Lag on server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben, Skins are loaded from your own HD. Never tried it but i wouldn't be surprised if the game/server would run perfect even deleting the skins on the server.
IS it a true dedicated server ? The one we hire from TGH is a shared one (which you actually don't notice as the rest runs on the background).
We experience little lag but then again we don't have such big grids.

Ben, Skins are loaded from your own HD. Never tried it but i wouldn't be surprised if the game/server would run perfect even deleting the skins on the server.
IS it a true dedicated server ? The one we hire from TGH is a shared one (which you actually don't notice as the rest runs on the background).
We experience little lag but then again we don't have such big grids.

That's not the case with mods, as the skins are in the gamedata folder.
They would normally be in my documents.

Perhaps we could try changing the format of the skins so they are in your my documents folder rather than your gamedata folder?

About the lag, I think the explanation is the overload we make to it because the 30 slots patch, RD experienced similar problems, as well as disconections, when they tried it in theirs, so they discarded it.

But without the patch, we can't run with 13 teams... so we would be again going into the B teams discussion.

Cya!.

That's not the case with mods, as the skins are in the gamedata folder.
They would normally be in my documents.

Perhaps we could try changing the format of the skins so they are in your my documents folder rather than your gamedata folder?

Doesn't matter where they are Ben. Just change and of the skins on your game and you will see the car with that new skin.
Pritty sure the Skins on the server not loaded. Like i said wouldn't be suprised if the game worked perfect without the skins on the server.
Only certain files are compared with files on the server. Files like sound and skins, who have nothing to do with the behavior the car arn't.

éXosé,
Doubt flatout will continue without our second Team. Hope it doesn't come that far.
Last season went fine with 30slots so why should it now be a problem ? Then i think you first should go back to standard cars not using the mod just like last season.

Doubt flatout will continue without our second Team. Hope it doesn't come that far.
Last season went fine with 30slots so why should it now be a problem ? Then i think you first should go back to standard cars not using the mod just like last season.

In that case would be you going that far, because I think it's always better to race with 2 cars than don't race, if you really like the competition, thing that I doubt as you are always about to left it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 300 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%