Laguna Seca

Tracks Laguna Seca 0.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Bernd Schmidt submitted a new resource:

Laguna Seca - A scratch-made version of Laguna Seca for Assetto Corsa

This is a scratch-built version of Laguna Seca, made using real elevation data as a reference, which hopefully means it's quite accurate for a mod.

This is still somewhat of a work in progress in terms of texturing and adding roadside objects, but the track itself should be in good shape, and the surroundings are no longer really in an early alpha stage either. I had to upload it here on rather short notice since the AC forums are shutting down.

The track model is released under a Creative...

Read more about this resource...

Very cool thank you!

Does it have or will it have physical bump mesh to feel the road surface with FFB wheel? I usually ask when its not specified because without it FFB feels too dead when driving. If you dont know how to do it there is excellent thread in AC forum on how to. :) I can link in case you didnt know.

Anyway, really nice to have a scratch built Laguna Seca for AC. Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

Thats awesome! :)

Here is how to physical road bump mesh by LilSki: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-in-track-making-plus-tips.27180/#post-576243

And the whole thread which goes through all the best ways to do textures, trees (even better than some stock stuff) plus everything else: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...er-technique-in-track-making-plus-tips.27180/

The physical bump mesh is something a lot of serious simmers find invaluable so you have that feeling in the wheel. we drove the track tonight and its really good in its layout so awesome work on that! Looks great for a 0.4 version as well. Cant wait for the updates! Thanks for sharing. :)

Bernd Schmidt updated Laguna Seca with a new update entry:

Laguna Seca v0.5

As always there's more to do, but this should be a pretty good update and the things I have planned will most likely take a bit of time. Hence, new release.

New video:

Changes in v0.5:
  • Redid the tyre stacks. Should look better while consuming fewer rendering resources (it's the biggest single item contributing to triangle count).
  • New tree textures built with Blender's Sapling addon.
  • Redid the power cables, should look more realistic....

Read the rest of this update entry...

great progress!

I think making the kerbs a bit dirty and/or some shader tweaks to them would go a long way to making the place feel more real.

edit: also the track generates these errors:

INIReader: content/tracks/bs_lagunaseca/models.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [MODEL_4] FILE
INIReader: content/tracks/bs_lagunaseca/models.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [MODEL_4] POSITION
INIReader: content/tracks/bs_lagunaseca/models.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [MODEL_4] ROTATION

nitpick:
suggested changes to ui_track.json:
"country": "U.S.A.",
"tags" : ["usa", "circuit"],
i dont think the "GP" tag is necessary
outline.png looks a bit scratchy compared to others (i think its the black outline), perhaps you can just rotate map.png and use that?

Last edited:
There seem to be some problems with the tree sections after the corkscrew you might wish to check out. It also happens after the bridge ahead and to the right.

Also, in the first half starting straight some tree to the right also have transparency problems. It's probably something that happens to most trees, but it's only noticeable when they are near other objects as in the screen above.

Last edited:
also the track generates these errors:

INIReader: content/tracks/bs_lagunaseca/models.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [MODEL_4] FILE
INIReader: content/tracks/bs_lagunaseca/models.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [MODEL_4] POSITION
INIReader: content/tracks/bs_lagunaseca/models.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [MODEL_4] ROTATION

Where exactly do you see these errors? I'm trying to find log files when AC doesn't load the track for whatever reasons and I can never find anything.

• Deleted member 223075

i use triples
5832x1080
win 8.1
intel i7-16gb ddr4-gtx980

Not here !!! Verify in your game parameters if the resolution is the same that you have. Every time a game won't launch a race ot other is the resolution changed in parameters.

Bernd Schmidt updated Laguna Seca with a new update entry:

Laguna Seca v0.6

Another update. Fewer changes this time since I'm no longer on vacation...

There are two small layout changes. I've redone the Corkscrew section based on Lidar data, which ought to be a little more accurate (or at least easier to align) than the Google elevation data. Also, T6 was modified very slightly. Neither of my datasets is really conclusive about that one, but television images and iRacing videos suggested a little more camber.

There was a report from the ACRL guys that cars could...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back