Kunos Simulazioni Working on Assetto Corsa Console Issues - Massarutto Responds

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Console.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have acknowledged the recent console launch of Assetto Corsa has not been without its problems, and have confirmed the development team are hard at work building a patch for the game ,planned for release in the coming days.

With framerate and tearing problems on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Assetto Corsa rendering the game almost unplayable for some people, Kunos have acknowledged the issues via their various communication tools and promised players that a fix is in development and due to be deployed as soon as possible.

In order to further placate disappointed fans, Kunos Marco Massarutto has taken to Facebook to offer his thanks for the continual support of the majority of sim racing fans. As well as looking to fix some of the more glaring issues with the game, the recent Facebook posting from Massarutto suggests Kunos are not entirely closed to the idea of further developing the core Assetto Corsa experience to meet the expectations of console players more familiar with experienced offered up by console giants Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo.

Read the full Facebook statement from Marco Massarutto below:

"Thank you for the awesome support and constructive critics you are giving us for the console version of Assetto Corsa. We are focusing on those areas where we can improve/fix/add features. We are experiencing for the first time with a different audience, with different "needs". It's not a matter of "how the game is realistic", but how it is balanced; it's a matter of which kind of options people ask for, to customize the experience better, wherever we are able to do it. So, we are identifying different areas, and we'll work on those. Thank you."
Assetto Corsa Launch Trailer - North America
Assetto Corsa is available for console today in North America and already released in Europe. Version 1.8 for PC players can be downloaded now from Steam.
Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum for news on both console and PC versions of the game. Join in the discussion, download some of our quality mods and race with you fellow players. All here to enjoy at RaceDepartment.com.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari 2.jpg Assetto Corsa Ferrari .jpg Assetto Corsa Praga R1.jpg

Do you have the console version of Assetto Corsa? What are your impressions so far? Have you experienced any issues? Do you own both PC and Console versions? What differences have you found? Let us know in the comments section below!

Hmmm, I have no idea how fps could be a surprise to Kunos but what do I know? Am I'm curious; does Forza have private servers? Anyway, the driving emphasis thing really doesn't seem to make sense for a lot of console players because they wouldn't know how to drive be ause if they did they'd already be playing PC sims no? So you combine people who don't know how to drive and give them nothing else to do (which many PC players are fine with because they know how to drive so can appreciate the driving) and what did they expect? Also Forza and GT have awesome fantasy tracks and I'm sorry but a console racer simply has to have awesome fantasy tracks because they can be fun even if you don't know how to drive. If I had to guess I'd say 80% of console market is clueless about driving but think they are driving gods and Forza and GT play into this perfectly. Best Kunos could have done is to loudly set expectations that there is no game and that you have to learn how to drive but even for many hard core PC sim racers that is not enough. Will be interesting to see where they take it and will be much harder now that cat(no pun) is out of the bag with product being released. Had they gone for 30 fps and designed a game around it (i.e. hire a game designer because not Kunos' core competency)) I think it could have been a huge hit.

Well, the thing is that you compare them to Forza and GT but they don't want to become Forza and GT.

Also if 80% of console market is clueless about driving, very likely 80% of pc users are too.

And yeah, designing the game around 30fps would have been a game changer, sure. Please...

Well, the thing is that you compare them to Forza and GT but they don't want to become Forza and GT.

Also if 80% of console market is clueless about driving, very likely 80% of pc users are too.

And yeah, designing the game around 30fps would have been a game changer, sure. Please...
80% of console users are under 16 anyway.

140% of people does not feel FFB and physics through a gamepad.

I played dirt rally in a ps4 (own it on PC) and said...mmmm this suck. So I guess that's the feeling for the majority of console racer as without a wheel, that I guess are the majority

• ronniej

I will be purchasing a console copy for my nephew when he visits this Labour Day weekend. He along with others in my family are growing up and have grown up with taking rides with me in high horsepower RWD vehicles and going to Motorsport races. I will not be partaking in the console version as I have become a member of the PC Master Race and don't plan on changing that anytime soon.....AC#1

Also, I grew up with console gaming and Gran Turismo. This is what I was after all along, which is why NFS and similar titles didn't get much playtime. I will admit that I was worried for Kunos in regards to having an easy P2P muliplayer setup for consoles available, but like others have mentioned, it is catered for the realistic crowd and Kunos wanted to see if there was a market for AC on console.

