Lamborghini Huracan ST Evo @ Spa

This is an attempt by ACT80 to create a competitor for the Ferrari Evo Challenge, although, obviously, there would be no Lamborghinis in a Ferrari-sponsored series. AFAIK, this race car is the Ferrari Evo Challenge with Lambo bodywork and a really neat exhaust note. The cars both feel about the same, turn almost identical laptimes and led me to nearly identical setups. But if you want to pit these two great Italian automakers against each other, this is it!

Attachments

• Spa_08-11-2020.ini
    1.2 KB · Views: 352
This is an attempt by ACT80 to create a competitor for the Ferrari Evo Challenge, although, obviously, there would be no Lamborghinis in a Ferrari-sponsored series. AFAIK, this race car is the Ferrari Evo Challenge with Lambo bodywork and a really neat exhaust note. The cars both feel about the same, turn almost identical laptimes and led me to nearly identical setups. But if you want to pit these two great Italian automakers against each other, this is it!

this is mine...feedbacks r welcome.

Attachments

• prova_spa.ini
    1.2 KB · Views: 112
Pretty good! The car is still hampered by understeer in high-speed bends (like Blanchimont, towards the end of the lap), presumably inherited from the Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo. Normally, you might move the brake balance aft to aid rotation, but...no balance adjustment. Or judiciously use the bars, but...the bars are all on or all off. Or adjust the spring weights, but...no spring adjustments. As with a lot of Kunos cars, the only way to balance the car is with the toe (something you'd never do in real life...unless you owned a tire company). So you might try a little negative toe at the front, to pull the front end into the apex. Or a little negative toe at the rear to kick the rear end out. Or both. As a last resort, you might soften the front dampers and stiffen the rears. Thank you for letting me try your setup!

Last edited:
Pretty good! The car is still hampered by understeer in high-speed bends (like Blanchimont, towards the end of the lap), presumably inherited from the Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo. Normally, you might move the brake balance aft to aid rotation, but...no balance adjustment. Or judiciously use the bars, but...the bars are all on or all off. Or adjust the spring weights, but...no spring adjustments. As with a lot of Kunos cars, the only way to balance the car is with the toe (something you'd never do in real life...unless you owned a tire company). So you might try a little negative toe at the front, to pull the front end into the apex. Or a little negative toe at the rear to kick the rear end out. Or both. As a last resort, you might soften the front dampers and stiffen the rears. Thank you for letting me try your setup!

Thanks to you for your careful and precise analysis ... I will first try to correct the springs and the bumpers then the toe. Bye, see you soon!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%