the NFS(1) mod in progress ;)

The seven i reached probably 190 i wasn't looking actually so it's a good question. Some uphill it struggled to get to 170, i was careful after i lost it few times due to high speed!
And yes nice slides, some a little scary with the cliff right next door!

I read about your idea to make the off track to the white lines, IMHO, and for what it's worth, i would make it a little larger giving bit more freedom in such a long track. It could be frustrating to go a little out in one corner and having to redo a whole lap. Just my 2cents :p
That sounds cool mate :) 190mph? That Caterham has a higher top speed than I thought... That must be a right animal. And the scary slides are what this and my other track is all about... Machine vs Road and... if you get it wrong... Machine vs Terrain lol Get some understeer and then you're just a passenger flying through the air...

It's a MASSIVE shame that Assetto Corsa couldn't just put you back on track near where you fly off... It is a big pain having to go back to the start... I know barriers will help this, but it would be nice to fly off now and then, being reset back to near where you came off.

Yeah mate, I know what you're saying... I mostly like (for playability) having the shoulders valid... But even if they weren't valid... you would still be able to get most of the car on them... as long as 1 wheel is between the white lines.
It kind of bugs me that the shoulders are almost non existent around the real road... But I will probably leave them as you say for playabilities sake.

It's a shame there isn't a way to make it so that you're allowed a set number of visits to the shoulder areas... say 5 for the entire lap... any more than that and the lap gets invalidated.

Thanks for your 2 cents worth mate... Feedback and opinions will help shape this road (these roads) into something more playable in the long run :)
Obviously not all opinions will make it in... It will depend on the specifics... But I will consider most things :)

This will become my favorite track! the flow is so good, and the scenery looks right on even at such early stage. Definitely the perfect testing ground for all my NFS cars :)
View attachment 187877

Thanks, That's really cool to know mate.... and really really cool to see the screenshot of the Diablo in the canyons... Very Very nice :)
I will have to try not to get too excited thinking about a quality Diablo going round here! :D

Also love the license plate :)

190km/h / 120mph :redface::whistling: it's a sunday car :D (the big one; the 620r top speed is 155 mph) i went above 200 kmh in mine couple of times on the highway, surprisingly stable (on a straight line!) but noisy and windy :p
I thought 190mph was a bit fast for a Caterham... Not that it needs a high top speed for most circuits... It's the lightness that counts :)
Noisy and windy.... That means far more fun and sense of speed... no doubt!
Unless you end up eating flys that missed the windscreen lol

643_time_01.jpg

Getting a lap time under 10 mins in an F1 car is a total possibility :)

Maybe even under 9 mins might be possible...?

Have to say, I'm super late to the party here. I've been following the progress (though getting confused with which thread is which :p), but only found time to drive it yesterday (always feel guilty driving AC nowadays instead of making mod progress...)

Anyway, as expected its a blast! I have to say though, I wasn't 100% convinced for the first say half mile, but for whatever reason the further I drove the more immersed I got, and I absolutely love it!

Put the weather to sunny, get the keys to the Mustang and turn up the music - just a fantastic experience! :cool::thumbsup: Really can't wait for it to become more detailed, but even as it is its hugely immersive and enjoyable.

Sadly I didn't make it all the way on the first go (fell off somewhere around mile 20), and being short of time I felt I needed a faster car to experience it all properly :laugh: Went with the Formula Hybrid, and wow! I know its not the correct choice of car for this setting but its so crazy, I just love it. In my two laps with small off's, I wasn't able to beat your time, was around 10:20-ish, but will keep trying :D

Only problem I have with this amazing setting is I really really want to make a big American barge for cruising on it, and I have too many projects already!

Top job, keep it up!

I can relate to that getting more and more careful the further down you go out of fear of having to start over! I put down more than 300km on this track and haven't gotten a clean lap in yet :D.

I'm using my Nurburgring setup for the E30 M3 DTM with some very subtle modifications. It's absolutely a blast. Thing is I'm going full attack mode Senna style and slowly progress toward the end of the track with that approach. I just can't cruise or not go for every last inch of road so we'll see where I land. I'm guessing low 16 mins. Pushing this car on this track feels and looks suicidal - just the way I like it.

This track kinda forced me to continue the tweaking on the setup for this car. I got a 7:52 flat on the Nordschleife with the original setup. Now I'm 95% there I'd say, stable but not stiff, the Kunos understeering is almost completely gone and on corner entry and exit it feels like an E30 should.

Apart from that with the KitKat Onboard sounds and the sun at a low setting (finally found the photo app:) it's epic...

With objects this is gonna be i-n-s-a-i-n-e.

Do you think you can put in sector times? After all these hours of going full attack on this track I have some ideas of where to put them if you care to know.

