La Bollène-Vésubie - BIG UPDATE!

Tracks La Bollène-Vésubie - BIG UPDATE! 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
@wmialil

thanks for this amazing map! I have enormous performance issues though. esp. at the start (practice - start from pit), FPS is tanked(:inlove:0fps where it should be constant 80 - i have Asynchronous spacewarp turned off) It does become better after turn 2 or 3 but until then it's undrivable...
The red line in the graph on Render stats (frametime is it i believe) shows very high.
In render details i can see orange/red in the "Opaque" section( if that is a good tip at all).
I can run any other track with the same car (even 10 of them on the grid) , and have steady 80fps... so definitly something enduced by the track, and not the fault if the car mod.
Also my specs are ok (x570, 32gb ddr4 3600, Ryzen-9 5950x, RTX 3070, Quest2 via Oculus Link cable), and I have this only on rare occasions on other tracks, eg in Bella Vista on some locations (where it would drop to about 60fps)...
On your this map it's however very outspoken and right at the start, so very easy to replicate/show.
Any help in finding out the rootcause would be greatly appreciated!
(we could potentially meet up via Discord to troubleshoot if you're up for that)

Cheers,
Jac0

@wmialil

thanks for this amazing map! I have enormous performance issues though. esp. at the start (practice - start from pit), FPS is tanked:)inlove:0fps where it should be constant 80 - i have Asynchronous spacewarp turned off) It does become better after turn 2 or 3 but until then it's undrivable...
The red line in the graph on Render stats (frametime is it i believe) shows very high.
In render details i can see orange/red in the "Opaque" section( if that is a good tip at all).
I can run any other track with the same car (even 10 of them on the grid) , and have steady 80fps... so definitly something enduced by the track, and not the fault if the car mod.
Also my specs are ok (x570, 32gb ddr4 3600, Ryzen-9 5950x, RTX 3070, Quest2 via Oculus Link cable), and I have this only on rare occasions on other tracks, eg in Bella Vista on some locations (where it would drop to about 60fps)...
On your this map it's however very outspoken and right at the start, so very easy to replicate/show.
(we could potentially meet up via Discord to troubleshoot if you're up for that)

Cheers,
Jac0

By the looks of it, something has gone seriously wrong with this track since recent CSP updates. I believe the root cause for the FPS is probably something to do with the tree clusters, however there are also quite random bugs with the weather and clouds appearing underneath the map, so I think the whole model needs to be reworked.

In all honesty, due to other projects I am working on at the moment, I am not sure exactly when I'll be able to fix this but rest assured it is on my to-do list, along with a texture overhaul.

For the time being, please check out my other more recent tracks (via my profile or my website), as I believe (and hope) they are all functional!

wmialil updated La Bollène-Vésubie - Rallye Monte Carlo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0 - massive update!

MANY THINGS UPDATED:
  • bugs fixed
  • some general optimizations
  • reworked physical mesh
  • spectators, vehicles, more houses, more trees
  • full Custom Shaders Patch integration
  • acoustic effects
  • new replay cams
  • texture overhaul
  • and the full version now has 24 pits for online play
If you already bought the full version, you will find the updated file in the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@wmialil

thanks for this amazing map! I have enormous performance issues though. esp. at the start (practice - start from pit), FPS is tanked:)inlove:0fps where it should be constant 80 - i have Asynchronous spacewarp turned off) It does become better after turn 2 or 3 but until then it's undrivable...

Cheers,
Jac0

now updated, please let me know if there are still any performance based issues

What an update - it's like a 4k upgrade over version 0.96! Roadside vegetation was a bit of a weak spot, now everything looks lush and crisp. Also background textures look much sharper. Here's a couple of screenshots of old & new versions in similar spots:

Screenshot_wrc_citroen_c3_bollene_vesubie_0.96_27-2-122-17-2-22.jpg Screenshot_iku_peugeot_206_wrc_ss_bollene_1.0_25-3-122-22-52-21.jpg

Screenshot_wrc_citroen_c3_bollene_vesubie_0.96_27-2-122-16-52-57.jpg Screenshot_iku_peugeot_206_wrc_ss_bollene_1.0_25-3-122-22-58-10.jpg

A few more shots. Thanks for the great work!

