Kvyat Joins Vergne at Toro Rosso for 2014

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Kvyat Joins Vergne at Toro Rosso for 2014

Toro Rosso have announced that Russian driver Daniil Kvyat will drive for Toro Rosso next season in place of the Red Bull bound Daniel Ricciardo, alongside Jean-Eric Vergne who has been retained for a third season.

The Young Russian who currently competes for Arden International in the GP3 Series is on the Red Bull young driver programme and is second in the championship going into the final race of the season in Abu Dhabi.

It was widely thought that Antonio Felix da Costa who was next...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 90535

Hmm English transcription of his name is really funny for me I must say :). On polish sites he is reffered to as Kwiat. And it looks like we are going to have 2 russians in F1 next year, though I think that Kwiat is going to be better than Sirotkin.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's surprising how people go out and call Red Bull on this when we don't know if De Costa actually just didn't accept to drive for Toro Rosso. (I haven't heard anything from him about this)
Plus isn't Toro Rosso (for the lack of better words) wealthy enough to go after drivers with talent instead of seeking drivers with big portfolios? (If Kvyat has nothing more than a big portfolio)

Da Costa was "surprised" and "frustrated" with the news in his facebook page.

Вы против русских в Ф1?
Nope, this is an English website. Consider this your first - and last - warning. Seriously, how would one even think about not speaking English on here?

"Oh, everyone is posting in English - it sure is fine if I post something in <random language> too."

Seriously, are people really that naive? Apart from that, it's in the terms and rules. Jeez.

Tom

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back