Lance Armstrong

It now seems that even the chairman of the UCI was involved by accepting money from L.A. and his partners to cover up a positive test.

Maybe its time to just stop watching the sport I love so much as I dont trust the drivers anymore.

When I saw the guys from Sky Team dominate this Tour de France it gave me the same feeling as with Lance, not good.

Except Wiggins et al. are loud proponents of clean cycling.

Anyway, meh, everyone was doing it. The snitches just feel bad that they didn't get anything out of it.
To paraphrase Jon Richardson, I rented a bicycle on my holiday in France. Turns out, with all the doped runners, I'm the winner of Tour de France.

i don't think wiggins is somebody who would dope. maybe if he wins 5 to 7 tour de frances i will think that.

this dutch company saying that they don't believe it's possible to keep cycling clean...well if it isn;'t, what about athletics?

i switched off from athletics for years until the olympics - and only because it was in britain.
aside from usain bolt, i found it hard to believe that the american who came 3rd in the 100m (who had previously been caught for doping x2?) was not on something. i mean, if he can come 3rd "clean" with an amazing time, why bother doping in the first place?

i remember the china olympics when a load of chinese "unknowns" came out and started breaking records -then i found out they were coached by the former east german coaches (found guilty of doping athletes in the 80s).

my faith in humanity is dying as you can tell lol

The Rabobank has decided to withdraw their sponsordeal with the dutch cycling team.

So now the good guys that didnt do anything wrong are punished because of the cheaters that have roamed the peleton five to ten years ago.

Funny also that of all institutions a bank has to say that they only want to invest in something that is clean and transparent. Lol of the Day!

i don't think wiggins is somebody who would dope. maybe if he wins 5 to 7 tour de frances i will think that.

this dutch company saying that they don't believe it's possible to keep cycling clean...well if it isn;'t, what about athletics?

i switched off from athletics for years until the olympics - and only because it was in britain.
aside from usain bolt, i found it hard to believe that the american who came 3rd in the 100m (who had previously been caught for doping x2?) was not on something. i mean, if he can come 3rd "clean" with an amazing time, why bother doping in the first place?

i remember the china olympics when a load of chinese "unknowns" came out and started breaking records -then i found out they were coached by the former east german coaches (found guilty of doping athletes in the 80s).

my faith in humanity is dying as you can tell lol

I have difficulty believing any sport is clean tbh. Apparently barcelona tried to hire fuentes twice! and have also worked with del moral. Fuentes had 200 doping clients and 35 were cyclists, apparently none were track and field. I wonder who the rest were :whistling:

With regard to wiggins he used to be very anti-doping but not so much in the last few years, this was his quote from 07

‘I think they have to take a strong look at who they invite to the race in the next few years; if there is one per cent suspicion or doubt that a team is involved in doping, or (are) working with certain doctors who are under suspicion of doping, then they shouldn’t be invited to the Tour de France, it’s as simple as that. They shouldn’t even be given a racing licence until they can prove that they are not involved in wrongdoing.’

So according to wiggins sky shouldn't have been given a race license for 2010/12 :O_o:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...attle-cyclings-drug-demons--Paul-Kimmage.html

Good choice from the UCI to ban this man and take away all his titles. Im a cyclist myself and this man was a joke for the sport. Its not only him because im sure there are a lot of other cyclists who cheated. Armstrong you happen to know that from taking doping you can get cancer????? I hope that the sport will get a better image now, altough thats a long way ahead im afraid.

It is a huge disgrace.
It would be enough of a shame if any TDF winner was caught eg Floyd Landis, but Lance who created such a high public profile as an upstanding citizen to me its like the cheif of police admitting drug dealing.
I have 3 Lance Armstrong books and admired him so much. I was going to give them to a charity shop but no, that way someone will buy and read them. Instead they will be recyled.

The fact that all 7 years will be declared vacant creates the amazing situation that the worlds biggest sporting event in terms of audience did for 7 years not actually happen:unsure: Bizarre

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 261 13.6%