Kunos Previews Version 1.5 Track Improvements

12647375_1323632514329730_1938316857838484122_n.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have outlined future developments for the upcoming version 1.5 of Assetto Corsa.

The announcement comes from the official Facebook page for the game, and makes a short recap of the development process during the last couple of years and what to expect for the track quality in version 1.5.

"The development of Assetto Corsa began in 2011. Since then, we have vastly improved our modelling techniques – today we have more resources (budget and manpower) and expertise, and the latest laser-scanning technology also allows us to obtain a better and wider scan, offering an opportunity to grab a higher number of objects surrounding the track. Moreover, during the development of Assetto Corsa, we have changed our approach to texturing and track modelling, creating more secondary details and trackside objects and also featuring 3D trees and camera-facing objects and crowds, something that resulted in nicer scenarios and better immersion. However, as a result there is now a visible gap in terms of graphics and details if you compare some of the first and the latest circuits created for Assetto Corsa.

Last year we made some tests with a new laser-scanning device, testing it at our HQ at Vallelunga race track, where we made our preliminary tests in early 2010 in preparation for the Ferrari Virtual Academy videogame. Since our aim is to offer our fans the best of our skills, know-how and quality, we are glad to tell you that we have started the process of optimizing and improving all our existing circuits, including Vallelunga, Nurburgring GP, Mugello, Magione, Imola, Silverstone, Monza, Spa Francorchamps, as well as the Nordschleife. The upgraded versions of these tracks will be available as a free update with build 1.5, currently in development.

Thank you very much for your great support!"

Update 1.5 will include the upgraded versions of all existing circuits. The update will be free, but there's no mention of an estimated release time or any other aspects of the changelog. You can check out the rest of the comparison screenshots of Vallelunga here:

12650969_1323632407663074_5236874710477723739_n.jpg 12651215_1323632344329747_7344512222940466299_n.jpg 12669575_1323632404329741_5329793163728902544_n.jpg

Stay tuned for further information, and in the mean time lets us know what you make of this!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 130869

The gravel traps are horrible, horrible, horrible. Zandvoort, Barcelona and Brands Hatch suffer so much from it.

Edit: The gravel trap on the WIP shots is the problem.

Yet still no pitstops for offline, still some game issues like clock speeds influencing laptimes - saw evidence of this first hand last night(see AC forums too).

Nah. Bought this game under all the hype way back when, but it's seriously lost touch with me.

Will continue with rFactor 2 - some will say it looks like crap, but it does the essentials way better than anything else.

The question is: are 3D trees, trackside objects and some new graphical secondary details the main priority for AC?
For the person who creates the tracks and who produces the game, for sure harm doesn't do. The game programmer dev or car physics dev, I think they don't occupy their time with improving the race tracks graphics. So, AC can have several main priorities, as long as all those same main priorities from different areas aren't attributed to the same person. And that's not the case, you can see in the game credits, when the menu is closing, who does what.

Tarmac textures looks better, and the race groove seems more smooth.
New gravel textures do not thrill me at all.
But eventually track side objects are something worth of improvement on old Kunos tracks.

The question is: are 3D trees, trackside objects and some new graphical secondary details the main priority for AC?

Why thinking it's their "main priority" only because they're improving one aspect of the game? Why not just being happy with any improvement? ;)

Edit: Sorry for the bashing - didn't read post #6

Last edited:
That gravel looks horrible.

Regarding priorities in Kunos:
2D artists, 3D artists and sound designers get paid for creating content and improving existing content. But this doesn't mean that Kunos couldn't stock up on coders to fix stuff or add features.
The real question is if Kunos even shares the opinion on some of the features.
Maybe for Kunos the multiplayer and career mode are already perfect?

My guess is that 1.5 is effectively the console release v1.0. So basically, expect 1.5 at some point mid to late March (I'd have thought).
good idea , i thought the same this improvement are made for console requesting. infact they speak about silly and secondary things that usual look a console player. ;) i'm too busy on drive for look tree or the spectators or other things.

good idea , i thought the same this improvement are made for console requesting. infact they speak about silly and secondary things that usual look a console player. ;) i'm too busy on drive for look tree or the spectators or other things.
Some old Kunos circuits definitely need an improvement because the surroundings are too spoil.
Also, imagine how much immersion trees and spectators can give in tracks like Trento -Bondone.

So we have amazing physics, Amazing sounds, Amazing FFB , Amazing Car modelling .... And now they will try to make better Environment ? This is Perefecto...

2 Years Ago I Was saying that games like GSC , Rfactor 2 , have amazing physics and ffb , but this is not the only that we want . TO get the best immersion we need Sounds, Graphics ,FFB and Physics. So I Think Assetto is the only way to go .

Raceroom feels great to and I have all the content , But its very annoying that my friends have different content and we cant have a Proper Multi ... Every time we have to speak each other to see what content we have in common . On Assetto Rfactor and P.C. we just jump on multi.

Yet still no pitstops for offline, still some game issues like clock speeds influencing laptimes - saw evidence of this first hand last night(see AC forums too).

Nah. Bought this game under all the hype way back when, but it's seriously lost touch with me.

Will continue with rFactor 2 - some will say it looks like crap, but it does the essentials way better than anything else.

Maybe Rfactor 2 looks terrible and the physics are strange at default settings, and there is not so good optimize on some gpus, and the sounds aren't like R3E, But the FFB is just AMAZING default ffb settings on Rfactor2 are way better than default Assetto . Now Assetto after some tweaking it feels great like Rfactor2.

All good and well but really kunos need to sort out the sub par multiplayer experience/functions.They cant keep sweeping it under the rug with that same old bs that no one plays online multiplayer so they dont have to rectify the many flaws it has.and especially with the console release looming they might be suprised just how many console gamers like playing online more than sp beacause its a matter of fact.like me for instance battlefield franchise i never touched sp but thrashed mp.And the same goes for AC with me the AI just don't cut it. And multiplayer racing in general is head and shoulders above racing AI of any kind that's for sure if only stefano could see that!

Last edited:
If the overall team has expanded then you will have different teams working on different things. I'm assuming there is a team responsible for tracks and they've been busy working away more than the others. :)

Yes I do agree though that there are other details in the game that need sorting, although you can say that about most of the sims we race on here.

I'm not forming any opinions until I see the finished article, the gravel trap textures look like they've been grabbed from Google Earth as they look very low-res though.

But it's free, and any free update is welcome in my opinion :thumbsup:

Maybe Rfactor 2 looks terrible and the physics are strange at default settings
rF2 doesn't really look terrible, they just give you control over the conditions instead of limiting you to a specific set time of day.
There are times of the day at which everything looks flat and boring,
And yes, rF2 is lacking those cinematic effects AC and PCars are enforcing everywhere, but that's a big plus in my books.

Physics strange? You mean .... pretty realistic? ;)

Yet still no pitstops for offline. ... snip

Offline pitstops are to be part of the 1.5 update, this and other updates were announced within Kunos's New Year post ... >42 new cars, laser scanned Red Bull Ring, historic Silverstone, plus 10Km & junior versions of Monza. Lots to look forward to in 2016 :)

OK, not every bug or feature will be fixed or added, but this isn't the only sim out there with faults / bugs / or missing features ...

|-o-|

The older tracks do look a little bland compared to their newer offerings, so the graphical updates will be very welcome. Though, that gravel needs changing!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back