AC Lamborghini Super Trofeo @ Imola - Saturday 9th January 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Good stuff guys, thanks for letting me join in.
First race on RD servers so hope I didn't pee anyone off accidently...
I need to sort my sound out too, I could hear you all in the lobby but as soon as we were racing I couldn't hear anyone...
Thankfully we have blue flags!
Hope you enjoyed it mate, not bad for a first race here :)

I'm so sorry about the talking and being in the middle of the track, I was certain I pressed ESC when I parked it on the side of the track & picked up the phone, and I had my headset wrapped around my neck while talking, I normally have my mic on push to talk but I tonight I didn't, I'll make sure I'm always on Push to talk from now on.

That was great fun! Cheers for coming fellas, and unlucky with the connection there @Casper, it must have been something ISP related because I've never seen someone ping like that before even on the old netcode. Thanks for the battle though, I had a blast! :D

Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_st_imola_9-1-116-19-11-3.jpg

Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_st_imola_9-1-116-19-6-14.jpg

Was having an amazing race, wanted to try a 2 stop and see how that would work out, unfortunate that I had to go but that was still awesome, love the combo!

Well done @Sniper for the mega save, would've been a heck of a crash if you didn't miss me :roflmao: And well done @Nick10 ! Keep going mate :thumbsup:

Edit: @Matheus Machado That start though!

Lambo%20Imola_zpsdmz0wfow.jpg~original

Last edited:
Was having an amazing race, wanted to try a 2 stop and see how that would work out, unfortunate that I had to go but that was still awesome, love the combo!

Well done @Sniper for the mega save, would've been a heck of a crash if you didn't miss me :roflmao: And well done @Nick10 ! Keep going mate :thumbsup:

Edit: @Matheus Machado That start though!

Lambo%20Imola_zpsdmz0wfow.jpg~original
Yeah, great work @Nick10, now a little magic lessons from @Bram and you'll be right up there :D
Awesome effort @Nick10
Fifth fastest lap overall. Sensational. Keep it up mate.

So sorry @Chris Stacey and @Matt Bailey for pinging you guys.
Was having a really fun race up near the front for a change and it all went haywire! I reckon any time you are running around @Chris Stacey and @Matheus Machado you are doing ok so I was both very happy and very disappointed for that to happen.
Checked with @Sniper on the replay afterwards and he reckoned I jumped about 400 metres. I thought I had given everyone plenty of clear space around me and if I have ping issues they usually resolve themselves really fast and get back to normal. Obviously not !!!
Apologies again. Lesson learned. Will just jump straight off if that happens again

Just went like clockwork, felt the pressure of being in the pack, and concentration let me down, 2 crippling spins with errors, but last 10 Laps was lonely but exciting watching the gap slowly close on dave and jack,

Gotta think what fell into place, Thursday evening I was miles off, then a tweak or two and it sat right into the track.

But I don't know what:sick::(

I hadn't hooked the wheel up in about 2 weeks, and never drove the ST before, so it was a learning experience. Overall, it may have been my best race I had at Imola (and I hate that track!). I watched the replay a bit and man is the replay so deceptive. Things look so nice and smooth from the outside even though I am struggling and fighting with the car in the cockpit.

I bogged down on start yet again, but came out OK, then there was a little lonely gap in front and behind. Guess I just needed to keep the car on the road since I kept gaining spots due to attrition :). I actually led the race for 3 laps! WOOHOO! Ok... but that was because I went 19 laps before I pitted :). At the time I had figured if the tyre warmers was off, I might get some sort of advantage by staying out while ppl who pitted had to warm their tires up for 3 laps. But that was all for naught because tyre warmers were on for the race.

I should have pitted earlier because I was a bit faster after boxing. @Sniper took an offroad adventure and I was up into 3rd. Then I started feeling good behind the wheel and getting into a rhythm....except every time I felt good, I could see Tony was still like 0.5s faster a lap than I was :(. But he made another mistake and I was in the clear. Then about 6-7 laps till the end I started seeing @Michael Stead up front, but did I have enough time? The next couple of laps I was taking 0.5-1s chunks out of the gap, but then when I made a final push I bobbled a couple of times and finished 3rd.

It was a weird race in that I was fighting with the car for half of the race, but in the end I felt I could be faster because I was lifting anytime I got near the curb or the turf in fear of spinning out when hitting the throttle. Happy to get back in the cockpit though. It was fun and cant wait till the next one!

I love Imola, but this wasn't my race. The car took a few laps to figure out how to keep it out of the walls, which I didn't manage on lap 1. After that my back kept getting more and more uncomfortable to the point it was hurting, so I pitted to lay down for a bit and forgot to sat cya's. @Casper no sweat mate, we saw the limitations of the new net code today, maybe 2000 ping is too much to race with =D

Just went like clockwork, felt the pressure of being in the pack, and concentration let me down, 2 crippling spins with errors, but last 10 Laps was lonely but exciting watching the gap slowly close on dave and jack,

Gotta think what fell into place, Thursday evening I was miles off, then a tweak or two and it sat right into the track.

But I don't know what:sick::(
Nick there is no way setup tweaks found you that amount of time,I reckon. It was you!. You must have gained some confidence and driven closer to yours and the cars limits. I have found driving nearer the quicker guys helps me too with things such as braking points etc ( the big time savers)
Keep it going mate. It was great to see your competitive times popping up on real time:thumbsup:

Was just going to ask you guys about this. I found 6 seconds just in my time online racing you guys.
Question I had though after still being 4 seconds off the ultimate pace was, are you guys using the cars default semi-auto transmission with blips on downshifts or do you force clutch and manual and drive heel and toe with h pattern or sequential gear shifting?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%