LaFerrari handling

Anyone else feel like the LaFerrari badly understeers and lacks grip? I was willing to chalk it up at first to me not being used to driving the car but then I decided to jump into a race with 5 Pagani Huayra's against 5 LaFerrari's and I was driving one of the Huayra's. One thing I noticed right away is that the LaFerrari is a bit quicker than the Huayra in the straights which is what I would expect but can't keep up with the Huayra through the turns. The LaFerrari had to slow down so much for the turns that they just couldn't keep up with me at all. That doesn't seem right since the LaFerrari should be a much better track car than the Huayra given that it weighs less and makes more power and has more technology in it than the Huayra. At the end of the race, all of the Huayra's finished ahead of the LaFerrari's.

I'm thinking this car is going to need some tweaking before its right.

Bottom line, the LaFerrari has a HUGE horsepower advantage so any track where you can make use of that power, its going to come out on top of the Hauyra, however in comparison to the Huayra, it lacks front end grip and thus has to slow down much more to take a turn that the Huayra can take at the same or higher speed. It could be that tires are different as Chris stated, but its certainly noticeable to me and makes the car a lot less fun to drive, but again that's my opinion. It just doesn't feel balanced to me with a heavy push for power and less so for handling.

I think you are being fooled by how early you have to brake (you do have to brake more than 200m before the corner at times) and not actually seeing that the midcorner speeds are still quite high compared to the Huayra.

If anything i think the Huayra is the one who is a bit of a pig with all the body roll it has.

Interesting how there seems to be two totally different impressions on this car, I still think this is maybe the most fun and enjoyable car in the game. Especially after last nights testing with Paul against the Huayra on a tight street circuit where the LaF's superiour power has much less impact and it still has no problem leaving the Huayra in the dust.

With less grippy tires it's quite a different thing to drive but there is certainly no problem getting it into great slides no matter what tire you have on really, but easier with road tires of course, but even so, the way it shoots out when exiting a turn and the overall handling and balance of it made it my new favourite car.
As of now the only thing I suspect might be even better is the P1...looking very much forward to whenwe get that one in game. :)

Still, no matter what tires you have on I find it very enjoyable and without ever driven a supercar irl it feels to me like what i would expect if i ever got the chance. Although I would not drive it like I can do in the game. ;)

My impression is that the F40 Competizione from Ferrari Racing Legends has better handling, better torque and better sound.
If I was going to buy a Ferrari (trusting only in my experience with PC games) I would buy the F40 C, that's for sure.

I would have to agree with OP. The La Ferrari has horrible handling at this point. I mean I was able to do a few clean laps at Silverstone National in it... but the car is a beast I think is the problem. Its so fast and gains speed so quickly. I think its like a lot of people are saying.. just brake earlier and often..........

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 234 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 163 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%