Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Hello .. I follow the tutorial and as much as I agree with him I could not make my image tga for mod Super Clio. I wonder if a good-hearted man could make that image in TGA for me and help me to put in the mod?

Attachments

• 260509_528792_img_0140-1100x734.jpg
    260509_528792_img_0140-1100x734.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 282
Hi Patrick,
I assume this track can't be used on AMS but just wondering if it could. It is my home track and I will be out there for the Pirelli World Challenge races this weekend and wanted to give it a go. If not then I would be interested in helping to make it work but really don't have any experience in track making. The track has been bought by a Chinese company this year and it looks like a lot of money and time will be put into it in the coming years so it could be a good track to work on for me since I can access and drive it (track days, not racing) without too much work. Thanks for all your great work and the energy that you put into giving us more tracks to drive on!! - Keith Griffall

Hi Patrick,
Changed a few lines in the .scn file and it works in AMS so that is all I needed! Thanks again for your great work and it may not be up to your standards but it is great to be able to drive on the track that you live near. If I had a clue I would be happy to make it even better but since I really don't know how to do that then I will just be happy with this and please let me know if you or anyone else wants to update this track and I would be happy to help in any way. I can get plenty of high res pictures or video or whatever might help. If Reiza would like to add it to their official tracks I can work on getting permission if that would help. Love your tracks and I can't tell you enough how much it means to us lowly sim racers that you put in so much time and effort to make this game great :) - Keith

Hi Patrick,
Changed a few lines in the .scn file and it works in AMS so that is all I needed! Thanks again for your great work and it may not be up to your standards but it is great to be able to drive on the track that you live near. If I had a clue I would be happy to make it even better but since I really don't know how to do that then I will just be happy with this and please let me know if you or anyone else wants to update this track and I would be happy to help in any way. I can get plenty of high res pictures or video or whatever might help. If Reiza would like to add it to their official tracks I can work on getting permission if that would help. Love your tracks and I can't tell you enough how much it means to us lowly sim racers that you put in so much time and effort to make this game great :) - Keith

Thats nice to hear. May I ask, what lines need to be altered so that GSC tracks work in AMS? I took a look in the .scn file and there is so much in there I dont understand.

Thanks

Thanks Keith :)

I like this track too but I cant work on it for the moment :(
No problem but if you ever want to work on it again I would be happy to help in any way. I was really looking at the track this weekend and it would be nice to have the elevation changes and corner banking correct but I do realize how hard that would be. Maybe soon :0 I did get a chance to talk with Alan Wilson who designed the track and he seemed interested in getting a good 3d representation of it online so at least there is interest!

Thats nice to hear. May I ask, what lines need to be altered so that GSC tracks work in AMS? I took a look in the .scn file and there is so much in there I dont understand.

Thanks
Hi Scott, Sorry but I'm out of town so I will get you a copy of the changed .scn file this weekend. I don't really understand it all either but I was able to decipher the file enough to make it work. Not sure if it would work on every track but the problem was that certain texture files it calls for aren't there so the track wasn't loading. By changing the names or locations of the texture files to ones that are in the common folder of AMS it allows it to load. Should have it up in a couple of days. - Keith

I asked in the Cart Extreme blog but never got a response, so I thought I would try here. My cockpit is the wrong color from the in car (driving) view. How do I change the color? The template comes with a PSD cockpit file, but I do not know how to install it. Thanks in advance.

I've been wondering about some of the add-on tracks that were converted from rF to GSCE and how they've been described as "not up to GSCE standards," and I'm assuming it takes a lot of work to get tracks to that point. But I haven't been able to get a clear idea of what it actually involves: texture updates, mesh/object replacements, creating a new racegroove, tweaking the shaders, and a few other things have been brought up, but I'm not sure if I've actually seen any how-to guides for most of these things. I own 3DSimEd and some image editing programs, and I could probably do a fair amount of basic stuff if I had a guide, but I don't have 3DSmax so I know what I'd be able to do is limited. If I want to tinker with an rF track just for personal use to educate myself on how to upgrade it for GSCE (and maybe Automobilista down the line), where would I start?

a good start would be already to update all the shaders beside the tarmac... grass, gravel, buildings, walls, armcos, sponsor banners etc etc... all this you can do with 3dsimed ;)
in sce you could make the tarmac and the curbs with 3dsimed too but for ams the new raceline you wont get right with it, you will need 3dsmax...
maybe work together with patrick and help him to get the stuff beside the track with ams shaders so he can concentrate on planting the grass and trees and doing the tarmac with the raceline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 102 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%