Lagging while driving.

I have a problem which needs to be solved quickly as this have started to happen since yesterday on a race where I allmost hit a person and if I have done so we would lose the race and I would get banned from the event.
How ever I have experince lag when my wheels touch off track or kerbs at the exit of corners.

It's is not connection problems because I have checked that out.
I belive it's has to do with my grapfic card even if I have a very good one (1791MB NVIVIA GeForce 9600M GT TurboCache)

For 2 weeks ago I needed to lower my level of Details from 100% to 65% in order to race at FPWS without lag. But now the lag is back and it's driving me crazy.

plz help

Question only here - Eric does your my documents folder reside on a different drive to your install? You just reminded me of a lag issue I had ages ago when I would get two or three laps in and then my hard drive start 'clicking' and I would lag. At the time it crossed my mind that it could be the PC writing temporary files for the REPLAY - and if thats using a different drive could this cause problems? Like I said its just a thought but I have a feeling that many of these lag issues are something really simple and are connected more to individual system configurations and settings rather than being just down to people not having the latest hardware...

You could always try what I use which is game booster. It not only lets you select and shut down all of those troublesome windows processes that use valuable resources but flushes the Ram to clear out any residue.

Google search shoudl find it, and it auto updates.

Never had lag or a lock up since I started to use it.

Question only here - Eric does your my documents folder reside on a different drive to your install? You just reminded me of a lag issue I had ages ago when I would get two or three laps in and then my hard drive start 'clicking' and I would lag. At the time it crossed my mind that it could be the PC writing temporary files for the REPLAY - and if thats using a different drive could this cause problems? Like I said its just a thought but I have a feeling that many of these lag issues are something really simple and are connected more to individual system configurations and settings rather than being just down to people not having the latest hardware...

Actually - and purely by accident - Steam is installed on my C Drive along with my documents folders (I usually install all apps to D:, with a few other drives tacked on for storage). I do believe is is probably a config problem - my hardware isn't latest, but it was when the Race series came out (C2D-6600 / 4GB / 9800GTX+ 1GB). Will probably try GameBooster as Willie suggested, and I'm overdue for a general run-through and culling of running services and startup programs/services anyway.

Have you tried "performance monitor"? I have pentium dual core e6600, 4gb ram and radeon 4770 512mb. But I've experienced a 1s or 3s system lock up while driving Nordschleife. It happend just 5 times I guess. I have all on maximum setting, vsync off and aa on minimum. I set performance monitor on, playback on minimum and defragmented disk. After that it hapened just once. But I don't know what is the problem because game works fine.

But be careful with new "green" hard disks. They shut down after 8s or so. And when game needs to read some data... You have to use some program like "hdd health" to read data from disk and don't allow it to shut down. Antivirus can be problem too because it can slow down reading files from disk to 25mb/s for reading (see some tests).

Actually - and purely by accident - Steam is installed on my C Drive along with my documents folders (I usually install all apps to D:, with a few other drives tacked on for storage). I do believe is is probably a config problem - my hardware isn't latest, but it was when the Race series came out (C2D-6600 / 4GB / 9800GTX+ 1GB). Will probably try GameBooster as Willie suggested, and I'm overdue for a general run-through and culling of running services and startup programs/services anyway.

Eric,

I have more or less the same system specs as you but for a 512mb 9500. Since I started to use Game booster, no lock ups and I can run FS 1600X1050. I do run Motec FX on a separate machine, and show TS through the LCD on my G15 keyboard so system resources for the background services are somewhat reduced too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 266 13.6%