Servername: RD GTL RACING CLUB
Class: TC-65
Vehicles: Lancia Fulvia HF
Track: Oulton Park / Cadwell Park
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: 10 mins - one timed lap
Race: 16 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: This is a NON Rankings Point event.
Note3: Other notes to follow once event is decided

Missed the start of Race 1. Moron...

Race 2 was fun. Wasn't last, did some racing, or "racing" with Roman (i.e. me moving out of the way on entry into T1). Had low gears, maxing out on T1 entry, and the straight after it, forgot to save the setup...
Chris had some issues, so I caught up with him eventually. Driving right behind him, he clipped something, spun, and I T-boned him. My reaction time was elephant-like, but still, nowhere to go. Sorry about that.

BTW, Roman, you're still getting spikes, it jumps from 160 to over 400. Wasn't an issue, you weren't jumping all over the track, but just so you know.

Frontwheel drive wasn't so back in my opinion. It seemed that the cornering was a little easier to control but I would have to try a frontwheel drive on these tracks to see if I'm way off on that comment. Had a really good battle with Hans in race 1 and finished near mid pack which is surprising considering I only passed maybe two drivers. Just staying on the track is crucial and that is what I didn't do in R2. I didn't get to know the Cadwell Park track until about the 11th lap so I tried to stay out of the way and just concentrate on completing the course and my last few laps times improved.

Really fun tracks to drive. Cheers to the podium boys and to Stu for a unique event.

BTW, Roman, you're still getting spikes, it jumps from 160 to over 400. Wasn't an issue, you weren't jumping all over the track, but just so you know.

I really can't help it :( My pings jumped from 70 up to 600 - 700 and I don't know the reason, I closed anything that could connect internet, but it is unstable.
In R1 and R2 I was decided to quit when I saw pings around 400 or more. BTW I have absolutely no problem with rFactor, Race07 and Iracing...
In current situation I don't see any other options than to suspend my starts, I have a hot time in work and I can't find time to solve this problem. Next week is testing race in RDHGP we'll see how it goes, if I get problems there I will be forced to pull out of the league which will make very very upset :(

Roman: have you tried the little program called Game Booster? It helps on my pc controlling CPU usage and temporarily stops useless programs that can connect to the Internet (autoupdaters, windows update check etc..). Might want to give it a try as it does no harm.
Or perhaps if you have a shared connection you could disable the other pc(s) ;) I really hope you will be able to participate in the league!

I really enjoyed that again, I've obviously banged my head recently, enjoying small cars?.. and front wheel drive?..

Best not to think too long on this.. But, both races went well. I lost connection, toward the end of race two. I was racing all on my own from midway through the final lap, the game let me finish the race before telling me. Very nice of it, I thought.. lol.

Grats to Erling and Dariusz, on their respective wins. Thanks to Stu, RD and everyone there, another great evening in ace company. On TS too, thanks guys.

After a short break from the club it was great to be back behind the wheel. And what a great car the Fulvia turned out to be.

First race I had a lot of fun chasing Nigel. The car felt really good so I could stay rather close to his rear bumper. I had to take phone call later in the race but managed to squeeze in two more laps before the race was over.

Race 2 there was close racing from start to finish. I couldn't keep up with the lap times of Eck and Erling, but at least I managed to keep them behind me for some laps:) Very clean and fun racing on what has to be my favorite track.

Thanks Stuart, RD and all racers for a great event:good:

Thanks Stuart, RD and all racers for a great event

My first victory at RD. After 62 races i became number 1.
Thanks to all that made it come thru.

Can add that my 3 place at Cadwall park felt better, because i managed the task off not do any spins.
Felt i had a good control off the car.

Now its time to start training for the league. I cant do anything during the week, because off work. Need to pratice this friday/sunday.
Will be using a reardrive car which i have big problems to control the oversteer.

Grats to Erling and Dariusz, on their respective wins. Thanks to Stu, RD and everyone there, another great evening in ace company. On TS too, thanks guys.

i won at Cadwell :tongue:

absolutly thrilled to bits with the races, its just what i needed after a crap week :cool:

Race 1. supprised myself with a pb in quali & started 2nd behind Darius. started ok but was soon lossing ground to Darius & with Knut close behind i broke to late for Knickerbrook and lost the rear. after a few laps i made up some places and was catching Ross but once more cocked up Knickerbrook and had Eck closing in, who past me after another mistake but still managed 3rd after other people problems.

Race 2. well if i supprised my self in race 1 with setting a new pb in quali then i was speechless in this quali season with a mid 36 taking pole. again got of to a good start and drove the 1st 4 laps perfectly. but in practice i had been miss shifting at T2 and selcting 2nd gear and on lap 4 i made to same mistake which let Darius close up but i was able to full a little gap before i did it again lol. and around lap 10 again the same mistake into T2 and i stayed wide to let darius through. then with a few laps to go we continued to race bumper to bumper and i managed to sneak up the inside at the 2nd to last corner to take the win by a metre. :cool:

big thanks to stu for setting up a great couple of races & superb fun racing with swiders for 16 laps with never more than a second between us :wink:

@Nigel

You should see my face after i've done my qually run at Cadwell:pumpkin:, was sure to get the pole there:ups:. Great race we had , i wasn't holding anything back at all, you were class of the field and truly deserved to win:thumbup:

More of that pace in future races pls:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back