LaFerrari handling

Anyone else feel like the LaFerrari badly understeers and lacks grip? I was willing to chalk it up at first to me not being used to driving the car but then I decided to jump into a race with 5 Pagani Huayra's against 5 LaFerrari's and I was driving one of the Huayra's. One thing I noticed right away is that the LaFerrari is a bit quicker than the Huayra in the straights which is what I would expect but can't keep up with the Huayra through the turns. The LaFerrari had to slow down so much for the turns that they just couldn't keep up with me at all. That doesn't seem right since the LaFerrari should be a much better track car than the Huayra given that it weighs less and makes more power and has more technology in it than the Huayra. At the end of the race, all of the Huayra's finished ahead of the LaFerrari's.

I'm thinking this car is going to need some tweaking before its right.

I find it a bit safe and boring to be honest. I can't imagine a 900bhp Ferrari is like this in reality.
It feels anything but safe and boring when you fit road tyres, and turn off the traction control :)
You can get the tail out, and control the slide nicely, but the throttle application and steering inputs must be precise otherwise it'll bite you.

I love it so much, I don't want to fit the race intermediates. lol.

It feels anything but safe and boring when you fit road tyres, and turn off the traction control :)
You can get the tail out, and control the slide nicely, but the throttle application and steering inputs must be precise otherwise it'll bite you.

I love it so much, I don't want to fit the race intermediates. lol.
I did have a try on the road tyres and I just dont know what it is. It just does not get my adrenal gland working. I am sure most sim cars are not universally adored, I was just hoping to be blown away as this is supposed to be one of the jewels of the sim, but it just does not convey the excitement to me in its current form. This guy is hardly trying and it looks like more what I was expecting.

I'm afraid part of the understeer is related to the driving. You are steering too much at some points, and at other points you are still steering into the corner whilst you already hit the apex. Your driving into the corners too deep, making the LF understeer. Furthermore, you could try to use the weight shifting to rotate at entry a bit, not apply power before apex and coast briefly while turning in.

It won't turn the LF into a grippy front end driving car, but it will drive miles better than this video. If I find the time, I'll try to make a video with what I mean.

To point (1) Steering is required just to get the back end to rotate.
To point (2) The only corner where I went too deep was the last one at the chicane.
To point (3) Weight shift doesn't work so well unless you can 'plant' the front to rotate the rear.

To point (1) Steering is required just to get the back end to rotate.
To point (2) The only corner where I went too deep was the last one at the chicane.
To point (3) Weight shift doesn't work so well unless you can 'plant' the front to rotate the rear.

Terry, if you're not open to feedback I'm afraid this thread is useless :). Part of the issue is the LF, part of the issue is your driving. Might not be nice to hear, but that's my subjective point of view. I could be wrong, but I'm happy to show you that with the proper technique, the LF understeers less. Unfortunately I'm out of town until Friday afternoon, creating a small video will take some time.

Have you tried sub 7 min laps at the Nords? I can tell you it is exciting enough. For example Huayra can't handle high speed jumps (over 200 km/h) at all.
I do that before breakfast ;)

I dont know what it is, the thrill in AC in general is not there for me, for example probabaly my favorite race car of all time the 98T is a bit a of a pussy cat, which is surprising and also disappointing.

If slick tyres were available people would stop complaining.

Maybe but that still doesn't excuse the fact that this car is arguably the highest performance street car/hypercar available and yet it doesn't feel all that quick or confidence inspiring through the turns in Assetto Corsa while lesser hypercars like the Pagani Huayra feel like they much more grip. It could be that the Huayra is inaccurately modeled in Assetto Corsa and has too much grip and the LaFerrari is more accurate but I don't know since I've never driven them in real life and no one here has either. Just stating that it feels like the LaFerrari is a bit weak on the handling side given its credentials.

Huayra has more grip...Laferrari has 233hp more,so that's the reason why is quicker in every track.
Laferrari is more fun to drive but if you race with Huayra 1st and then with Laferrari you will understand that Huayra has more grip in every corner

I agree with everything you said except the LaFerrari is more fun to drive, but that's my opinion obviously.

Yeah, stop bitching guys and go practice, try to understand the car parts before driving it, if LaFerrari had more handling this will be called Gran Turismo or Forza, for sure it's what some are used to...

