Lance Armstrong gives up

7 time Tour The France winner was stripped of his titles by USADA (United States Anti-Doping agency not french for some reason) as he "had enough" and walked away from the entire USADA process saying that it's "one-sided and unfair.". And best part here is that he never failed a doping in his career test although his former team mate Floyd Landis tells a different story he accused Armstrong in 2010 of not only using performance-enhancing drugs but teaching others how to avoid being caught. Landis said he witnessed some of his team-mates, including Armstrong, use illegal drugs to boost performance and endurance. The funny part in this statement is that Landis was stripped of a Tour the France title himself because of doping. So a sad/funny story. And a quote from Lance's statement which sums it all up: "From the beginning, however, this investigation has not been about learning the truth or cleaning up cycling, but about punishing me at all costs. I am a retired cyclist, yet USADA has lodged charges over 17 years old despite its own 8-year limitation."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/...-not-fight-doping-charges-041616291--spt.html

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/armstrong-wont-fight-anti-doping-agency-032114073.html

He fought cancer against all odds, he returned to active cycling and gave it his best.

If he is guilty of using PEDs, then so be it. But he will always be a champion.

Doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to know what we always knew right. Cycling is full of dope and it's not he last one that got caught especialy with the constant renewing of the searching methods for dope and other sport enhancement methods.

The only thing i dont understand is how USADA can strip him from his Tour wins??? The Tour de France is held under the UCI right :O_o: (who actualy stands above USADA) and i asume UCI have the final word on this??

And funny thing is what if you strip Armstrong from his wins,.. almost all 2nd place finishers when he won it has a past with dope as well.:O_o:

For me nothings changes on how i look at cycling.

And funny thing is what if you strip Armstrong from his wins,.. almost all 2nd place finishers when he won it has a past with dope as well.
For me nothings changes on how i look at cycling.

Never looked at cycling any other way, though. I personally know of athletes using EPO, nandrolone, winstrol, multiple blood transfusions filled with special hormones - and these are mid-range athletes, those that finish around 20th.

Same thing has happened and is still happening with track&field. We know. They know. The anti-drug committees know about this, they set a tracer program and believe that is enough - just catch one or 2 idiots every year and the world of athletics is deemed again drug free.

It is a serious problem and nobody has a solution for it.

If they strip Lance Armstrong of his wins (which is just, any drug user athlete should be stripped of his/her wins) they (international committee) have to be honest enough and disavow almost all winners and probably up to the 20th position in every single Tour de France. Athletes are the first to admit: no juice, no victory.

Sad, huh?

This was much bigger then just the guys roiding.
The agencies who did the tests either ignored the positive results or postponed the testing.
Fantastic corrupt world we live in...
It's all connected! Bloody Freemasons! Fight the power! Right after this machiatto...

Or perhaps tests can now pick up things test then could have not. Or things banned now have not been banned before.
There's also the fact that 90% of the stuff in the USADA letter is based on good ol' eyewitness accounts. They are actually accusing him of "use and/or attempted use" :D

Sad, huh?
Wiggins and David Millar are good examples of drug free riding (recently at least for Millar :D). Until eyewitnesses pop up for them as well o_O

It's all connected! Bloody Freemasons! Fight the power! Right after this machiatto...

Or perhaps tests can now pick up things test then could have not. Or things banned now have not been banned before.
There's also the fact that 90% of the stuff in the USADA letter is based on good ol' eyewitness accounts. They are actually accusing him of "use and/or attempted use" :D

Wiggins and David Millar are good examples of drug free riding (recently at least for Millar :D). Until eyewitnesses pop up for them as well :confused:
Or maybe it was God who wanted to let Armstrong win them?

Nope don´t buy it. The agencies ignored him 1999 positive result.
It´s a corrupt world. Maybe God can save us? ........................

Apparently they've done a lot of testing with old sample from all types of sports over the last 20 years, it was mentioned with the documentary about Ben Johnson, and there was a lot more on drugs/steroids than they ever thought, even the likes of flow Joe, Carl Lewis produced a positive, with the latest test equipment....using their old samples...

But if you watched the last Tour de France, it was like a different style of racing, riders were racing a lot different to old.... it is getting cleaner but the damage is already done and will take many years for us to forget....

Apparently they've done a lot of testing with old sample from all types of sports over the last 20 years, it was mentioned with the documentary about Ben Johnson, and there was a lot more on drugs/steroids than they ever thought, even the likes of flow Joe, Carl Lewis produced a positive, with the latest test equipment....using their old samples...

When they found out about Ben (ohhhhh, he took drugs, oh my, how wrong that is, what a bad man he is - hypocrites) all the world turned on him. Carl "fake" Lewis was one of the first to stomp the man, all the while pretending not to take a cocktail of drugs himself. Shameful.

It's a façade they put on for the world to see. We know the performances they have for the past 20 to 30 years are nothing but drug enhanced - even if only to shorten the recovery periods.

The biggest hypocrite here is Armstrong himself. Always playing mr innocent while everybody around him in the top ranks of the peleton has been caught using.

I think we all agree he is a great athlete, doping doesn't change that, but be a man and just admit it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back