Kyalami 2016

Tracks Kyalami 2016 0.9.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Prototype_ submitted a new resource:

Kyalami 2016 - After 37 years, the Kyalami 9 hour race is back on the 22nd November 2019

F63QvBL.png

oIYBn4u.jpg

rTTbnvI.jpg

v6TPd0y.jpg

jowma0Q.jpg

RoPs55J.jpg

6PpjELz.jpg

RyWQYfc.jpg

2Mn0Z6T.jpg

hQlNYd9.jpg

Read more about this resource...

Fantastic track, fun and challenging. Thanks @Prototype_ !
This might be a CM/CSP issue and down to my individual settings (specifically the optimisation options) but is anyone else getting a draw order issue with the flags? Hidden flags seem to be appearing in front of closer ones. Or is it maybe a translucency effect on the flags themselves?
Screenshot_legion_ariel_atom_v8_kyalami_2016_21-11-119-13-46-8.jpg

Screenshot_legion_ariel_atom_v8_kyalami_2016_21-11-119-13-44-13.jpg

As I said, CSP optimisations can do some weird things with draw orders on certain objects [edit: especially flags], so is anyone else seeing this?

Edit: there seems to be the 'double flag' issue that the CSP introduced a few versions ago, evident in the closest flags on the top image above, so maybe it is a CSP problem.

Last edited:
Took me a few tries to copy the correct files/folders on my plain vanilla system. Once that was done and the track would load, I then had to go through the "these turns are TIGHT" exercise before I could run laps without running off the track, LOL. Took me 6 laps!

I feel like the grass/soil color is very muted in comparison to pictures you can see find. Even the trees seem dark and grey-ish. Maybe its on my end but other stuff looks similar. Some Pictures below View attachment 335527View attachment 335528
It will always be a challenge to please everyone with colors and color pallets. We all run different PPfilters, different monitors, SOL, no SOL, etc. He did include a PP filter for the track itself, have you tried that?

And the creator chose to emulate a dry South African environment, so might not match random google pictures as they could have been taken during a rainy season.

Last edited:
I feel like the grass/soil color is very muted in comparison to pictures you can see find. Even the trees seem dark and grey-ish. Maybe its on my end but other stuff looks similar. Some Pictures below View attachment 335527View attachment 335528
This beta version seems set at the height of the dry season where grass and foliage colours will be more muted, but perhaps the overall saturation is a little low. The tarmac is also quite a light warm grey rather than a cooler darker one. I know someone commented about the dark tarmac in the dev thread at Assetto Corsa Mods which is maybe why it was changed, but I think I preferred the original darker, cooler grey. It added contrast and seems more true-to-life. Maybe the lighter, warm-grey tarmac is what's making you think the palette is a little bland?
A greener, more lush track skin could easily be done as a seasonal variation, and don't forget this is a beta release so final colours might still be under review. At the end of the day it's the modder's decision what final ambiance and atmosphere he wants to achieve.

Last edited:
It will always be a challenge to please everyone with colors and color pallets. We all run different PPfilters, different monitors, SOL, no SOL, etc. He did include a PP filter for the track itself, have you tried that?

And the creator chose to emulate a dry South African environment, so might not match random google pictures as they could have been taken during a rainy season.
I tried the filter. Just feel like the ground texture could be more yellow and that wouldnt change during dry seasons. But I dont want to complain too much its a fun track with lots of details and its a beta after all!

Took me a few tries to copy the correct files/folders on my plain vanilla system. Once that was done and the track would load, I then had to go through the "these turns are TIGHT" exercise before I could run laps without running off the track, LOL. Took me 6 laps!
Emery, I too am struggling. done the 5 files\dir's as per instruction. still wont load.. Anything specific ??

Al

This beta version seems set at the height of the dry season where grass and foliage colours will be more muted, but perhaps the overall saturation is a little low. The tarmac is also quite a light warm grey rather than a cooler darker one. I know someone commented about the dark tarmac in the dev thread at Assetto Corsa Mods which is maybe why it was changed, but I think I preferred the original darker, cooler grey. It added contrast and seems more true-to-life. Maybe the lighter, warm-grey tarmac is what's making you think the palette is a little bland?
A greener, more lush track skin could easily be done as a seasonal variation, and don't forget this is a beta release so final colours might still be under review. At the end of the day it's the modder's decision what final ambiance and atmosphere he wants to achieve.

cooler grey
Clipboard01.jpg

Here is an example of the dryer times we can have here:

And it has only started raining here in the last few weeks, before that our last proper rain was in February I believe, I assume the textures were based on our dry winter.

Here is an example of the dryer times we can have here:

And it has only started raining here in the last few weeks, before that our last proper rain was in February I believe, I assume the textures were based on our dry winter.
I’ve heard of the droughts, silver lining is not having to wash the car as often :laugh:

Hope you are not mixing files with the other version you are making files for...

Ai works perfect here
did you check the AI leaving the PITS. The RACE AI is fine.
I checked the pit_lane.ai and it stops very soon after existing the pits, I extended my pit ai spline to blend with the race line after crowthorne and all works fine now

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%