Have to say, I'm super late to the party here. I've been following the progress (though getting confused with which thread is which :p), but only found time to drive it yesterday (always feel guilty driving AC nowadays instead of making mod progress...)

Anyway, as expected its a blast! I have to say though, I wasn't 100% convinced for the first say half mile, but for whatever reason the further I drove the more immersed I got, and I absolutely love it!

Put the weather to sunny, get the keys to the Mustang and turn up the music - just a fantastic experience! :cool::thumbsup: Really can't wait for it to become more detailed, but even as it is its hugely immersive and enjoyable.

Sadly I didn't make it all the way on the first go (fell off somewhere around mile 20), and being short of time I felt I needed a faster car to experience it all properly :laugh: Went with the Formula Hybrid, and wow! I know its not the correct choice of car for this setting but its so crazy, I just love it. In my two laps with small off's, I wasn't able to beat your time, was around 10:20-ish, but will keep trying :D

Only problem I have with this amazing setting is I really really want to make a big American barge for cruising on it, and I have too many projects already!

Top job, keep it up!
Cheers mate :) I'm glad there's a party going on lol
And it's great to know that I'm not the only one confused about which thread is which lmao!! I'm trying to answer everyone's comments... But it's getting well confusing where and when!
(And I know what you mean about the feeling guilty... I feel guilty for leaving Pacific Coast to work on this "supposed texture testing thing" lol) But don't feel guilty... You need some down time to remember why the fook you're making your most excellent cars... Like with my tracks... They'll be done when they're done :)

Thanks a lot for the info, really nice to hear how people are using this, in which cars and what times people are getting :) 10:20 is really going for it... around 130mph average :)
Sunshine, A Mustang and the music on is totally the right way to play this track in my opinion :)
But using an Formula car is also a different kind of fun ;)

It might be a while for this to get more detailed... As I think I've now decided that Pacific Coast needs all it's road ripped up and to be put back in a more with more flow, like this track.... with more constant radius corners and better banking. This will mean redoing the HR FFB mesh, probably most barriers, re-positioning signs, AI lines, trackcams and probably loads of other things I haven't thought about just yet.
But it has to be the best it can be... however long it takes!

I'm really glad it makes you tempted to do an American barge... Thing is I suppose if you have loads of projects... you will learn different things that might help the other projects out... and also it's good to keep things fresh. But there has to be a limit... I think my limit atm is two massive tracks! lol

Thanks Gary, Good luck with breaking the 10 minute barrier ;)

Glad you found the Party! (Which ever thread the party's at lol)

Yeah I know people criticise for jumping between projects, and I understand that (seems logical), but for me it helps stay motivated; I get a huge buzz from starting something new, and if I get burned out its always nice to have another project to continue on. Probably not best for getting stuff out quickly, but it stops me from just abandoning modding completely :D

Got to ask, what car did you use for your 10:07 time? I'm really keen to beat 10 minutes :roflmao: I feel like it should be doable once I begin to learn the layout.

With using the 2017 Hybrid I was finding with the track being so long I had to turn off the ERS and use it manually, which was a little distracting (DRS too..). Went with Medium tyre too to make sure they'd still be alive after 40km!

Last edited:
I can relate to that getting more and more careful the further down you go out of fear of having to start over! I put down more than 300km on this track and haven't gotten a clean lap in yet :D.

I'm using my Nurburgring setup for the E30 M3 DTM with some very subtle modifications. It's absolutely a blast. Thing is I'm going full attack mode Senna style and slowly progress toward the end of the track with that approach. I just can't cruise or not go for every last inch of road so we'll see where I land. I'm guessing low 16 mins. Pushing this car on this track feels and looks suicidal - just the way I like it.

This track kinda forced me to continue the tweaking on the setup for this car. I got a 7:52 flat on the Nordschleife with the original setup. Now I'm 95% there I'd say, stable but not stiff, the Kunos understeering is almost completely gone and on corner entry and exit it feels like an E30 should.

Apart from that with the KitKat Onboard sounds and the sun at a low setting (finally found the photo app:) it's epic...

Do you think you can put in sector times? After all these hours of going full attack on this track I have some ideas of where to put them if you care to know.
Well looking at the flow of this track compared to Pacific Coast... I'm going to have to go back quite a bit with updating that track will need... But yeah as things get nearer to complete the possibility of a F up increases.. especially in my case with limited 3DS skills (they're getting better all the time though)

300km's that's quite a few... hang on that's only 7 laps lol ;)
Maybe just edge back from full on to 90% speed... It is tempting to go for it though especially down Upper Big T... Have you tried following some AI round... That can help find braking points... Trackside objects are much needed I know... Then without even thinking you will be able to pick out markers... Road signs as braking markers will help. Shame my time is so limited... It's also a shame AC couldn't put you back on track any place you fall off, so any frustration anyone experiences is not totally my fault lol :D

Sector times are already in mate, the track is divided into 3, in my F1 car attempt I was getting just over 3mins something per sector... But they only appear to work in Hotlap mode?... Along with a ghost car. Maybe I have to change something somewhere so they work across all modes?

