AC LaFerrari @ Salzburgring - Sun 19.10.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thx for the race, guys.
Obviously, it was a good one for me.
@Barney Fox, you were faster. Without your matrix's trouble, it was yours, I guess ;).
And thx to all of you who've compromised their lap to let me pass.:thumbsup:
See you next.

Just as most of the field, i got bumped at the first chicane, touched really slow the barrier whit some other people.

Luckily only got some body damage, and i could continue the race.
i was Surprised that i was still in 8th place ( started 9th), maintained a steady 1:13 pace and got 2th place at the end (@Barney Fox You d'c from 2th place at the end :confused:?)

Anyhow, Thanks all, And a great applause and thanks for @Georg Siebert for organizing and doing some practice starts ( altho it was still a abit messy in turn 1 ):unsure:

@Pietro Belloni @Kevin Hagendoorn @Stephen Sekhon @Dave Robinson @Sam Moss @James Bolton @Christian Lozanov @George Vasmoulakis @Julius Sriubsa @Barney Fox @Michal Valenta @Paul McCluskey @Pol Eyschen @Geoffroy Tassenoy @Russell Sobie @Dion Vais @Liviu Tiron @John Hirshall @Fernando Deutsch @Joao Borges

Hi everybody and thanks for being there, all who signed up attended.

It was disapointing to see no major improvement over the course of our practice starts.
You simply have to be more cautious going into T1:
  • Leave more room to the car in front and to the side of you.
  • Brake earlier than you think you can.
  • Brake softer than usual - avoid abrupt braking.
  • Stay true to your racing line on the straight approaching T1.
  • Usually there is barely anough room for two cars going side by side into a corner or through a chicane, let alone three.
  • If grip dynamics are enabled, you'll usually have < 100% track grip to work with.
  • Take it easy with overtaking maneuvers, the race is long enough for you to have plenty of opportunities to do so.
  • Obviously, the driver who is more consistant and who makes fewer mistakes has a more enjoyable racing experience and achieves in the end better results, than otherwise.
Another thing is, not waiting for a car you had contact with and disadvantaged, to regain position on you again - unfortunately, we had several of those tonight.
The entire staff is dedicated to sorting out these drivers rigorously.
We have a clear rule set in place and it is expected to be adhered to by every licensed driver.

Lastly, besides very few cases, lapping went well.

I'm aware were are having an influx of new drivers after the recent update and I remain hopeful we can rectify these issues together over the next few events.

See you next time,
George

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years