Very nice.

Btw if you use Sas planet.

You could lift that google maps entire mountain texture in really really high resolution for texturing.

Than add shrubs and trees etc.

Thanks so much for sharing that, I think I heard something about SAS Planet a while back... But I didn't look any further into it. That should be very very useful :)
Nice one mate!

Really really cool man. The hard work with the road has paid off, the camber and elevation changes on this look and feel so much more natural compared to Pacific Coast. What a road/s. :D
Thanks mate :)
I felt like I was crazy when I ripped the road sections out lol... But it was totally worth it. and totally agree the roads twist far better (around the spline) and elevations are MUCH more flowing. It might not be too easy to do the same with Pacific unfortunately... as that would mean re-doing A TON of work... including amongst other things... re-doing HR FFB mesh... barriers... re-positioning bushes... AI line... The list could go on, and on...

Very nicely executed man! The road flows extremely well and drives just like it looks in the videos. Especially when it opens up into the high speed sections its's an absolute blast. Usually with early builds without barriers I have a hard time not flying off left and right but with this one you just kinda sense where it's going and it doesn't disappoint when you put the foot down.

Thanks a lot for this and looking forward to your progress. By the way I never drove an early build like this with such immersion even without any objects whatever. I don't know how you did that but it's working big time. Like someone said in the reviews, this is like Highlands and Black County *100 minus the scenry :D. As far as driving feel and flow goes you have them beat already.

Very nicely executed man! The road flows extremely well and drives just like it looks in the videos. Especially when it opens up into the high speed sections its's an absolute blast. Usually with early builds without barriers I have a hard time not flying off left and right but with this one you just kinda sense where it's going and it doesn't disappoint when you put the foot down.

Thanks a lot for this and looking forward to your progress. By the way I never drove an early build like this with such immersion even without any objects whatever. I don't know how you did that but it's working big time. Like someone said in the reviews, this is like Highlands and Black County *100 minus the scenry :D. As far as driving feel and flow goes you have them beat already.

Thanks mate you're more than welcome, it's cool that you're driving on it now :)
I think I've got the flow smooth and natural, and the slight bankings show the corner radius' well.. Should be a lot clearer when I put the chevrons in... and the barriers will make the corners much clearer.
I think the terrain shader with normal map helps massively with the sense of speed and imersion... With the bushes in it should be an even greater sense of speed :)
Nice screenshot mate, and awesome modelling skills on the F14... Very impressive... If the simulator you're making it for has this mountain range... You should fly along here lol
You should trade in your beemer for a LaFerrari or 787B :D
Try and get to 200mph down Upper Big T.... during testing I've driven round here in around 12mins in the great Ferrari 643
also the awesome new Mustang Boss 302 is Epic around here
Absolutely amazing mods!

Ah what a blast to drive! It was really nice. I never took the caterham for such a long drive since i've started it... so thank you :)
I did a solid 21 liters/100km :D which seem pretty accurate considering how high rev you tend to be compared to reality.
19min30 the lap, not clean

Prior to clean driving and respecting the limitation... this had to happen
upload_2017-4-23_20-43-40.png

Thanks mate you're more than welcome, it's cool that you're driving on it now :)
Nice screenshot mate, and awesome modelling skills on the F14... Very impressive... If the simulator you're making it for has this mountain range... You should fly along here lol
Absolutely amazing mods!

They all are no doubt! Reason for the humble S38 is just that I have to get to know the road first :). Been progressing to a 911R which zips around pretty nicely especially in those loooong driftable turns.

Can't wait for the objects like bushes, rails and stuff, the sensation of speed is gonna be epic.

Thanks for the kudos. I'm really just doing hard surface modelling trying to get it as close to reality as possible without surpassing 100k tris all-in. Currently familiarizing myself with 3Ds for all the rigging and stuff.

I'll post a vid here as soon as I have one fast, clean lap in :).

