RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I'm surprised to have been quick:shock:.

I like the track as it is quite fast and has corners and switchbacks that require attacking, but I hadn't driven the Extremes much because of the tail happy nature of them.

If anything the nature of Magny Cours possibly suited these cars which is why I was comfortable with it. Somewhere more technical like Brands Hatch or something and I would of probably spent more time facing the wrong way!!

I think my 2 races showed the fine line of control you get with these cars. In the first race I was in front and without too much pressure and was able to stroke the car around comfortably, but in race 2 with traffic and a bit of frustration I drove like I'd had a few too many beers:beer:!

Having qualified in pole I was confident that provided I stayed out of trouble in the opening laps I would be able to finish first. I had a clean start off the line and just tried not to force the issue with the car in the opening corners. Everyone seemed to be cautious especially in the hairpin and I was able to get some daylight and pace myself. While the guys 2nd - 4th seemed to be having a good battle it meant that I had a largely untroubled race.:victory:

Race 2 went wrong straight from the start:damnit:. In recent races I've been able to get goods starts off the line using my clutch button on my wheel. Unfotunately when everyone was on the grid I held the clutch button down put it into 1st and went to get my revs right when the cars started to move:shock:. I tried the clutch again and the same happened!! This meant I'd have to start without being able to hold the throttle where I wanted it and I got bogged down in wheelspin and then headed towards the wall tagging another Chevy as it went by (sry to whoever that was).
I then found how difficult these cars are in traffic. I seemed to lose my precision on getting the power down, often getting far too sideways coming out of corners and following others into some of the quick switchbacks was pretty un-nerving:sweat:.

I made it upto 4th between Neil in 5th and the BMW of Gaddi i think. I miss judged Gaddi's braking and ran wide to avoid contact and ended up going broadside across Neil's car making it impossible for him to avoid contact:embarrassed:, but fortunately it didn't seem to cause him too much harm.

With the red mist starting to cloud my judgement I attempted to close back in on Neil for 3rd, but lost the back end coming out of the hairpin and lost my front splitter. Now it handled like a dog and I had to struggle the last 2 laps to collect 2 points for 7th.:beat-up:

Luckily that was enough for a points victory:nailbiting:.

Having watched the replays it looks like there were some good battles.
Thanks again RD and the entrants for a great race:good:.

• Chris Rodgers

That was fun, thanks guys. Showed up just in time for qual, didn't get any prep in beforehand but have done about 100 laps in the Ferrari 575 at Albert Park this week for the ICONZ series, unfortunately having only run the Rads once before ages ago, I learned the hard way that a 650bhp 1100kg car drives a bit differently to a 252bhp 500kg one, so it took me a little while to adjust! I'll take a 7th and a 5th under the circumstances, especially since my first race was hamstrung by a stop/go thanks to the track lights being out of sync with the game's notion of the race start, causing me to jump!

Sorry if I punted you in the 2nd race Morgan, you lagged as you headed into the corner so I backed off, but when you reappeared it was halfway through a spin...no idea if I caused it so decided to wait just in case.

Neat little cars, if a little temperamental (they don't ride the kerbs quite so well as the Ferrari :p), can't wait to get some more time in them again soon and hopefully come fully to grips with them!

See you next time :dance2:

Qualied P3 with my first lap on this track on Evo.

Race 1:

Got up to P2 with the start as it was a bit crazy and followed Michael for a few laps but fell off the back as I was still learning the track. Had an 18 second gap either side for most of the race so it was pretty uneventful for me. Finished a good P2.

Race 2:
Started P7 with the reverse grid, got a good getaway off the line but didn't make as many places as I would of liked to off the line.
Others in front made mistakes and I passed a few cars and then I was fighting an awesome battle with Maurice for the lead. We had a bump into the right hander before the straight and the fast chicane but it was a racing incident and I had to give the place back.
Maurice made a mistake so I got past (was probably going to anyway) then I made a mistake later letting him back past.
Then I think a corner later I got back past and lead from there.
Finished P1 for the second time on RD.

Very happy with my pace increase the past few days. :D

Qualy: Went as expected, did a 1:56,xyz, which gave me last
Race1: Based on the discussion on chat I actaully changed my setup for the race (brake balance). Which actually made go more than 1 sec faster, during race i did most of my laps below 1:56. Most of the race it was a battle between Glenn, the track, the car and myself (everybody against each other :)). When we (Glenn and I) where close enough so I could try my first attempt to overtake, this got stopped my Maurice (no problem m8, you waited fair), he bumped into me in the second last turn while I was braking for Glenn. Finished 6th.

Race2: Mostly lonely race, many mistakes, anyway good fun, finished again 6th (guess both times I was last of those who finished).

For my first Rad race not too bad, but definitively good fun to drive! Thanks all!

As i said i just went along with you guys for the ride.................. really enjoyed the racing as i was always being tagged by someone........maybe i'm the problem cause was a mobile chicane most of the time LOL.As is the case in Rd i know we all have the good racing part at heart so all this is a learning curve for me. ........ I better get my backside in gear else its gonna become a very loooooong curve. LOL

• Kyle Evers

Like I said Eric I'll probably be able too, just missing the first part of practice. Which sucks because I've never driven this track before. Going to be tough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%