Great screenshot mate, glad you're liking the photo app :) It's nice to be able to move the sun if you feel like it :) And really like it that you're delving into a car setup for my track... That shows a real commitment to being fast around here :) 16 minutes isn't too bad mate... Think I'm getting around 14 mins in something like a 911 Turbo S.

Really glad you're getting some fun around here... A couple more laps learning and you're gonna get quick... no doubt. :) Nice one mate!

Yeah I know people criticise for jumping between projects, and I understand that (seems logical), but for me it helps stay motivated; I get a huge buzz from starting something new, and if I get burned out its always nice to have another project to continue on. Probably not best for getting stuff out quickly, but it stops me from just abandoning modding completely :D

Got to ask, what car did you use for your 10:07 time? I'm really keen to beat 10 minutes :roflmao: I feel like it should be doable once I begin to learn the layout.

With using the 2017 Hybrid I was finding with the track being so long I had to turn off the ERS and use it manually, which was a little distracting (DRS too..). Went with Medium tyre too to make sure they'd still be alive after 40km!
The thing is mate, these people who criticise... probably haven't made F all... If I didn't try this as a texture mask testing thing... lol... no one would be driving round here now... So everything works out how it should... even if it seems crazy at the time! Churning something out quickly isn't the answer either though... If someone puts work, love and devotion into a project... the end result will be much much much better.

I did it in the Ferrari 643 mod... The one on here... That thing sticks to the road like glue... I lowered the downforce a bit so I could get up to 210mph along Upper Big T. Some of the curves down there flat out are crazy lol I did another lap where I was up 50+ seconds (until I went flying)... that's why I think a 9 minuter is possible... Which would be an average speed of approx 170mph if my maths (math if you're from America ;) ) is correct lol

Hi would you please share that setup for this track, I believe it's a nice combo.

Thanks

Just managed a sub-10 minute lap, but its not a clean one since I managed to fly in the air and do a somersault probably in the last 1km, so invalidated the lap and likely lost a fair bit of time :roflmao: Took quite a few attempts of getting halfway or so before flying of into the valleys! Awesome fun though :D

XHfDQI6.jpg

Tyres were a bit dead on the last few miles, might use Hards next time.

Just managed a sub-10 minute lap, but its not a clean one since I managed to fly in the air and do a somersault probably in the last 1km, so invalidated the lap and likely lost a fair bit of time :roflmao: Took quite a few attempts of getting halfway or so before flying of into the valleys! Awesome fun though :D

XHfDQI6.jpg

Tyres were a bit dead on the last few miles, might use Hards next time.
Fantastic lap time mate :) After a time that low... Any car you use will be getting pushed more round here... (depending on the grip levels of course)
After about 10 - 15 laps around here.... Which is a lot of miles! You will just feel the corner flow, knowing where you are and what's coming up... That's when these roads really shine :)

Glad you're having loads of fun round here in a Formula car...
You'll have even more fun after learning the circuit at top speed,
then getting in something like a GT40, 488, 911R, Countach............. The list goes on :)
Hope you're giving your upcoming mods a good testing round here... That'd be sweet :)

Actually, kinda found the opposite because after going over the cliff several times I started to tread very carefully around most of the corners. :laugh: Once the rails and signs are up I'll have a bit more confidence to push it, but right now the further I get into the lap the more careful I become because I don't want to start all over again. :D Love it though, looking forward to some possible cruising even if it may be a bit treacherous! Also really looking forward to Pacific Coast getting updated because IMO you've really stepped up your game with this one. :thumbsup:
Quoted this from the Download Page Support Section to keep things in one thread.... :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: I have been missing some posts in my confusion!

Yeah I know what you mean Brandon, it does need barriers and chevrons in particular (No one pays attention to the speed limit, caution and slow signs lol)
They will be coming after Pacific Coasts overhaul.

Someone should (if possible) make a mod that returns you back to the track... just before you left it.. as even with the barriers it will be easy to roll it on a cliffside. That would be a great mod for all the big tracks! Nords, Lake Louise, Transfagarasan.....

Anyway mate, I've seen your driving in your Quattro around Highlands...
You really don't need any barriers ;) For now just use your jedi car control :D
I'd recommend trying an F1 car for maximum grip... If you can make it round in one of those... Anything else is easy! :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%