I guess no one got the memo that everyone else trying to sim race comes from GT and Forza backgrounds and simply have pathetic driving skills. Forgive any of us for not agreeing with you that the LaFerrari in Assetto Corsa is so awesome in its current form. We're not worthy.

Last edited:
Question: Will you drive the LaFerrari in real life like you do in a game/simulator? Just think about this... it's all very easy or very safe but IRL if you felt car rear slipping your heart will come immediately to your mouth...

It's just a road car, despite it's a top car, not a racing car, so there are things you have to respect/understand...

Also, Pagani Huayra it's the worst car for me in AC, very grippy and suddently you lose it and cannot catch it anymore, even at low speeds...

Yeah, stop bitching guys and go practice, try to understand the car parts before driving it, if LaFerrari had more handling this will be called Gran Turismo or Forza, for sure it's what some are used to...
It has nothing to do with Gran Turismo or Forza. "harder=realistic" concept fail every single time. If in- game model (at least closely) represent how real LaFerrari handle... i don't even know why they (ferrari engineers) even bother at all...

Terry, if you're not open to feedback I'm afraid this thread is useless :). Part of the issue is the LF, part of the issue is your driving. Might not be nice to hear, but that's my subjective point of view. I could be wrong, but I'm happy to show you that with the proper technique, the LF understeers less. Unfortunately I'm out of town until Friday afternoon, creating a small video will take some time.

I am very much open to feedback:)
I await your video....oh! and please use the same track.
Drive it with default setup and with ABS, TC and everything else turned off in the AC .ini files like I did.
I'm curious to see what the maximum speed it'll take through corners before it starts 'pushing'.:D

So, we have supercar with more than 900 hp that do not have power enough to drift however can slide a bit when revs are hitting the redline.
Dont know but I am starting to see Shift + Overhaul quite realistic.
Although it has 900 HP, not all of them are applied at the same time. The car was designed with active aerodynamics, the KERS and a sophisticated Traction Control system in mind to achieve the best performance - best traction, best laptimes, drivability for the customers.

It is more than capable to do 'drifting' in the game as well as irl - check Chris Harris driving the LaFerrari.

Question: Will you drive the LaFerrari in real life like you do in a game/simulator? Just think about this... it's all very easy or very safe but IRL if you felt car rear slipping your heart will come immediately to your mouth...

It's just a road car, despite it's a top car, not a racing car, so there are things you have to respect/understand...

Also, Pagani Huayra it's the worst car for me in AC, very grippy and suddently you lose it and cannot catch it anymore, even at low speeds...

Found exactly that when myself and Jan put these 2 head to head around Lippo Street Circuit.
I did a few warm up laps in the Pagani and it felt grippy and pretty quick, had been driving the La just before.
However, the La simply ate it alive.
I just dont think you realise how much faster the La is even through turns until they are side by side with two reasonably decent drivers.

As for the La not feeling as pointy as people would expect, again, you just dont realise how fast its actually going and expect too much. Its not F1 agility but it has brutal acceleration which you dont really feel in game sometimes.

So, we have supercar with more than 900 hp that do not have power enough to drift however can slide a bit when revs are hitting the redline.
Dont know but I am starting to see Shift + Overhaul quite realistic.

Not sure if you have tried the street tyres on the La, but you certainly can drift it, and it is also quite a handful getting the power down.
We had a lot of fun in the La on street tyres on a street circuit tonight - and like Rui says, we sure as hell wouldnt have been driving like that IRL :)

while lesser hypercars like the Pagani Huayra feel like they much more grip.
The Huayra has more aerodynamic ability and adaptability due to its active aero fins. Also, the Huayra on its Top Gear record tyres are essentially slicks with very small grooves that've been laser cut into them to make it "road legal".

Those two reasons are why the Huayra feels like it has more grip.
The LaFerrari on the other hand don't have any slick tyre option. The performance intermediates are more grippy than the road performance tyres, but it's nothing like the jump from Semi-Slicks to Top gear record tyres.

If you put the LaFerrari on road tyres, and the Huayra on semi-slicks, it'll become apparent very quickly that the LaFerrari corners much faster than you might think.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%