Ah what a blast to drive! It was really nice. I never took the caterham for such a long drive since i've started it... so thank you :)
I did a solid 21 liters/100km :D which seem pretty accurate considering how high rev you tend to be compared to reality.
19min30 the lap, not clean
Prior to clean driving and respecting the limitation... this had to happen
View attachment 187582
Cool, that's great to know mate :) 100km run sounds so fun in your caterham...
That's a great screenshot... If you're gonna crash you might as well do it in style ;) lol
Thanks for the lap time info ;)
at 19min 30 for a lap, I bet there was plenty of fun drifting going on... What kind of top speed are you getting in your Caterham?
Glad you're liking my track enough to take your Cat out for such a long drive... Awesome to know mate :) Hope you keep having fun around here!

Hah... yeah... I find myself just gazing at the scenery. And then joining it. :(
lol Nice one mate... I hope whatever physics you're working on works well around here... I know your and @A3DR s Mustang loves it round here... The excellent Mustang was part of the reason I ripped up the road surface and had to redo it... As it was... It just wasn't worthy before... So big thanks to both of you for making the Mustang to help me see the road needed improving :)

They all are no doubt! Reason for the humble S38 is just that I have to get to know the road first :). Been progressing to a 911R which zips around pretty nicely especially in those loooong driftable turns.

Can't wait for the objects like bushes, rails and stuff, the sensation of speed is gonna be epic.

Thanks for the kudos. I'm really just doing hard surface modelling trying to get it as close to reality as possible without surpassing 100k tris all-in. Currently familiarizing myself with 3Ds for all the rigging and stuff.

I'll post a vid here as soon as I have one fast, clean lap in :).
Yeah I understand why you picked the beemer, makes total sense mate :)
The 911R... Now you're talking... that car is really happy around here, so balanced even with the engine hung out back. The long driftable turns really test out the tyres... Plenty of 90mph+ drift opportunities :)

Yeah the objects will really add a lot to what is now, essentially just a pizza base of a track... It's a big 100km² pizza.. I'd like to see the delivery guy get that on his moped lol

No worries, the kudos is well earned... It's not only an art to model something realistically... It's also an art in itself keeping things optimised... as I'm totally discovering. Good luck with getting aquainted with 3DS :)

It will be cool when you get a fast, clean lap in the bank...
If you lap in Hotlap mode you'll get a ghost car to compete against... If you haven't tried that... Or if you race against AI at around 95% you're kind of racing against me... Although the AI seem to use the brakes a bit more.

Cool hint with the 95% AI setting, will try that. Do you have some cruising traffic AI lines yet? Would add to the fun...

Will try to post a drift and clean time tonight. The 911R it seems to me is set up to echo 911s of days past like the 930, the way it rolls into the corner once you let off the gas reminds me of a 930 I drove once. Requires delicate interaction of brakes and gas in relation to the roll on corner entry. Difference clearly being the epic smoothness with which it goes about, the 930 was a sledgehammer in comparison. That being said I still tend to go back to the E30 which I drive in RL as well, the GrA E30 M3 is an absolute blast on this track! Maybe I'll get to a lap or two in that as well...

lol Nice one mate... I hope whatever physics you're working on works well around here... I know your and @A3DR s Mustang loves it round here... The excellent Mustang was part of the reason I ripped up the road surface and had to redo it... As it was... It just wasn't worthy before... So big thanks to both of you for making the Mustang to help me see the road needed improving :)

Thanks. Really glad you like the Mustang so much. (I do too.)

I have to say it was totally worth it to update the road surface... the driving feels so natural. It's really a joy, even just to cruise on. I know it's a big undertaking to do the same thing @ Pacific Coast but I think the difference is so huge. From where I sit it's worth it, but that's easy for me to say - I'm not doing the work.

