AC Kunos Praga R1 @ Monza - Mon 29 July 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I really enjoyed that race, but lost about 3 places with a few minutes to, my tires were in the red.

Thanks for the race guys and making my life easy ...we did have one problem, one driver was on the wrong server, I said I would message him after the race, but I have no idea who it was :thumbsup:

Hope to see you all next week for something totally different ..

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: ..very well done and congrads to all the drivers that finished :thumbsup:

Sorry for that. And sorry for my reaction, you stoped like almost in front of me.
No problem, Raresch and sorry for that, I was so suprised that I didn't know what to do. And thank God that I was on mute so no one could hear me!

That was you then that I seen ..I hope you don't mind but I was laughing to myself ...hope to see you soon :thumbsup:
I don't mind at all, Craig. It's another part of the fun, isn't it? After a few minutes I could laugh to myself for such a stupid way not to finish. I guess I qualify now for HAAS or Ferrari driver!

I clipped the grass on the outside and lost control breaking for turn 4 and thats a death sentence in AC. Stupid mistake -.-
Usually you can take the curb on the outside into the breaking zone too, not possible in AC so that made turn 4 harder i think. Great race @Asterix , wing 2 here ... until next time ;)

I clipped the grass on the outside and lost control breaking for turn 4 and thats a death sentence in AC. Stupid mistake -.-
Usually you can take the curb on the outside into the breaking zone too, not possible in AC so that made turn 4 harder i think. Great race @Asterix , wing 2 here ... until next time ;)

Well done, you had a great drive ..hope to see you next time :thumbsup:

Another great race, thanks for the hosting @Craig Dunkley! Happy with 2nd, gambled on the mediums hoping the softs of @Asterix and @ionONE1 would've gone off more near the end giving me more of an advantage but they didn't!
Very happy with my launch at the start and then I had a pretty clean race with only very minor mistakes so happy with my progress in that department. @Kek700 was keeping me on my toes for most of the race until he pitted.
My race livestream has been linked, currently qualifying starts at 20:47 and the race starts at 44:00 (I will edit it down when youtube lets me)

Another great race, thanks for the hosting @Craig Dunkley! Happy with 2nd, gambled on the mediums hoping the softs of @Asterix and @ionONE1 would've gone off more near the end giving me more of an advantage but they didn't!
Very happy with my launch at the start and then I had a pretty clean race with only very minor mistakes so happy with my progress in that department. @Kek700 was keeping me on my toes for most of the race until he pitted.
My race livestream has been linked, currently qualifying starts at 20:47 and the race starts at 44:00 (I will edit it down when youtube lets me)
So I was not the only one who pitted :confused::confused:

Firstly, as always, thanks to @Craig Dunkley for hosting.

Tough race.

Managed to get a Qualy lap to stick this time and was very lucky to take pole - I could see @ionONE1 getting closer and closer, but just managed to squeak it by a knat's chuff.

Got an OK start pulling away from Florian but then noticed @Michael Owens stonking up behind me having got off the line like a scalded cat! Managed to keep them both at bay for T1 and off we went.

I opted to run zero wing on softs - bloody stupid if you ask me - and it was tough keeping Florian out of slipstream/tow distance. I was much faster on the straights but if he could get close enough on the corner exits, I'd pull him at my pace - so I had to really work at getting the car through the corners settled to try and get on the gas as early as possible before each straight. Was doing OK but Florian was bloody fast and kept immense pressure on me and I succumb at the 2nd chicane and ran wide on the exit, getting into the sand and dropping a few seconds back. To be honest, it was a bit of a relief as I don't like running up front like that and much prefer to be the one putting pressure on - was edging up very slowly on him but was happy with that as there was plenty of race to go and I was able to look after my tyres much better than when up front.

The he went off at the same complex I did - it's a git that entry, if you notice on a replay, I give that kerb a wide berth as it always bites me, as it did Florian.

Then I had the task of managing Michael behind who was consistent in keeping me under renewed pressure but I was also getting closer to @Altaraz who'd need lapping, possibly towards the end of the last lap. I don't have much luck with back markers so started to back off very slightly to finish without having to pass but also be fast enough to keep Michael far enough behind. Klaus then solved the issue by going off at everyone's favourite chicane and stayed off track allowing us past - thanks :thumbsup:

Rear Left tyre had gone past red and had gone off the scale - everything else has rubbish too - very nervy few last laps but managed to hold on.

I ran a different race to most, apart from @Raresch , for a start ran wing at 3, and a pit stop.
i enjoyed driving this thing so much i did not want to spoil the experience by running on softs
in the yellow then red or carry 65 litres of fuel. loved every minute of this race.
Following @Michael Owens, which kept me focused for 3/4 of the race, made one mistake,
but as i was pitting, it did not mean anything.
Surprised at the Softs, they ran a good pace, when i had to do 3 laps in the yellow.
Shocked at how time consuming the pit stop was, thought i had enough of a space behind for a stop.
@rockracer shot by with a healthy lead on me, try and i did, could not close the gap before the end of
the race.
Bit concerned about @Raresch and my pit stop, assumed he was on mediums, he was hanging in their for a long time, his racing has noticeably improved of late. A pit stop was not the way to go if a placing
was your main goal. The sweet spot was mediums, wing 2, but i found the car more responsive in a fun way with softs.
For me really enjoyable race, why this event was not over subscribed is a mystery to me, and @Craig Dunkley too i imagine.
Great event Craig. :thumbsup:
Ps, well done podium, running softs in yellow then red with wing at 0, you deserve a medal for that alone.:confused:

Thanks for a great race guys!
This was my first race with AC and my newly bought FFB wheel. And I have a lot to learn still!!! Being a novice my main priority was not to hit any other drivers to hard, and to complete the race without having running of track too many times.

I ran with the rear wing at 3, and completely baffled how it is possible to run with wing 0 and still stay on the road...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back