awesome, i have been trying to do some canyon roads from matts vids in race track builder for ages now but unfortuantly that program doesnt have enough features and im no expert at 3d modeling etc but now ur doing this i dnt have to :p keep it up looks awesome so far

It is indeed a great looking car/design! I will post something when it's worth showing something. About the physics, I'd love aphidgod to take a look at 356/911 but I think he's already super busy with other projects. Btw I'm experimenting with some road materials/textures/shaders for LA Canyons (got a bit excited), love to try them out on your track, if you want.
I know the busy thing, hardly had any time to do anything for a while now... hopefully will get a decent amount of time soon to get an update on here.
I'm sure if time permits aphidgod might be able to help you out...
The starting point of the 911 story is an important automotive milestone...
Well it is IMO... Yeah mate I'm all up for seeing some experimental road textures.
Bit pressed for time at the moment... But I might have some time at the weekend / early next week :)

C4 for the win! By the way, don't mean to highjack this thread but since there was a C4 recently on the Smoking Tire I guess I have somewhat of a relevance when asking: Which C4 is actually gonna be included for NFS?

The first:

The last:

The regular:

The '93 40th Anniversary ruby:

The design was is and will remain timeless AFAIC.
No worries, I wouldn't consider that you're hijacking this thread, and if you were.... That's a good choice of car to do it with ;) lol
But I'm easily confused with what thread I'm in... And if I see Corvettes and Ferrari's I might think I'm in the Need For Speed thread... :)

But for the record... I am seriously ****ing looking forward to seeing a quality C4 in Assetto... Great choice of car projects everyone is doing... Shows great taste I think :) I'm probably looking forward to them more than the upcoming DLC.

awesome, i have been trying to do some canyon roads from matts vids in race track builder for ages now but unfortuantly that program doesnt have enough features and im no expert at 3d modeling etc but now ur doing this i dnt have to :p keep it up looks awesome so far
Nice one mate :)
I'm also no 3D expert... Far Far from it... and 3DS Max has an overwhelming range of features... But it is flipping superb!
I'm glad I'm saving you the time lol But Matt uses loads more roads in California... So you're not quite off the hook yet mate ;) There are plenty more Californian roads to do lol

Hope you get in some sweet laps... That's if you're managing to make all 42kms in one piece :)

Here's a challenge for you... Laid down by a guy called George... He's tough enough... Are you? ;)
I haven't had any chance to do any modding for a while now due to commitments I've had to meet, Hopefully in the near future I will be able to get on with it, we shall see :)

If you're on Youtube, give George a Sub... Got to admire his commitment to completing a race around here... It certainly isn't easy... Thanks :)

Nice concept but driving cars with crappy physics, what's the point...?
Fair point, but then some people would say, what's the point of driving my track as there are no details in it... It all depends on your tastes I suppose.
I'd much rather drive some muscle cars made by yourself and @aphidgod but you haven't done your muscle car pack yet ;) And I wouldn't expect Kunos to release a muscle car pack anytime soon.

George was nice enough to show my track some commitment... I'm spreading the word a little :)

Fair point, but then some people would say, what's the point of driving my track as there are no details in it... It all depends on your tastes I suppose.
I'd much rather drive some muscle cars made by yourself and @aphidgod but you haven't done your muscle car pack yet ;) And I wouldn't expect Kunos to release a muscle car pack anytime soon.

George was nice enough to show my track some commitment... I'm spreading the word a little :)

Sorry I've read the word "challenge" then saw all those shitty forza rips and well... what's the point. I was hoping there might be a decent Muscle Car to drive, but well, maybe someday :)

This means we'll get an AI update then? look at the Tajo track or the Highlands AI mod with the traffic system, that'll be perfect for your tracks.

Sorry I've read the word "challenge" then saw all those shitty forza rips and well... what's the point. I was hoping there might be a decent Muscle Car to drive, but well, maybe someday :)

This means we'll get an AI update then? look at the Tajo track or the Highlands AI mod with the traffic system, that'll be perfect for your tracks.
No worries mate... Maybe if Kunos pulled their Americano finger out of their...... There wouldn't be a need for forza rips... I know I'd rather pay for a muscle car pack than the latest DLC, no offence Kunos!

