Laguna Seca Laserscan Complete, Release for Assetto Corsa Expected Late 2017

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Laguna Seca Scanning Complete 5.jpg

Marco Massarutto has confirmed laserscanning of the epic Laguna Seca Raceway has been completed, suggesting the track may appear in game before the end of 2017.

Already widely acknowledged to be making its way to Assetto Corsa sometime in the reasonably near future, the noise around Laguna Seca and the simulation has died down somewhat in recent months, leaving fans of the game to wonder exactly what is happening with the famous American venue.

With something of a well timed update post on his personal Facebook page Marco Massarutto, Product Brand Manager of AC developers Kunos Simulazioni. has gone on record to state that the laserscanning element of the track creation has now been completed (albeit later than anticipated), and the track is in the works to be completed and released to the game by the end of the current calendar year.

Long anticipated by fans of both Assetto Corsa and American themed race tracks, Laguna represents one of the most impressive driving experiences in the United States and has been host to numerous high profile national and international level car and bike racing events throughout its illustrious history.

Well known to sim racing fans thanks to its almost ever present representation in games such as Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport, finally PC players will get the opportunity to sample a fully lasterscanned version in Assetto Corsa.

Despite the delays Massarutto confirmed scanning completed just this week after unexpected delays, with the following statement made via Facebook released by the Italian Kunos founder:

"After a pile of burocratic and logistics issues that resulted in a sensible delay of our operations in US, [finally] Yesterday we have completed our laserscan survey at Laguna Seca, so the track should be completed and available for Assetto Corsa within the end of the year."

Exciting times ahead for fans of the track and simulation as it should prove to be incredibly interesting to drive a full scanned version of a track that has been so popular in racing games over the years. At this stage it is not clear if the track will be a free bonus content addition or form part of a future DLC release for the game, however it is expected that more details will be released in future as development back at Kunos HQ continues to progress.

Assetto Corsa is available to purchase now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Assetto Corsa Laguna Seca Scanning Complete 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Laguna Seca Scanning complete 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa Laguna Seca Scanning Complete 4.jpg
Assetto Corsa Laguna Seca Scanning Complete.jpg

More fun happens at the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Racing Club, so sign up, head over get racing today! Its a blast and you won't look back once you've been bitten by the bug! If you just want to catch the news or hang out with fellow AC fans then fear not, we accommodate that too! We have a thriving Assetto Corsa Sub Forum where you can do exactly that, or even check out and download some of the great mods on offer and upload and share custom car setups! Its all here at RD, what are you waiting for?!?

Laguna! Anyone else excited? What are your memories from this track in other racing sims / games? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I am forever grateful that Kunos can provide unreal accuracy of some of the worlds greatest racetracks. But i can't help but think AC needs more circuits and this is a very time consuming process. AC has the cars, They have the graphics and they have most importantly the community. Whilst community tracks are great and there are some real gems out there, I do wish Kunos made some more tracks for the game. That aside, Can't wait!

If laser scanning is costing them all this time to release a track maybe it's time to drop it. It's not like tracks that were scanned a month ago are the same thing now anyway, let alone stuff from 6~12+ months ago in places with hard summers or winters.
But that's just me, I'm not picky about laser scan, my enjoyment of a track never increased/decreased because the place was or wasn't laser scanned, as long as it is well done I'm ok with that. :)

Last edited:
If laser scanning is costing them all this time to release a track maybe it's time to drop it. It's not like tracks that were scanned a month ago are the same thing now anyway, let alone stuff from 6~12+ months ago in places with hard summers or winters.
But that's just me, I'm not picky about laser scan, my enjoyment of a track never increased/decreased because the place was or wasn't laser scanned, as long as it is well done I'm ok with that. :)

Well you would say they should drop it, you've still only played AC for under 3hrs on record, since it was released.
while the news clearly states:

"After a pile of burocratic and logistics issues that resulted in a sensible delay of our operations in US"
I'm sure iracing had similar issues, scanning some British or Brazilian ciruits, not sure which, and they didn't just give up.

Whilst those that have put more than a measly 3hrs in AC would like more laser scanned circuits, are greatful we are at least getting another laser scanned circuit added.