I'm a very happy customer.:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the day I played Race Pro with the same gamepad I used for Forza yet somehow was able to tell that it was much more realistic than any of the other racing games out at the time. Saying that a person can't tell the difference between simulation physics and sim-cade physics while using a gamepad is such BS.
--------------------
No surprise at all to see low scores given by clueless reviewers. The guy reviewing for destructoid could care less that the tracks are laser scanned and his only claim to knowing how realistic the cars drive is by basing the Corvette GT2 in game to a Vette that he drove around the block one time; pretty easy to see how he would consider the AI broken simply because they smoked him.
There are plenty of reasons that the AC version shouldn't score higher than about 65/100 but giving it a score 20+ points lower than that simply because it isn't Forza is pretty stupid. But I guess stupid is par for the course when it comes to reviewers/blogs nowadays.

140% of people does not feel FFB and physics through a gamepad.

I played dirt rally in a ps4 (own it on PC) and said...mmmm this suck. So I guess that's the feeling for the majority of console racer as without a wheel, that I guess are the majority

People get confused when they just think about "average" or "typical" console gamers. Casual racing games sell really well on PC - much better than "hardcore" sims. So if PC sims are not aimed at "average" PC gamers (who won't own a wheel either), why should we think AC is aimed at average console gamers?

Logitech and Thrustmaster are clearly targeting console owners with their wheels. Why? Because its a big market. If only 10% of Gran Turismo buyers buy a wheel, that's more than if 100% of AC buyers buy a wheel. Similarly Kunos are not expecting all Gran Turismo buyers to buy AC. If just 10% do then they will have significantly more console customers than PC customers.

Well I'll have to completely disagree with you on this. FM5/6, pCARS, DIRT, F1-2016, all drive fine and the lag is minimal at best. Actually doesn't bother me at all. Yes, I have PC versions, actually I have two gaming PC's one is a Next Level Motion Rig with Triples..... And I can attest to the fact that the console racers do not have Lag that makes them unplayable.

I really enjoy sometimes just clicking one button and always being able to play (console is always less painless than any PC game) a racing game like Fm6, F1-16 and AC of course just jump in and drive. Sometimes I even like chasing the leaderboards on the console or achievements.

My rigs are setup to use the same wheel as on the console. TX wheel on Xbone and T300 on PC/PS3

Yesterday i checked Forza 5 (6 not better) and SLRE for the XBox and coulnd´t drive it with the TX-wheel, because the lag is just horrible (and FFB terrible). Never tried AC on an XBox, but it can´t be so bad according to the reviews and about matching graphical weels. Most PC-ports from console seems to suck much more than what Kunos did. AC is certainly not as good as on PC and will hopefully never be, but it seems more awesome than the sh*t Turn 10 did by far.

Back in the day I played Race Pro with the same gamepad I used for Forza yet somehow was able to tell that it was much more realistic than any of the other racing games out at the time. Saying that a person can't tell the difference between simulation physics and sim-cade physics while using a gamepad is such BS.
--------------------
No surprise at all to see low scores given by clueless reviewers. The guy reviewing for destructoid could care less that the tracks are laser scanned and his only claim to knowing how realistic the cars drive is by basing the Corvette GT2 in game to a Vette that he drove around the block one time; pretty easy to see how he would consider the AI broken simply because they smoked him.
There are plenty of reasons that the AC version shouldn't score higher than about 65/100 but giving it a score 20+ points lower than that simply because it isn't Forza is pretty stupid. But I guess stupid is par for the course when it comes to reviewers/blogs nowadays.

Couldn't care less ;)

HTH

A very arrogant statement Kevin.... and insulting to many console users. I'd bet 50% can drive better than you. You have no idea what console user can do, and to state they don't even know how to drive is simply arrogant. Yes FM 5/6 has private servers.