Right now I'm driving the Diablo and 512TR around it and they're both magical. It's exactly the right kind of road for those cars. :)

Cool hint with the 95% AI setting, will try that. Do you have some cruising traffic AI lines yet? Would add to the fun...

Will try to post a drift and clean time tonight. The 911R it seems to me is set up to echo 911s of days past like the 930, the way it rolls into the corner once you let off the gas reminds me of a 930 I drove once. Requires delicate interaction of brakes and gas in relation to the roll on corner entry. Difference clearly being the epic smoothness with which it goes about, the 930 was a sledgehammer in comparison. That being said I still tend to go back to the E30 which I drive in RL as well, the GrA E30 M3 is an absolute blast on this track! Maybe I'll get to a lap or two in that as well...
The cruising AI will take a while as I need to separate and make the shoulder surface valid_track=0 or the AI will think they can use it... And for cruising AI I'd rather they stayed in the one lane. I might have to look at the shoulders at the same time anyway. Totally agree about the 911R... Not that I usually notice the subtle details of roll in etc... I notice them in a reactive way... Just I'm crap at describing what a cars doing lol
Well at least now you're talking in laps... as in you can make it round in one piece :)

Thanks. Really glad you like the Mustang so much. (I do too.)

I have to say it was totally worth it to update the road surface... the driving feels so natural. It's really a joy, even just to cruise on. I know it's a big undertaking to do the same thing @ Pacific Coast but I think the difference is so huge. From where I sit it's worth it, but that's easy for me to say - I'm not doing the work.

Right now I'm driving the Diablo and 512TR around it and they're both magical. It's exactly the right kind of road for those cars. :)
Yeah the Mustang is epic :)
I know what you mean about Pacific Coast... But that will be a right pain in the ass as most elements will need to be re-done FFB mesh, barriers, AI lines, cameras...... Thing is... If I decide to, I'd better do it soon before all the other stuff goes in! I'll have to have a good think about it... and say the word boll***s a few times! lol But I know what you mean the difference in flow is huge!

That Diablo sounds good round here, I know the 512 is cool :)
If you happen to stumble across a Viper GTS on your travels... I bet it would love the canyons! Maybe even a boatlike Corvette C4 ZR1... I would feel guilty about suggesting more work for you... But seeing as you're suggesting I rip up 23km of PCH road...... I don't ;) lol

Is there a 512TR I don't know about or we talking about the 'downloadable' 'conversion'?

And never equate a C4 with a boat, it rides like a Caddy is what you meant to say :whistling:. Love that wedge either way. A regular late C4 with the turbine wheels would be awesome to have.

Is there a 512TR I don't know about or we talking about the 'downloadable' 'conversion'?

And never equate a C4 with a boat, it rides like a Caddy is what you meant to say :whistling:. Love that wedge either way. A regular late C4 with the turbine wheels would be awesome to have.

the NFS(1) mod in progress ;)

The seven i reached probably 190 i wasn't looking actually so it's a good question. Some uphill it struggled to get to 170, i was careful after i lost it few times due to high speed!
And yes nice slides, some a little scary with the cliff right next door!

I read about your idea to make the off track to the white lines, IMHO, and for what it's worth, i would make it a little larger giving bit more freedom in such a long track. It could be frustrating to go a little out in one corner and having to redo a whole lap. Just my 2cents :p

Yeah the objects will really add a lot to what is now, essentially just a pizza base of a track... It's a big 100km² pizza.. I'd like to see the delivery guy get that on his moped lol
The delivery guy I usually see drives an E46 convertible, seems more suitable for this...

On the C4 aside I much prefer the concave rear end (early) to the convex one, just suits the rest of the car better.

lol The Cadillac is more yacht like ;) Corvettes and Vipers only have a hint of boaty-ness (if that's a word) and it's something I actually think is a good thing...
Can make them nicer to drive in a strange way IMO.
Turbine wheels on a C4 will look sweet... Test Drive reborn for Assetto's physics... That's got to be good I think :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back