La Bollène-Vésubie - BIG UPDATE!

Tracks La Bollène-Vésubie - BIG UPDATE! 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
wmialil submitted a new resource:

La Bollène-Vésubie - Rallye Monte Carlo - 10km section of a famous Monte Carlo stage

For my third track, made from scratch in Blender, I present a 10km stretch of the route from Bollène-Vésubie up to the Col de Turini.

DzKO2yU.jpg

It featured as SS13 of this year's Monte.

DXYPLHB.jpg

I think my work has improved (especially the texturing) but there is more to add, hence the v0.8 tag.

[COLOR=rgb(184, 49...[/I]

Read more about this resource...

Looks awesome so far! Great job! Very excited. I'm trying to cut down my used storage rn so probably shouldn't download this atm but I will, trust me! Does it have replay cameras set yet, or is that part of the etc in the future updates

Looks awesome so far! Great job! Very excited. I'm trying to cut down my used storage rn so probably shouldn't download this atm but I will, trust me! Does it have replay cameras set yet, or is that part of the etc in the future updates

Hiya, yep it has replay cameras, although tbh they could be a little more interesting.

File size unpacked is 267mb in case you were wondering.

The tiling effect on the far away material is pretty obvious, maybe better to not use a detail on it. I also noticed the chalk graffiti hovering like 10cm over the tarmac, I imagine this may be more noticeable to VR users.
You did really good work on the stone faces and cliff sides.. I'd actually like to know how you did those :3 how you set up the material and fresnel, where you got the textures

The tiling effect on the far away material is pretty obvious, maybe better to not use a detail on it. I also noticed the chalk graffiti hovering like 10cm over the tarmac, I imagine this may be more noticeable to VR users.
You did really good work on the stone faces and cliff sides.. I'd actually like to know how you did those :3 how you set up the material and fresnel, where you got the textures

Hi thanks for the detailed critique. I agree about the tiling, reckon this is an easy fix if I split the very close and then mid-close terrain into two fresnels, giving the second one a larger detail resolution?

Chalk graffiti I hadn't noticed (don't use VR) but I will make a note of this and re-shrinkwrap it.

For the cliffs, the textures were based off various seamless textures I downloaded online from places like textures.com which I then photoshopped. However, the main thing was that I applied a displacement map to each square before moulding them to the desired shape. Shader is just PerPixelNM.

Found a bug near the end of the track where you go into Narnia!

Attachments

• bandicam 2020-04-04 14-18-09-897.jpg
    bandicam 2020-04-04 14-18-09-897.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 176
  • bandicam 2020-04-04 14-18-20-246.jpg
    bandicam 2020-04-04 14-18-20-246.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 168
  • bandicam 2020-04-04 14-18-29-356.jpg
    bandicam 2020-04-04 14-18-29-356.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 149
  • bandicam 2020-04-04 14-19-01-971.jpg
    bandicam 2020-04-04 14-19-01-971.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 167
  • bandicam 2020-04-04 14-19-10-885.jpg
    bandicam 2020-04-04 14-19-10-885.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 152
Ok. I've tested the stage a few times.
I notice a few frame drops at some points. It's nothing really serious and far from being unplayable. But some users may have problems, depending on the hardware.
Those drops are always at the same points and are not consistant on time, I mean are like micro shuttering, like something is loading and it takes 1 ms more than usual.
I can play more times, looking for the most critical points where this happens, and taking pictures to you of the places.
I know this issue may not happening for everyone. But could help to some users to enjoy the stage if have the problem.

Ok. I've tested the stage a few times.
I notice a few frame drops at some points. It's nothing really serious and far from being unplayable. But some users may have problems, depending on the hardware.
Those drops are always at the same points and are not consistant on time, I mean are like micro shuttering, like something is loading and it takes 1 ms more than usual.
I can play more times, looking for the most critical points where this happens, and taking pictures to you of the places.
I know this issue may not happening for everyone. But could help to some users to enjoy the stage if have the problem.

Hi mate, that would be very helpful if you can be bothered. One thing I'd say is that the 3d grass/shrubbery is set up so that users who play AC on lower graphics settings won't see it rendered at all. This is what is most likely causing the drops as it is so vertex heavy and it loads in batches.

Hi mate, that would be very helpful if you can be bothered. One thing I'd say is that the 3d grass/shrubbery is set up so that users who play AC on lower graphics settings won't see it rendered at all. This is what is most likely causing the drops as it is so vertex heavy and it loads in batches.

I'm going to try different options to be sure that something can be change on the track to improve the performance.
Because there are lots of things that can affect this, from cars (mods, not kunos) to my own graphic options.
If I discover something I post to you here.

Saludos hermano (I'm spanish) and again, nice stage, really well done. I will try nother day your other tracks, I've been away from Assetto Corsa for a while.

I'm going to try different options to be sure that something can be change on the track to improve the performance.
Because there are lots of things that can affect this, from cars (mods, not kunos) to my own graphic options.
If I discover something I post to you here.

Saludos hermano (I'm spanish) and again, nice stage, really well done. I will try nother day your other tracks, I've been away from Assetto Corsa for a while.

Ok muchas gracias. And yes, there is definitely room for better optimisation !

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%