Why in the heck would Thrustmaster, Fanatec, and many controller manufactures focus so hard on Console market if they was only casual gamers.

Get an XBox One/PS4 and FM6 and see how you match up to all those folks that don't know how to drive.

It cracks me up how so many PC gamers are so damn arrogant with respect to Console gamers. I own and play both... And I can appreciate all games and judge them on what they deliver..... I consider them successful if their intent is met. Like Dirt met it's intent as did F1 2016... both console and PC versions.

Actually I bet I have more than the average gamer. Two full PC Driving Rigs...
1) Triples on a Next Level Motion rig with GTX980 card and 4.0GHz processor and T300 Wheel, Fanatec Pedals, Thrustmaster TP3A Pro Shifter. System also runs PS3/4
2) 37" screen on Fanatec Rig with PC and TX wheel, TP3A Pro Pedals and Shifter and system also supports XBone.

I enjoy the racing on Console as much even more at times than on PC.... Though nothing compares to my Next Level Motion rig and PC games like DIRT, AC, F1, RF2, R3E, etc. But at times FM 6 is as enjoyable as any....!

I don't see why all can not just accept and respect each gamer for his choice of game and machine without insulting each other. A game is by definition not reality... So all you folks thinking this is realistic... It's not! I also raced in both cars and bikes and I can assure you one thing if anything... Gaming is not even close to the real thing I don't care how good the wheel feels, or you feel the bumps in the road or even with the Best Motion Rig... You are still miles away for the real deal and the real feeling!

Gaming is meant to replicate and be fun.... And most good racing games today all meet that basic need. And Fantasy tracks can be just as fun when design properly.... And I can think of a few that have been transferred to PC from GT/FM that folks really enjoy.

Hmmm, I have no idea how fps could be a surprise to Kunos but what do I know? Am I'm curious; does Forza have private servers? Anyway, the driving emphasis thing really doesn't seem to make sense for a lot of console players because they wouldn't know how to drive be ause if they did they'd already be playing PC sims no?

So you combine people who don't know how to drive and give them nothing else to do (which many PC players are fine with because they know how to drive so can appreciate the driving) and what did they expect?

Also Forza and GT have awesome fantasy tracks and I'm sorry but a console racer simply has to have awesome fantasy tracks because they can be fun even if you don't know how to drive. If I had to guess I'd say 80% of console market is clueless about driving but think they are driving gods and Forza and GT play into this perfectly.

--------------------

Billy Strange of ISR is a 360 Sprint Car driver and even he got smoked by the AI on easy...

...until they all pit with one to go.

Dont get me wrong.
You can see there is a difference in physics.
You can see the handle different.
You can see they move different.

You definitely don't feel that through the rumble of the gamepad. So yes, I think majority of console gamers (those who don't own a wheel because they just don't want to) won't buy a racing game because of the physics because it's not like it will be a crazy new feeling. And if they usually get another features in other console games...maybe it's just not enough for them that physics (AND FFB) are that great in AC. (I don't own any race game for consoles so...don't really know about them features) (I can just hotlap because I enjoy driving with the pc) (I own a ps4 but just got Fifa...2014).

So in conclusion, playing with a gamepad can be fun but I don't really feel the differences directly through the pad as I feel them through my wheel, so for me, to play on a ps4 with a gamepad, physics wouldn't be that much important as it feels empty. FOR ME.

I will be purchasing a console copy for my nephew when he visits this Labour Day weekend. He along with others in my family are growing up and have grown up with taking rides with me in high horsepower RWD vehicles and going to Motorsport races. I will not be partaking in the console version as I have become a member of the PC Master Race and don't plan on changing that anytime soon.....AC#1

Also, I grew up with console gaming and Gran Turismo. This is what I was after all along, which is why NFS and similar titles didn't get much playtime. I will admit that I was worried for Kunos in regards to having an easy P2P muliplayer setup for consoles available, but like others have mentioned, it is catered for the realistic crowd and Kunos wanted to see if there was a market for AC on console.

I'm a very happy customer.:thumbsup:
PC Masterrace all the way man.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back