. Have a busy life :)

For those who remember me from RSC (April 2003 to 2009?) I'm planning on re-doing the Toyota FJ40, and perhaps continuing with the KAMAZ flat-bed six wheeled truck. :) Lost everything last year when lightning struck the power-pole connected to my house. Thank goodness for insurance!

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,896
Maybe you can use parts of this ini I did for the old Defender 110. It's from 2007 so it's a bit outdated, but it has some researched data.

Attachments

• car.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 467
Now there's a name which can be trusted! Thanks mate - will take you up no that offer.

From memory that was a 'red' 110?

....thought I'd posted a reply yesterday. Hmm, nevermind.

Busy on my real life Land Rover at the moment. It's a 300tdi which has been in storage since 2003 until I purcahsed it this year. Just passed all compliance checks, now it's on to adding a few aftermarket parts, tidying up things herre and there.

Progress on the model will be slow. There's a baked-texture available, but the original is low-res and I'm not that convinced a baked texture will look any better. Other than that, it might serve well for those wanting to add graphics etc...

The forums ain't what they used to be! Surprisingly quiet.

Had a SVX model lying around which had a nice grill, but overall was a rubbish model. Salvaged the grill and adapted the nose of the 110 to suit.

Planning a standard release and a, well SE edition I guess. A black Defender doesn't look good in Racer so avoiding the SVX / 60th aniversary edition.

Attachments

• LRSVX110.jpg
    LRSVX110.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Tiberius

Mike, nice to see you around again.

You're running 065? I thought you usually had newer hardware - if you can run it, the newest beta 088 might be better for you.

A few Landies on an offroad track could be fun :smile:

• exoticcar2009

How come racer crashes when i select this Land Rover Defender in the car select menu? I use racer 0.7.3. Any Help?

• exoticcar2009

Never Mind, I figured it out. It only happened when i added that seperate Car.INI file. but without that car.ini file, racer did not crash and it worked fine.

There could be an error in the car.ini file perhaps. From memory once or twice Racer was released without the default ini files. This was good in a way as faulty car.ini files didn't work. :smile:

Cheers for the welcome back guys.

My current hardware config is:
2x / Crossfired ATi 4850 1GB (total 2GB)
8GB DDR3 Ram
AMD Phenom Quad core, 3.5GHz
MoBb is an MSi 790FX GD70

PC isn't the problem, just me. :confused: I mostly use my machine for work. Document production and book publishing, video / photo editing and processing, web-site production, system repairs and diagnostics for work...

EDIT:
Here's a screenshot of the military version. Based on the rack and bar system used by the NZ-SAS. Times are changing though; NZ military now uses Pinzgauer instead of LRs.

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 849
Still here! Haven't given up.

My schedule isn't allowing much spare time at the moment, so took a photo of the 'spare-time-magnet' :rolleyes:

Discovery = Daily Driver
Defender 110...... a one day job!
No fancy garage to work in! Wear old clothes and lie on the gravel :D

3D Defender.... still need to re-create the ini more accurately, views.ini etc.

Attachments

• DSCF2914.jpg
    DSCF2914.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 521
  • 122412453_full.jpg
    122412453_full.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 688
Hey Ya!!
Mike-MBW13
I like the 110! Totally rad mate, and the picture of your IRL rigs are sweet too!
One little snag, all of the links are off for me as I caught the late bus..lol!
I hope all is well for ya down under! Things are going good here, well in my end of the world-lol!
I am re-acquainting myself with the site-as I was cleaning my saved web pages, and realized it was a Racer site that was active.
More aboot that later, maybe after a rip :letsgoracing:and "a cuppa"-lol!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%