Tracks Lake Louise V2.0 - 23km/50km Mountain Epic [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to make a donation! The v1 was one of my favorite track. I can't wait for the full loop. Amazing job! This is incredible that only one man is working on this ptojectproject.

Hello guys,

Donated your track, Grand Loop beta version looks absolutely stunning but please do some polishing on the textures as slightest going off the track results in a restart and the need to go all over again. Please include the possibility to recover the car.

This track is definitely worthy of some cash.

I did have some issues with my wheels getting stuck on the curb, where I'd have two wheels on the road and two wheels off and could not get those two wheels back on. Other than that this course is a fantastic challenge!

Mostly a great road but I have yet to make a full lap. The crash barriers will always flip the car rather than stopping it so the slightest touch requires a restart. I haven't yet had the patience to try the lap cleanly. A checkpoint system would be useful but no idea if AC would support that.

I found the lotus 98t pretty forgiving for just completing a lap. It's also got an open top, which is bonus.

My fps won't get over 43 on this track, and I get about 80 fps on nurb. I think my rig may be cpu bound, I'll need to run some tests. I got a tire stuck under the road near the bridge. I'll try to post a pic.

Here's a pic of my tire stuck under the road:
LL_Stuck.jpg

Hello Dear,
Awesome MOD, I've been playing the beta and I decided to donate in order to have the "full power" version. I have already made the donation, would you send me the link by email?
Thank again for the paramount track.

This is without a doubt the most fun track I have had the pleasure of racing on. Up until I found this track I was smashing the Nordschleife.

I desperately want to play the updated v2 but can not get the donate button to work.

Donated right now, you can deserve couple of beers, but don't drink them before you finish v2.0!!! ;)
Cheers and thank you for your effort - one of the best layouts ever made!

To all the v2 beta testers, I've managed to update Lake Louise V2 and compiled a new update! It's not quite the final V2 general release yet, I still need to tweak the AI lines to make sure the AIs will drive road cars without crashing.

I do plan on releasing the 23km west loop and the 8km lake loop for free to the general public after the AI lines are updated. Hopefully soon!

This update includes the following changes compared to V2.040

Double the density of the physics mesh for improved ffb for all roads
Tree placement tweaked and increased. Closer to the road to be more accurate to real life.
Tree collision boxes for tree trunks! No more hitting stray branches and crashing/sticking to the trees
Fixed collision boxes for tunnels and the land, should have much fewer instances of falling through the world after a crash
LOD of trees and land mesh for more stable FPS
Timing boards changed to get rid of the mis-timed laps in MP and practice mode
Added objects such as wild life (dead and alive), traffic cones to mark closed roads and marking apexes of some really blind corners
Changed timing for Crowsnest hill climb and west reverse
Added some solid fallen rocks on the roads
Tweaked road vibrations for the upper potholed road to be slightly smoother
Some tweaks of object and sign placements

As I said above, the next update will include working AI for at least the west and lake loop layouts. And further down the road, there will be AI for all layouts, and texture/3D mesh tweaks for the rock walls, snowy mountain textures and road textures.

Thanks for your support, I'll continue to work on the track to make it better! It's an unending task, but knowing people like you enjoy the track makes bearable!

To download the latest version, please go to http://download.racelakelouise.com and enter your donation email address. I recommend that you delete the old folder before you extract the new one.

Lucas

Last edited:
xtremepsionic updated Lake louise - 22.8km mountain Epic - 50km with a new update entry:

Lake Louise v2.0 released!

Due to the file size limits on RD, I've had to split up the file into two parts, please download both. Rename them lakelouise_206.zip.001 and lakelouise_206.zip.002 in order to extract. RD doesn't allow uploading of files ending in non zip extensions.

Alternate single file download link

For the generous supporters who donated before, thank you. Please go to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

xtremepsionic updated Lake Louise V2.0 - 23km/50km Mountain Epic with a new update entry:

Lake Louise v2.0 Part 2

Due to the file size limits on RD, I've had to split up the file into two parts, please download both. Rename them lakelouise_206.zip.001 and lakelouise_206.zip.002 in order to extract. RD doesn't allow uploading of files ending in non zip extensions.

Alternate single file download link

For the generous supporters who donated before, thank you. Please go to...

• ronniej

Hi,
Is there an updated version of 2.040 out or is this it? I donated last year and that is what I received. I was just wondering if this version was better than the one I have now. Thanks Lucas. I got your email, Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Is there an updated version of 2.040 out or is this it? I donated last year and that is what I received. I was just wondering if this version was better than the one I have now. Thanks Lucas. I got your email, Thank you.
You're welcome!
Just a reminder that, for anyone who previously donated and supported me, the 50 km version is at http://download.racelakelouise.com Just enter your paypal email address to download.

xtremepsionic updated Lake Louise V2.0 - 23km/50km Mountain Epic with a new update entry:

2.07 - bug fix update

Due to the file size limits on RD, I've had to split up the file into two parts, please download both. Rename them lakelouise_207.zip.001 and lakelouise_207.zip.002 in order to extract. RD doesn't allow uploading of files ending in non zip extensions.

Please see PDF inside the zip files for printable map and info of the track, thank you!

Change log:
Fixed invisible barrier issues for Lake side loop

2.07 - bug fix update part 1

Due to the file size limits on RD, I've had to split up the file into two parts, please download both. Rename them lakelouise_207.zip.001 and lakelouise_207.zip.002 in order to extract. RD doesn't allow uploading of files ending in non zip extensions.

Please see PDF inside the zip files for printable map and info of the track, thank you!

Change log:
Fixed invisible barrier issues for Lake side loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.4%
  • < 3 years