It doesn't matter when it was scanned, six months or twelve Months ago, it is still coming to ac.

Just a question, by any chance your most played sim racing title, does it by any chance have any "official" laser scanned circuits.

PS.
Laser scanned is here to stay, whether you like it or not.

Last edited:
Well you would say they should drop it, you've still only played AC for under 3hrs on record, since it was released.
while the news clearly states:

"After a pile of burocratic and logistics issues that resulted in a sensible delay of our operations in US"

Whilst those that have put more than a measly 3hrs in AC would like more laser scanned circuits, are greatful we are at least getting another laser scanned circuit added.

It doesn't matter when it was scanned, six months or twelve Months ago, it is still coming to ac.

Just a question, by any chance your most played sim racing title, does it by any chance have any "official" laser scanned circuits.

PS.
Laser scanned is here to stay, whether you like it or not.
This guy is either my fan or a bloody stalker and always get offended despite no ofense present in my comments. Either way scary and should seek a doctor :D
I guess it's a crime to think the Kunos track team is capable of making top notch tracks without laser scan. God forbid we think the group behind the sim is good at their work.

This guy is either my fan or a bloody stalker and always get offended despite no ofense present in my comments. Either way scary and should seek a doctor :D
I'm not a guy, and I'm not offended by your comments, I am sure not a stalker, I'm just wondering why you think they should drop the idea of scanning a circuit, that they know, their users want and would appreciate , the more laser scanned circuits the better, if you don't want them don't play the titles that have them, which is what you have done, it's that simple.

I'm not a guy, and I'm not offended by your comments, I am sure not a stalker, I'm just wondering why you think they should drop the idea of scanning a circuit, that they know, their users want and would appreciate , the more laser scanned circuits the better, if you don't want them don't play the titles that have them, which is what you have done, it's that simple.
Where did I say I don't want them tho? Really you got problems... seek help... urgent! And stop stalking me, ffs can't do any comment without you on my foot. To the ignore list you go.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've only done very few laps on Laguna Seca in iRacing, but those are enough for me to find how and where the same track in other sims feels off or wrong, even though in those sims Laguna Seca is done with great quality. I imagine these inaccuracies could only be more noticeable in VR. Same goes for other tracks.

Couldn't disagree more with the opinion that AC should drop laserscanning.

BTW laserscan <=> LS <=> Laguna Seca right?

Where did I say I don't want them tho? Really you got problems... seek help... urgent! And stop stalking me, ffs can't do any comment without you on my foot. To the ignore list you go.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I have problems?, what makes you think that?, and why would I seek help from a doctor, all I'm doing is replying to your comments, I'm not disrespecting or insulting you, or do you have some sort of virus that's spreading, that I might catch, otherwise I don't see the need to seek a doctor, just because I replied to your comments Three times ever on RD, I guess you just don't want "my type" conversing with you, if that's the case, don't say absurd things.

You should probably read this:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...al-networks-thread.35257/page-608#post-871906

Together with the "burocratic and logistics issues that resulted in a sensible delay of our operations in US" that Marco Massarutto mentioned I don't think it's the laserscanning itself that caused the delay.

They rent their equipment anyway and I believe the process is relatively straight-forward, provided arranged scheduling for a free track and good weather the scanning itself probably takes a few hours at most (as the track surface has to be done in one go without interruptions to get a good scan if I'm not mistaken).

Plus, I guess I'll need to repeat myself over and over until people realise it... laserscanning tends to speed up track creation too, not just make it more accurate or just provide a track surface. I wouldn't want them to drop it either way.

Think of it this way. Building with ground based or aerial laser data is like using tracing paper to copy a drawing. Ground based scanning the tracing paper is crystal clear. Aerial based scanning the paper is a bit opaque but you can still see through it. No data equals freehand and copying it by eye. Having the scan data can take months of guesswork out of the equation.

Why does EVERY Kunos track thread have to come down to a 'to scan, or not to scan' argument??

• Deleted member 6919

20 cars a year 1 track a year, really..priorities are so arse about face with AC now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back