When I get the time I'd love to do oncoming traffic versions... The only thing is... with 42km's you'd probably need 100 AI to actually see some oncoming traffic! lol
Oncoming traffic will probably work better for Pacific, seeing as there are the gas stations to be used as turning around points.

I got about a 1/4 of the way through smoothing out the terrain for Pacific Coast before I got a load of paying work slapped on my desk... So when I get back to it, Pacific will be getting my attention... It's also bugging me that I haven't had the chance to optimise the scenery for Pacific... Especially the seriously crappy bushes! And the Mansion in the mountains needs to go in... It's long overdue!

But then the Mansion was going to be a start location for online layouts, as far as I've seen no-one hosts servers with it online, so I will put the mansion in (It's a dedication to my Bro after all) but probably won't be doing the online pursuit layouts as there doesn't seem to be a need for it.

A lack of time is a real pain in the ass... I salute you for finding the time to get your lovely car mods finished mate :)

But looking on the positive side... at least I managed to find the time to get both my tracks to the driveable stage :)
And in my defence about the no guardrails or roadsigns..... It's not my fault if people keep falling off... :laugh:

They both drive nicely and they already look better than many of the dodgy rF rips that are out there. Progress will come when it comes. :)
Cheers pal, nice to know :) It might have made more sense to do a normal small track to start with... But I don't really do normal.... or come to think of it... sensible lol

It's probably going to take me a while to remember where the f*** I was... and I also have a messy project folder with Pacific... Where I was kind of winging it trying to get things working in AC.... LA Canyons project folder is quite nice and neat as I knew what I was doing a bit more, so less trial versions of objects, textures etc.

As you say, progress will come when it comes :) I have a week or two of "normal" work to get done...
Then I can devote a block of time to getting some modding done :) At least I hope so!
(I'm not very good at doing an hour here and there as it takes me a while to remember where I was up to... and that is less productive, for me anyway)

Yeah I think time is the main thing to get right when making mods...
And if it wasn't for other creative outlets I have going on right now...
It would be really doing my head in not finding the time to do something creative...

As I'm sure you can appreciate with your lovely Ferrari seats gathering dust...
It's an art in itself realising these things take time... and not beating yourself up for... what feels like abandonment lol

A saying I probably use too much is... Rome wasn't built in a day... lol
One day my tracks will be finished to a standard I will be happy with...
And one day your Ferrari will be cruising around / along them.
And that's the main thing that matters :)

Keep doing what you're doing mate (when you can)...
everyone knows it's gonna be awesome! :thumbsup:

For anyone who doesn't follow the developments I've made on Pacific Coast...
Progress has been made on L.A Canyons even though I haven't worked on it for a while...
I have 2 billboard textures, totalling 10 trees, and all UV'd onto "Y trees" complete with a shadow plane for midday... 5 pine trees (will need to source some much higher res images at some point)
pine_tree_top_shadows-jpg.212735

Which look like this in game...
screenshot_ks_porsche_911_r_pacific_coast_v1_15-9-117-22-18-27-jpg.211973

This will be totally relevant to the Canyons...
I also have some awesome tools/scripts to scatter them across the terrain with :)
bushes_test_1-jpg.212435

For anyone who doesn't follow the developments I've made on Pacific Coast...
Progress has been made on L.A Canyons even though I haven't worked on it for a while...
I have 2 billboard textures, totalling 10 trees, and all UV'd onto "Y trees" complete with a shadow plane for midday... 5 pine trees (will need to source some much higher res images at some point)
pine_tree_top_shadows-jpg.212735

Which look like this in game...
screenshot_ks_porsche_911_r_pacific_coast_v1_15-9-117-22-18-27-jpg.211973

This will be totally relevant to the Canyons...
I also have some awesome tools/scripts to scatter them across the terrain with :)
bushes_test_1-jpg.212435

Duuuuude!!! I saw the update to Pacific Coast and was thinking 'I'll be damned if he doesn't throw those trees onto L.A. Canyons in certain areas' :). The bushes are actually even more relevant I guess. Sweet progress and thanks for sharing. I'm convinced this will eventually be the best and most complete real life road track out there.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back