Screenshot_iku_peugeot_206_wrc_ss_bollene_1.0_25-3-122-22-54-50.jpg

Screenshot_iku_peugeot_206_wrc_ss_bollene_1.0_25-3-122-23-0-51.jpg

Screenshot_iku_peugeot_206_wrc_ss_bollene_1.0_25-3-122-23-3-43.jpg

Screenshot_iku_peugeot_206_wrc_ss_bollene_1.0_25-3-122-23-6-14.jpg

Last edited:

Nice pics! (why didn't I think to do some comparison shots haha...). Glad it's looking good, always difficult to make sure it looks fine on everyone's different PPfilter settings etc.
Old an new shots were taken using filter "Photorealistic_PHOTO" - probably not same time of day though. Would it be an idea to indicate what PPfilters a stage has been tested with?

BTW it would be great to see some of this stardust descending on the Coti-Chiavari stage ;)

Old an new shots were taken using filter "Photorealistic_PHOTO" - probably not same time of day though. Would it be an idea to indicate what PPfilters a stage has been tested with?

BTW it would be great to see some of this stardust descending on the Coti-Chiavari stage ;)

Ah yeah I use that filter as well, it's great. Mainly just tested with the default filters and the ones that come with Sol (I'm assuming these are most commonly used), as well as a couple of others I like. If I start testing with all of them I get the feeilng it'd turn into a never-ending battle of microtweaks and adjustments. Not sure I've got time for that.....

I have another track in the works that is in the same sort of Mediterranean setting as Coti-Chiavari, so once I've made all the textures for that, it'll be possible to overhaul it. Not sure when that'll happen tho...

Ah yeah I use that filter as well, it's great. Mainly just tested with the default filters and the ones that come with Sol (I'm assuming these are most commonly used), as well as a couple of others I like. If I start testing with all of them I get the feeilng it'd turn into a never-ending battle of microtweaks and adjustments. Not sure I've got time for that.....

I have another track in the works that is in the same sort of Mediterranean setting as Coti-Chiavari, so once I've made all the textures for that, it'll be possible to overhaul it. Not sure when that'll happen tho...
A new track in the works that's great news :D
On the filters, I think it doesn't need to be optimized for lots of filters indeed, but it's interesting to know which one(s) were used for development
Rain like in the announcement video: this requires CSP 1.78? I haven't tried wet mods yet

A new track in the works that's great news :D
On the filters, I think it doesn't need to be optimized for lots of filters indeed, but it's interesting to know which one(s) were used for development
Rain like in the announcement video: this requires CSP 1.78? I haven't tried wet mods yet

Ah yeah, rain is on the patreon versions of CSP, you have to donate to Ilya x4fab for access. Supposedly it's going to be in a public update soon, although he's been saying that for ages...

Dear wmialil!

Here are my observations where this track can evolve more:

- more/better ambient occlusion. There are no shadows where it must be for better realism. (red arrows)
- there are a few (really just a few!) stretched textures what destroys the realism. Othervise the track is well made! (green arrow).
- I drove on this track only a few times, I will show you more examples if I found.

I really like the campfires!

Attachments

• Screenshot_peugeot_205_rallye_f2000_nl_ss_bollene_1.1_free_30-4-122-9-54-37.jpg
    Screenshot_peugeot_205_rallye_f2000_nl_ss_bollene_1.1_free_30-4-122-9-54-37.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_peugeot_205_rallye_f2000_nl_ss_bollene_1.1_free_30-4-122-9-55-15.jpg
    Screenshot_peugeot_205_rallye_f2000_nl_ss_bollene_1.1_free_30-4-122-9-55-15.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_peugeot_205_rallye_f2000_nl_ss_bollene_1.1_free_30-4-122-9-55-46.jpg
    Screenshot_peugeot_205_rallye_f2000_nl_ss_bollene_1.1_free_30-4-122-9-55-46.jpg
    622.7 KB · Views: 61
Dear wmialil!

Here are my observations where this track can evolve more:

- more/better ambient occlusion. There are no shadows where it must be for better realism. (red arrows)
- there are a few (really just a few!) stretched textures what destroys the realism. Othervise the track is well made! (green arrow).
- I drove on this track only a few times, I will show you more examples if I found.

I really like the campfires!

Appreciate the feedback, thank you! Not sure when the next update will be, but I will put these points on the list

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back